I know its silly but...

MummyEm

Slowly but surely!
... It was my 2nd weigh in today and I should be happy I lost 2lbs but I worked so much harder than last week, been aquatone twice and gym twice, and last week did nothing and lost 4! Why am I so depressed about this?!?

What is everyones average weight loss a week?

You're depressed about it because you want it to go quicker and that is just our nature when we are on a diet. You will get there and you must remember it is better to lose it slowly as it is more likely to stay off when you have finished your diet.

Anyway congratulations on your loss this week and so far. Six pounds in two weeks is fantastic.

FF

6 pounds is great you should be really pleased, everyone is different but normally average around 1 to 3 pound a week, I'm slower at the one end but it's coming off not going on so I'm happy with that. The first week Is always more.
Good luck and keep posting x

As Ugg said, the first week usually everyone loses a bit more, as you're body gets rid of excess glucogen and retained waters.

6lbs in 2 weeks is great though, well done! :)
Think of it this way; at 6lbs a fortnight, by Chirstmas, you'll have lost over a stone already! :D

Regardless of what diet you do you will ALWAYS lose more in the first week.

Congrats on the 6lb loss! That is a great achievement. Its so disheartening when you work really hard and you don't see that reflected on the scales but each lb loss is 3500 calories you've burned off. So 2lb means you've rid yourself of 7000 calories and that is a massive effort!

Wow didn't know that RachelM thanks, that's the equivalent of 6-7 days food (now) and about two days (before sf!)

So if i went to the gym and burned off 3500 cals i'd lose a lb? not that i would do that of course just interested to know, as when i go i look at the cals burned and don't ever related them to anything

Thanks
missal x

yep if you exercised on an empty stomach (which is not a good idea lol) and burned 3500cals you would burn 1lb of fat. I only ever manage 600 in one go at most and thats with eating about an hour beforehand! Also though, exercising boosts your metabolism, I don't know how this works but you burn more calories for 8hrs after a cardio workout than you would if you did no exercise.

Back