i knew it would happen

SBR08

well as i said i am home for 2 days with my mum, i have eaten 2 meals today as no one knows im on lt and i refuse to tell them cos i know they will give me a hard time etc.

so my question is now i have eaten a shake and 2 meals today whats the worse that could happen? i could gain weight this week? be out of ketosis?

if i get back to it tomorrow will it take a while to get back into ketosis?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i knew i would have to end up eating in front of my family

what exactly did u eat? did u eat high carb / fatty food?

I know it's hard to tell family, but so much easier for your ultimate weight loss if you do. I was really up front with my mum (who can be very critical) and was amazed that she was so supportive. Put today behind you and refocus, and stay on track till your weigh in... 3-4 days is the average for Ketosis from what others on here say...

If you're gonna do that then you might as well not have the shake & save yourself money... it's a waste otherwise...

It's all or nothing I'm afraid.... I know it sounds harsh but that's coz it's a harsh diet...

It's do-able though so pick yerself up & re-focus :)

I do wish people wouldn't feel so embarrassed about this diet - it's such a positive thing to do & to share with people :)

Fear & the fear of ridicule / failing holds so many people back from reaching their true potential... :)

Be strong & walk without fear - you can do it :D

u mean 3-4 days to get back into ketosis

i dont even want to post what i ate cos i feel ashamed!

i dont even want to post what i ate cos i feel ashamed!

Don't be ashamed... just recognise it & don't do it again :)

Tomorrows another day :)

good words from howdy!

If you are going to do it again - committ 100% this time and dont let anything or anyone stop you from following LT 100%...

YOU CAN DO IT!

X

I agree with howdy-doody - who's here to judge? I did a family bbq here yesterday - didn't touch a damn tasty morsel all day until I came across some haloumi - had a quick chew - spat it out and rinsed with water and felt much better!!!

Sorry SBR, I don't mean to be harsh but this diet only works if you stick to it. I personally don't have £36 a week to waste and that's what keeps me on the straight and narrow.

If you aren't going to tell your family then avoid them. If you can't then tell them. What is more important to you, losing weight or what they think?

I was at a bbq yesterday where there were all my favs including toffee cheesecake, something I am very fond of, but all I had the whole time was water. The closest I came to food was holding my youngests chicken drumstick while she took a photo of her friend and the birthday cake.

If you want to see results then you must not eat anything else other than the shakes/soup/flapjacks. This diet relies on your body being in ketosis so the fat stores are used for energy, if you eat then the body uses the energy in the food first.

Now put that behind you and start again, only this time stick to it! Come on here if you feel unable to cope before you do anything silly and someone will be here to help you. PM me if you want to.

All the best.

x

hi, i was worried about telling people and even apologised for it a few times but at the end of the day, it's what works for you and if this is it then to hell with everyone else....

the way i saw it is would everyone prefer me to stay fat and unhappy or do something about it, however drastic and be the person i want to be...

stay focused and do what makes you happy, that's what matters....

anyone who truly cares for you will support whatever decision you make.

x

Sorry SBR, I don't mean to be harsh but this diet only works if you stick to it. I personally don't have £36 a week to waste and that's what keeps me on the straight and narrow.

If you aren't going to tell your family then avoid them. If you can't then tell them. What is more important to you, losing weight or what they think?

I was at a bbq yesterday where there were all my favs including toffee cheesecake, something I am very fond of, but all I had the whole time was water. The closest I came to food was holding my youngests chicken drumstick while she took a photo of her friend and the birthday cake.

If you want to see results then you must not eat anything else other than the shakes/soup/flapjacks. This diet relies on your body being in ketosis so the fat stores are used for energy, if you eat then the body uses the energy in the food first.

Now put that behind you and start again, only this time stick to it! Come on here if you feel unable to cope before you do anything silly and someone will be here to help you. PM me if you want to.

All the best.

x

but i aready know all of that and recognise i have done wrong. Avoid my family? i travel round the world on a weekl basis with work and barely see my family for months on end so when it comes to it i will spend as much time with them as possible.

Today i didnt even want to eat i just did cos i didnt wan people asking questions etc. My family alk a lot about weight and we know people close to our family that have suffered from bad eating disorders- one very badly from anorexia so i just dont want m family worryng unessesarily.

The questions i was asking was how long to get back into ketosis etc and will i prob gain weight this week?

i don't think anyone is saying to avoid your family, just try and reassure them it's safe and what you want to do, that way you don't have to worry about it happening again....

maybe another 5 days ish for ketosis and maybe if you'd lost a bit before you ate, you might be ok, you might just even out...

xx

Hey Hun,
It Usually Takes About 3 Days To Get Back Into Ketosis,just Drink As Much Water As You Can Handle To Limit The Damage Done,you Probably Will Have A Gain This Week,but You Seem In Control And Back On The Straight N Narrow!!!
Good Luck
Elaine X

good luck - i know u will be flying again in a few days time - at least u enjoyed ur last feast with your family - so now u can really go for it!

sending lots of ketones your way very quickly

julz
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Back