I know I'm a newbie, but anyone online to help? personel?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by mastiffmum, 4 January 2011 Social URL.

1. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi,

I know I'm a newbie and I don't know anyone on here, but I REALLY REALLY need to talk to someone outside of my family with a really big problem I have with my teenage daughter.

Mastiffmum (Kim)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

Why don't you share what the problem is?

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    You don't have enough posts to pm anyone

Irene xx

5. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd offer an ear but general concensus is that I'd be no good as a parent because I'm of the "old school" "spare the rod and spoil the child" method...

CatCrazy likes this.
  6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
  7. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Let us know & we'll try give u help/advice. U can't email any of us or we can't email u as u need 50 posts to do that x

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Personally I think its a shame more people arent like that. Bet we wouldnt see a lot of the problems we do at work x

9. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well, here goes......my daughter has taken my debit card on several occasions and withdrawn money from mine & my husbands account, she has also taken it to the supermarket and bought goods and got cash back. I'm talking a few hundred pounds in the last two months. Me & hubby were made redundant on the same day, a few months ago, he is now working, but I'm not and things are VERY tight and she is aware of that. She has always been rebelious and caused me no end of grief in the last five years and I am now at the end of my tether. She is visiting her girlfriend 200 miles away at the moment and was supposed to come home on sunday but has not appeared because she knows I have found out what she has been up to. Do I call the police? I feel that I have no other choice as we don't know where the money is coming from to pay our mortgage this month. She has constantly lied and stolen from us for years but I have now had enough, she is ole enough to know better as she is almost 19.

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    First thing Id do is change your pin number she cant access anything without it. How did she get your pin number?

11. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah, shop her in and tell your card company that it was stolen.. you may be able to get the cash back..

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If they know its a child of the owner who has the card AND knows the pin its highly unlikely youll be able to press charges or get the money back :(

13. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    OMG thats not good, is she working? Can u make her pay it back?

Change ur pin numbers & make sure your cards are somewhere she can't find them.

As for how to deal with her I'm not sure...i've just got small babies. Can u make her sell some of her stuff on ebay to give u back ur money. I don't think its good to phone the police as she'll get a criminal record & if she isn't working will find it hard to get a job.

Sorry can't help more but I'm sure someone else can xx

14. rowanx2

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    I know someone who something similar happened to them and they ended up selling their sons x box and stuff. Does she have anything you can sell to try and get some money from?
    I couldnt personally go to the police if it was my daughter.
    You could threaten it though.
    Does she work? can she pay you back in installments?

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I bet thats far more an effective punishment/deterrent too - hit them where it hurts most

16. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    She got my pin number by watching me in the supermarket on many occasions.......I have now changed passwords online for various things, including ebay and paypal and I do not trust her to go on a spending spree now she knows that I know what she has been up to. The worst things are that she paid for my husbands birthday pressie on our joint card and she also withdrew money on our account when we were having a 'mother and daughter' shopping trip in town, she was supposedly having a ciggie outside but was actually taking money out of our account. She had taken the card out of my purse in the morning and I thought I had left it at home

17. rowanx2

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Does she have depression? Was it just out of character to change at 14?
    Those years can be quite hard and she might just turn into the best daughter in the world in a few years time!
    I think maybe something is going on for her to do that that you need ot get to the bottom of, like the taking card is just a symptom
    ((hugs)) xxxxxx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    She has absolutely nothing I can sell. How can I have her living back here when I will never trust her? We have had locks on our bedroon door and larder for almost 6 years due to her thieving

20. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Threaten her with the police if she won't come home & tell her if she doesn't come up with a way of paying u back ur selling her things.

21. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In that case you COULD have her charged but dont do anything like that til youre sure its a road you want to go down, once youve reported it then thats it, the matter is pretty much out your hands.

22. mastiffmum

mastiffmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    we had 18 months of therapy when she was 13/14! nothing has changed. She's a very self centered, selfish person, I hate to say this about my own daughter, but it's true

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.