I know we dont cal count but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
teacherpiggy said:
I agree, I don't see why people would comment, if you don't find it helpful, just ignore it!

People comment cos it's on a forum!!!! and in my opinion the wrong one!!! and I won't ignore it because it has no relevance to the SW eating plan and some new people might find it confusing!!!

My last post on this also!!!

Don't people get shitty. They ruien it for everyone else. It was purely a piece of information someone wanted to share if you don't like what you read you don't need to rip them apart for it. Have a bit of respect please. Your not forced to read every post x

Thanks for the info Nomes! I read the article in the paper saying the same thing the other day .....

I am doing slimming world and contrary to popular belief the article hasn't confused me!

Maybe cupcake needs to contact the daily mail and get them to delete the article offline, just incase any slimming world dieters read it and they can't cope with the content!! Their heads might explode!!

Honestly, some people!!

X

Hey onion breath- love your name!! I thought it was an interesting article- explains why when I don't stay on plan but eat like others I put on crazy amounts very quickly.

I find some people get defensive over diets- we are all in the same boat after all!!

Thanks for your response xxx

Lol yeah gettingfit! ....... Ssshhhhhhh!!

X

Lol ladies I've been suffering with excruciating pain last two nights and this has actually cheered me up ;)

onionbreath said:
Thanks for the info Nomes! I read the article in the paper saying the same thing the other day .....

I am doing slimming world and contrary to popular belief the article hasn't confused me!

Maybe cupcake needs to contact the daily mail and get them to delete the article offline, just incase any slimming world dieters read it and they can't cope with the content!! Their heads might explode!!

Honestly, some people!!

X

Thats a bit out of order! Its a public forum, people are entitled to their opinions! I also agree it shouldn't be in the sw sub forum-possibly in the off topic if at all

Well I would suggest that cupcakes post was hardly 'friendly' but hey ho!

Onwards and upwards!

As someone who lost weight on sw and then tried to maintain on SW but didn't find it workable I think it might be useful to maintainers to help get their head round their situation and for people who are hoping to get to target and then to maintain.
Perhaps if people are finding it offensive in the sw main board it would be better in the off topic?

I am following ww currently but often post in the sw area myself

*Emsie* said:
As someone who lost weight on sw and then tried to maintain on SW but didn't find it workable I think it might be useful to maintainers to help get their head round their situation and for people who are hoping to get to target and then to maintain.
Perhaps if people are finding it offensive in the sw main board it would be better in the off topic?

I am following ww currently but often post in the sw area myself

Yeah so do I! Which is why I also suggested off topic might be a better place

gettingfit said:
Slimming World Diet

Created by a British company, the Slimming World diet is run by a weight loss organisation that runs over 5,000 weight loss classes across the UK every week. Our diet plan review explains how the Slimming World diet, also known as "food optimising", works.

The Slimming World diet is a calorie-restricted programme that includes in its diet meal plans and recipes many foods known as "free foods" which participants can eat as much of as they like. In addition, you are allowed four portions a day of higher calorie foods, or "healthy extras", which also provide plenty of fibre, vitamins and minerals. The Slimming World diet Food Optimising plan also divides days into "red" and "green" days.

We still don't count cals doing sw! Which I think is the point alot of people are trying to make! The Food Optimising plan does it all for you!!!

Slimming World Diet

Created by a British company, the Slimming World diet is run by a weight loss organisation that runs over 5,000 weight loss classes across the UK every week. Our diet plan review explains how the Slimming World diet, also known as "food optimising", works.

The Slimming World diet is a calorie-restricted programme that includes in its diet meal plans and recipes many foods known as "free foods" which participants can eat as much of as they like. In addition, you are allowed four portions a day of higher calorie foods, or "healthy extras", which also provide plenty of fibre, vitamins and minerals. The Slimming World diet Food Optimising plan also divides days into "red" and "green" days.
Thats not the official sw description of the plan though is it?

We still don't count cals doing sw! Which I think is the point alot of people are trying to make! The Food Optimising plan does it all for you!!!
Where does anybody say in this thread that anyone should count cals? The article may refer to cal counting but it could be ueful to maintainers who wonder why they can't eat the same as other people who seem to be able to eat what they like.
It seems strange that people who have lost weight would need to eat less when trying to maintain than non dieters

welshtigger, if the whole concept of the diet is based on calorie counting ...... Albeit counted by sw and not us ....... How can Nomes original post be off topic????? I think it adds to the overall understanding of the diet :)

Oh my goodness- why don't you ask me what diet I'm doing? I'm following slimming world .

Easy eh?

I can't believe that an interesting article could cause such fighting.

Yes people are entitled to air their opinion but perhaps whenever it gets personal it should be left.

I see plenty of posts I think are really wrong but leave it as its not my opinion.

Maybe my op should be re read with the view of "perhaps the poster wants to bring an interesting idea to the forum and not insult others. She is losing weight successfully on sw and that's why she is here. Her mother talked about an idea and they had an intellectual conversation. Poster then thought she would share"

I read this article too. And as an ex CC now on SW it's a very interesting read. What it basically says is that if you have been on a successful diet you will NEVER be able to eat what you used too without gaining. How you measure that intake is irrelevant. Measure it in calories syns or propoints and it still means the same thing in principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back