Total Solution I know I can do this, its all in my head!

emuze

I am a newbie and after spending several weeks looking on this site, it seems a good idea to start a diary. There is a lot of support on here and I wanted to take advantage of that.

Monday is my start day and I am expecting a tough week. I have a lot of weight to lose as over the years I am simply a compulsive eater, I can eat extraordinary amounts until I cant move. This has to stop, I have a wife and 2 children who love me and I want to have a ,long and healthy life and this wont happen in my current condition.

About 6 weeks ago, I stopped smoking after 20 years and I have been surprised about easy this has been.

Now I think I can be mentally tough enough to take on the biggest challenge of my life.

My son has just started to play football at the age of 4 and when we play he wants to know why I don't/can't run. When I tried, he laughed (not nastily, he is only 4) and it upset me a bit. So that was the kick up the backside I needed.

My wife thinks this diet is too much and is worried it will have a negative effect on my health, but I have explained some of the succes stories and the side effects of the first few weeks are only temporary.

If you pop in you will learn more about me over the coming months.

Well done for taking the first step emuze. Im not going to tell you its easy but it does get easier after the first week or so but the results are amazing!

best wishes for your first week. im on day 5 myself and while its been tough at times, im kind of enjoying the challenge! keep your eyes on the prize ;)

I know it wont be easy but I am focused. I am having a bit of a blow out tomorrow to get ready!

welcome enuze, you have made a good decision and after the first week thing do get easier ,I am halfway through week 2 and loving it!! I only wish I had descovered exante sooner.

Good luck with your journey x

As long as you are mentally ready for this diet, it is the easiest diet you will ever do. Don't get me wrong the first week isn't fun and takes alot of willpower. But when times are difficult just remember why you chose this diet in the first place, for some the only way to lose weight is to remove food from the equation entirely. And if this is you then this diet can and will work for you.
I'm also slightly jealous as men lose far quicker on this than women so i'm looking forward to your losses with a bit of the green eyed monster.

Hello & welcome to the forum. xxxx

Welcome! There is lots of support on here. You def need it on the tough days. Keep with it, looking forward to read your results!

Hiya, welcome and good luck with your Exante journey. :hug99: xx

Like everyone has said, once you've got through the first 4-7 days it truly does get easier.

Stay positive, motivated (remember you're doing this for a better quality of life for you and your family) and drink your water.

Trust me, in 2+ weeks you'll be wishing you'd heard of Exante years ago. I do! :)

Welcome, good luck, it's tough at times but the weightloss reward is SOOOOOO worth it, plus the gals on here are 100% AMAZING!!!!
Keep us up to date.
:D

Well the first day is almost over and it has actually gone much better than I expected. There was lots and lots of temptation throughout the day.

I had strawberry shake for breakfast at about 8am, this was fine. I had bar for lunh and was also nice but I do like nuts and stuff. However, I was on a course in work today and lunch is provided. Sandwiches, wraps, pies, crisp and cake. I had to leave whilst everyone else ate.

I have done OK with the water about 4 litres in total.

For tea I have had the mushroom soup. Again fine by me. Had to do the kids tea as wife was at work. This was tough, I had a shower whilst they ate.

As I type this I am approaching the toughest part of the day. Post 9pm when I lounge in front of the TV and normally stuff my face with crisp, chocolate, biscuits and maybe a sandwich. I can feel myself getting drawn to the kitchen. Is there anything at all safe to eat to get me through this first night?

My wife will be here for the rest of the week and she will stop me. This is part of my problem, I just have no self control. I dont even feel that hungry really, it is just a matter of breaking the habit.

Side effects, I had a mild headache this afternnon but cleared soon after but I have had a bit of heart burn this afternoon, does anyone else suffer from this on the diet?

Hi Emuze, if you are mad hungry the first few days there is no point in suffering the torture, have a boiled egg, some chicken or a small tin of tuna. The hunger is pretty bad the first few days, ( or weeks in my case) but eventually it goes and thats when you start to realise that a lot of the time we eat it's our heads that are hungry and not our tummies!!

I started on Exante but moved to S & S because I really needed to have something around 9pm, I am up very early in the morning and found that having just 3 packs over an 18 hour day was just too hard. Splitting the shake and making them into hot coffees is a good way to keep something back for later in the evenings if thats your weak point though.

Loads of support on here and people who care, good luck xx

OK Thanks

I actually had about 100g of boiled ham and went to bed to watch DVD.

Just had banana milkshake. Not bad and I dont even like banana.

Will having little nibbles like ham chicken or tuna effect waste loss much in the first week?
It looks like it was roughly 1cal per gram.

My heartburn has settled down this morning as well.

Course again today so the big test at lunchtime.

Does anybody have any suggestions about what to do when eating out? I have booked a caravan for 4 days next week and want to stick to TS. However, the wife and kids will probably want to eat out at least a couple of nights. CAn I really just sit there and drink water? I expext they wont have coke zero, not many places do. What do you suggest?

Well done on sticking to the ham, the only thing you have to be careful of with ham is the fat content, although it won't affect your ketosis.

Having nibbles is a double edged sword, if you have them can you stop at nibbles?? Or will it turn into something else? Having a small bit of protein really won't affect your losses too much, in fact some here say it gives them a boost and they get better losses.

On the eating out subject again this is hard because when you are so early on in the plan it can be very testing as you will probably still be feeling hungry and getting used to life without food for a while. You could of course do WS when you are away which opens the door to a green chicken salad. The losses on WS don't seem to be far behind TS from what I've read on here although Starlight might have better info on that one for you. The big question is really can you stick to allowed meals and not go off plan, you know yourself better than anyone so it's up to you really.

Lots of people go to the pub and out with friends for food and either bring their bar with them or sip their water all night, personally thats not for me and I just either go all in, or not at all.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

If you try to stick to salads or meat and green veg you should be fine when your out. You could still take your packs for the day so you only have 1 meal out each day. I hope you have a nice time. :)

I haven't been doing it long enough to help with the food question, but maybe do a working solutions week whilst you are away? I drink soda water when I go out. Have a good break and Good Luck!

well day 3 and still not too bad, a bit more ham last night just to get me through but so far I can not have any great complaints.

I have a question, is it possible I could be in kietosis after only 2 full days? I woke up this morning with a strange taste in my mouth

Back