I know im a a pain but...

joshuasmummy

Is there any low carb friendly breakfast cereals that you can buy and also ready meals/snacks
I was wondering if I was stranded in town etc what I could buy
Also I cannot find any referance to milk at all. Im now officially weaning myself off diet pepsi and have been having tea with a sweetner plus semi milk is this ok
I think I should also buy a muli vitamin is there any in particular you can have?
As ive read it you can have 20g carbs a day and you can find the info on carbs on per unit or 100g of packaging so as long as I still to 20g a day I should be ok?
If I post up today later what ive eaten would someone please give me feedback
and yes im a massive pain in the bum but with CD everything just put in front of you
Also if I do have to go to a friends for dinner and go over my carbs for the day what will happen? will I just not loose as much that week?
How important is exercise?
Thanks again

You're not being a pain. We all ask lots of questions too, so ask as many as you want.

I will let Jim or someone else with Atkins knowledge to answer the cereal, milk etc questions.

On the vitamins, the Neris & India's Idiot Proof Book says to take a good multivitamin without iron. Apparently too much iron can make you constipated. I got a multivit without iron in Tesco, but you can buy more espensive ones in health food stores, which I think are easier to absorb. They also say to take Vit B complex and Vit C if you smoke. These are the basic ones.

Sorry I wasn't clear. B6 complex is for everyone. It was only vit C if you smoke.

Oh I forgot to say they recommend Fish Oil also, but I don't take that at the moment as my packs have everything I need right now.

ok guys heres what ive eaten today. You may guess I have a sweet tooth and adore lettuce. I couldnt really have it on CD so have probabily gone ott
Please be honest with me
3g of carbs via sugar free jelly
4 mini babybells
1 whole lettice (yes I said whole)
1 large chicken breast
4 table spoons of the 1% carbs ceasrer dressing (cardinis)
8 cups on teas with ss milk (im thinking ive got to majorilly cut down the milk)
1L plain water
and im one stuffed lady

ok guys heres what ive eaten today. You may guess I have a sweet tooth and adore lettuce. I couldnt really have it on CD so have probabily gone ott
Please be honest with me
3g of carbs via sugar free jelly
4 mini babybells
1 whole lettice (yes I said whole)
1 large chicken breast
4 table spoons of the 1% carbs ceasrer dressing (cardinis)
8 cups on teas with ss milk (im thinking ive got to majorilly cut down the milk)
1L plain water
and im one stuffed lady

hi there , right milk is a big nono on atkins as its quite high in carbs , what i do is mix a little cream with water and leave it in the fridge , quite ok really in both tea and coffee.
lettuce is about 2 gr carbs per 100g so for a whole lettuce you are probably looking at about 10 -15 gr per head depending on its weight.
the dressing is great so low carb its practically without carbs per tbsp (think its 1.5 per 100ml.
baby bells are great as a ready snack and hardly any carbs at all dep on which one you have, try to not have too much cheese as it can stall some , but you do need the fat so its best to see how you get along.
the sugar free jelly is one of my favs but i have to watch as i stall so easily and dont know what is a prob for me (sweetner can be a culprit)
tea should really be decaf although most have no prob with it.

right :D so not all bad then :D:D:D
i would suggest more protein and fat as you really need them both for low carb to work effectively .
have a look at the what are we eating thread for an idea of what we all eat , as i said everyone is different and you need to tweak the extras such as jelly and bars ect to a level that works for you .
hope this random ramble helps xxx
sue xxx
oh and welcome to the nut house :0)

more help again please guys
when reading a label on some sausages it said carbs per 100g and then carbs on which sugers which one do I look at

carbs per 100g hun ,the sugars just make up part of the total carbs

Is there any low carb friendly breakfast cereals that you can buy and also ready meals/snacks

Sukie and Sarah have pretty much answered that.

I don't know of any low carb cereal I'm afraid, they are all grains or nuts so by definition they are carby.

For snacks or quick meals on the run I'd go for pepperoni sticks and pork scratchings. Tesco do some very low carb mini meat balls I've seen.

Hi there,
If I am stranded in town I tend to buy
cooked chicken from deli counters or the GRABIT sticks,
mini snack packs of prawns with marierose dipping sauce,
pepperami or polish kabanos sausage
Coleslaw but only if its low carb,
packet of cold meat
pork scratchings or pork crunch
hope this helps
peachy
x

I can't remember Sukie love, but they are over by the pepperoni's and pork pies and stuff.

I can't remember Sukie love, but they are over by the pepperoni's and pork pies and stuff.
thanks jim ill have a nosey
x

There is also something called bacon bites I think? That seemed to be quite low carb as well.

You need to really check the carb counts of everything you buy. I don't know about the matteson's, but Tesco do a Toulouse sausage that is 100% meat. These are very low carb.

If I am stranded in town and need something to eat I tend to go for the following.. find a boots and get an atkins bar.. find a mcd's or burger king, order a double cheeseburger type thing w/ no ketchup and then eat just the burgers/cheese/onions.. leave the bun. You do get some odd looks though. lol. xx

Back