I looked better fat

This is a great thread. I think sometimes when we see someone who has changed drastically since you last saw them, all tact goes out the window and you blurt out the first thing you think - it doesn't always come out the way you mean it to!
Plus, a lot of people associate weight with a happy personality - you're big, but bubbly.
For me, it's mostly facade. I don't like being big but that doen't stop me being friendly.
Maybe people think if you've changed physically then everything else has changed about you too. Yes, you've probably changed mentally and emotionally because you've changed the way you think about food and feel about yourself.
No offense Jim, but when that lady saw you, you were physically a 'lesser man' so maybe, unintentionally, she judged you based on that?

Hmmm, interesting, I may see her again this weekend as she has moved into our area, I'll have a chat and see what she was thinking.

I once read slim women never describe themselves as bubbly. I wonder how a fat (a spade is a spade) man describes himself.

Does that hold out much hope for us when we get to where we're going? I think I'll still be bubbly. Maybe it's that girls are bubbly and boys are jolly?

We all have pleasant personalities because we put up with a lot of c**p from patronizing 'healthy eaters.'

That described me to a T love. LOL. But I'm much slimmer and prettier now :bliss: :bliss:

Yep, We're a patient lot. Although I still don't suffer fools gladly!

Back