I know this sounds daft but ....

Now this might sound bizarre but one difference I noticed after I lost the first couple of stone was - I like pink! I know it sounds crazy but when I was at my biggest I never wore pink as I didn't want to look like a huge bag of candy floss, and at the size I was I didn't really feel very girly! When I started to lose a significant amount of weight and my figure started to make an appearance I developed a liking for pink!

I can understand that. The first place I noticed weight going from was the back of my hands. As the tendons have become more obvious - well, to me anyway! - I've started wearing blue and green nail polish and will be getting some yellow today! My 10 year old boy keeps hissing 'mum, you're FOURTY!!' at me when I buy things like that

Oh yeah... the chairs in the meeting rooms at work. I always made a beeline for the ones without arms as I couldn't sit in them without squeezing my butt through the inadquate space between the arms and then would have to sit squished and uncomfortable through the whole meeting (and hope when I stood up the chair didn't come with me!!!). Now I fit in the chairs with arms! Bliss!!! :D

I know what you all mean about odd little things! I've got my hair up today for the first time in ages as the little bit of flab on my neck has gone. The bit I call my "cake gut" is receding too - which is handy as I haven't actually bothered weighing myself! My ticker is from last year when I had a half-hearted attempt at SW online. Our scales are so old and wrong anyway though, I don't actually know how much I weigh, as 10st 10lb on ours was 10st 3lb at the doctor and 10st 1lb at the gym so I've decided I don't care anyway and am just going by how I feel! My goals are to do with eating well and exercising rather than being a specific weight or size, though I would like to be a size 8 by the end of summer.

Just on the topic of fingers - please, be very careful with your rings. I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and one day was horrified to realise that my granny's wedding ring that I always wear had dropped off as it was now too big (fortunately I had been at home all day and found it in the house). If you notice your rings getting loose, please wear them on a chain or sew some cotton wool on the back until you can get to a jeweller's.

LOL This is what I love about this site.. People write exactly what others are thinking but feel a little shy to write it themselves, it's great, I love it!!

I cannot wait to cross my legs too without it being a struggle or dependant on what chair I'm sat on.

That is great news! It's the little things that keep us all going to get to our target. I've noticed that my rings are getting slacker as the weeks go on. Will be happy when I can properly cross my legs lol

I cant wait to be able to put my socks on without dying through lack of breath. Every time I do I always end up panting as there is something coming between me and my feet........cant think of what it is.:D:D

Well done everyone on all your litte achievements.:)

I was amazed when I went to scratch an itch at the base of my back, just above my bum... The roll of flab that used to be there had gone! I'd not realised! Amazing!

Also now don't mind waiting in the queue at our work canteen - we've got mirrored window coverings, and I confused myself when I saw my reflection the other week, cos my boobs were further out than my cheese-baby belly (I'm not preggers, I just eat lots of cheese, but now it's controlled in Healthy Extras!)!!!

Simple things! Hehe x

hahaha i know what you mean about "chairs with arms" last june i was 17 stone 5 and went on holiday to spain.... all the chairs in the complex were those cheap patio plastic ones and by the end of the holiday i had bruises from where they dug in me... at one point i didnt even wanna sit down in one cos it hurt lol so i cant wait to go on holiday in may if i get to my mini goal it will mean im 3.5 stone lighter and should have no problem with chairs hahahahahaha CANT WAIT !!!!!

LOL! Feels good doesn't it. I was sat at my mates house having a coffee and said OMG! she panicked and said what.. I said.. look my legs are crossed. She looked at me blank. I'd not been able to do that for years. LOL

I've noticed that I've now got pointy elbows instead of round flabby ones, and I noticed my ankles are looking a bit skinny compared to the rest of me LOL.

Don't wear your fingers out crossing and uncrossing them LOL that made me laugh

This thread is hilarious!, things I have noticed:

I have to take my rings off when I go for a run now as they twizzle round all the time and irritate me
I can wear jeans that don't have lycra in them again
I can feel my ribs again
I can feel my hip bones again
No longer have muffin top
My boobs don't ache anymore when I take my bra off before bed

I could go on and on and on

Back