I know this has been done to death but..........

Ms R

I need some help please. I am still suffering with chronic constipation and I have used Microlax which does work immediately but only, I feel, at the bottom end of the cycle. I am still left feeling bloated and in pain further up the body so I don't feel that this treats the whole area but just the final part. I have also used Dulcolax but I get a lot of pain when I use that, I normally take 1 which has not much effect and if I take 2 which has a great effect, I am in lots and lots of pain.

I was thinking of something like Movicol but not sure if this is allowed. Anybody know the answer to this or have another suggestion? I have upped my water intake as during these very cold days, I'm finding it difficult to get my 3 - 4 litres of water down me but I'm trying my best.

Thanks in anticipation.

I need some help please. I am still suffering with chronic constipation and I have used Microlax which does work immediately but only, I feel, at the bottom end of the cycle. I am still left feeling bloated and in pain further up the body so I don't feel that this treats the whole area but just the final part. I have also used Dulcolax but I get a lot of pain when I use that, I normally take 1 which has not much effect and if I take 2 which has a great effect, I am in lots and lots of pain.

I was thinking of something like Movicol but not sure if this is allowed. Anybody know the answer to this or have another suggestion? I have upped my water intake as during these very cold days, I'm finding it difficult to get my 3 - 4 litres of water down me but I'm trying my best.

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi Ms R, I phoned the helpline when I wanted to know if it was OK to take Dulcoease and got an instant answer. Dulcoease is not a laxative,but a softener,maybe you could take them and 1 dulcolax.But please check you can take them together if you do do that as I only take Dulcoease.I find after a couple of days they work like a laxative and I get no pain,but it is not a instant result.Hope you get sorted soon.x

Anks ladies for your responses. I thik I'll have to phone Lipotrim tomorrow, will let you know how I get on.

Sorry Ms R I have no advice at all I can give you. Hope you get some joy from Lipotrim today. I have phoned them before and always found them very helpful.

Mrs R, have u tried psyllium husk? Sold at Holland & Barrett. Not an instant resolution but taken twice daily everyday should keep things moving. I swear by them! Good luck, it's an awful feeling :-( x

Thanks in anticipation.

hi i use Dulcolax i take 2/3 at night with a glass of water
i do this about twice a month no mater what
and i find it really works
I only use 3 if i have had no luck over the last 2 weeks then I need to stay in the next morning but by lunch time all is well
hope this helps :)

I find that Dulcolax doesn't kick in for me until the day after i've taken it. How long do you wait before trying 2 Dulcolax? Perhaps take one and wait a day or so, i can imagine taking 2 would be too strong.
:)

I find that Dulcolax doesn't kick in for me until the day after i've taken it. How long do you wait before trying 2 Dulcolax? Perhaps take one and wait a day or so, i can imagine taking 2 would be too strong.
:)

i dont find 1 ever works the next day... thats why i always take the 2 and i do make sure i can stay at home the next morning :)
i always make sure i drink plenty of water that morning ..............

Do you find that you experience pains Rita from taking 2?

Ms R i hope you find relief soon i know what it is like to be horribly constipated. Good luck

Thank you to everybody for your posts and suggestions. I think I've identified why I'm having such problems. WATER!!!! ....lack of it!!!

Since the weather has changed for the colder, I've really struggled to take on sufficient water each day and that has had such a bad effect on me. I've made a conscious effort this last week to drink...drink......drink and touch wood, it's done the trick although it's still not the easiest task for me to perform!!!

I've been rubbish again with my water the last 2 days however so I'm back on a mission today to get at least 4 litres down me because I'm only storing up trouble for myself if I don't!!

Thanks again to you all.

Thank you to everybody for your posts and suggestions. I think I've identified why I'm having such problems. WATER!!!! ....lack of it!!!

Since the weather has changed for the colder, I've really struggled to take on sufficient water each day and that has had such a bad effect on me. I've made a conscious effort this last week to drink...drink......drink and touch wood, it's done the trick although it's still not the easiest task for me to perform!!!

I've been rubbish again with my water the last 2 days however so I'm back on a mission today to get at least 4 litres down me because I'm only storing up trouble for myself if I don't!!

Thanks again to you all.

I find drinking cold water hard as well when it is this cold outside, so I drink a lot of herbal teas to kepp the fluid intake at min 2l a day. Try nettle tea its really good for you x

I only drink peppermint tea & I have around 6 big mugs of that a day in addition to the water. I find weekdays in work far easier than weekends, probably due to the routine in work and others making drinks too.

I agree, the more free time I have on hand - the more I think about food. Even if I'm not hungry.

If it helps anybody at all, I've now posted my 4 weekly progress pictures in the inspirational pictures forum of Lipotrim.

Back