I love abstaining from food! Am i weird?

Hi Karen

Just seen your post and this is also a worry for me. You sound so much like I am and this I am frightened of when I finally come off the programme.

Our Counsellor said to us last week, now the weight is coming off and we are all getting nearer to our goal, the art of maintaining your weight is to think like a slim person does. I thought long and hard about this and I will probably find this very hard as Ive never been a beanpole and I can only think about filling my face!!!!

My portion size is gynormous too and rather than throw away say 3 new potatoes I would put them on my plate to.

It wouldn't bother me if I stayed on packs for the rest of my life with the occasional meal thrown in, Im so much in control and I don't have to think very hard about it.

No your not crazy Karen, I feel the same way girl.

Cheers Carolyne!! It's good to now we're not alone eh?? I have a love/hate relationship with food and i have a huge appetitie and once i start i absolutely cannot stop!!

If we want slimdom enough we can do it - i'm proud of myself for drawing a line in the sand and getting back to ss'ing after many attempts to get back under 10stone! I'm looking forward to doing the whole management program again too and hopefully will learn from my mistakes first time round!

Think like a slim person is difficult i agree! It's all about boundaries and control for me i just don't deal very well with choice!

That hit home with me yesterday when after my dinner which was quite satisfying i asked dh to get me a banana and he replies 'are you not still full from dinner?' and when i thought about it i was not hungry at all it was habit or boredom !!!

It's bloody hard isn't it? All I am trying to do is take one challenge at a time.

At the moment it is concentrating to sticking to the foods listed for my week and trying not to have protein more than once a day as per the guidelines for week 3.

Portion control and boredom eating still pose a big problem for me but I am aware of them and am slowing tackling each issue as it comes up.

One thing I do know is that even if I do successfully challenge a core belief on one occasion then that is go garauntee of doing so the next time round. Practice and time will increase the odds but these things come in their own time and in the meantime I am hanging on for the ride :eek:

Managing my weight is a process that can't be rushed...unfortunately :(

OOOOh this is so me,
i am trying to resist the temptation to jump back on the SSing waggon as i know eventually me and food are going to have to come to an agreement, I eat a healthy well balanced diet with occasional over indulgence and It DOES NOT MAKE ME HEAVEIR!!
Sounds fair to me , however to keep my side of the bargin I will choose to stop picking at other peoples food. when I am cooking and eating left overs, take a moderate amount of exercise and generally choose a healthy lifestyle!!!

this is a work in progress and I am choosing to try to lose a few lbs with food, as I know long term food packs, however safe they make me, however fast I can undo my naughtyness and however easy they make life are not a long term answer. they got me slim and I love them for that but i am trying hard to resist their magnetic pull!!

good luck to all thoses who are SSing , it is truely wonderful and i hope that when you stop ,you can get a handle on food, because we all know thats a whole new game!!

I got to my target weight on 1 May this year, managed quite well for the first two months then my binge monster emerged!! For the last few months i have been gaining and losing the same weight and it's very frustrating!!

I tried 3 x LL packs with a healthy meal at night for a while but still the yo yo'ing continued.

So yesterday (after putting on 9lbs in just over a week :eek: ) I decided enough was enough and went back on 4 x LL packs a day.

I lost five pounds in one day (glycogen stores i know), but i'm on day two now and i feel tremendous - totally in control. The feeling i had going to bed last night and waking up this morning knowing i'd been 100% perfect for the day was the best feeling ever!!!

Food is my enemy, i hate what it does to me, i'm a food addict and my portion control is scary!

I'm very happy now that i don't have to eat anymore and truly feel like an alchoholic on the wagon!!

I wish i could avoid food forever!! Does anyone else feel like this :confused:

Karen..think I'm in just the same place as you....

except that I haven't got to target yet!!

Still got a stone and a half to go (plus the last weeks gain!!)

When I've eaten too much I feel so crap with myself and wake up the next morning asking myself why I failed yet again!!!

Yesterday I was perfect.....life getting me down won't make me fail again..I hope!!

Amanda
xx

This thread has been very interesting reading. I have to say I haven't really "enjoyed" SSing and am looking forward to eating again BUT I am really going to try hard to put a lot of effort into cooking healthy LOW GI food.

If I truly had an "ideal" I would have a LL vanilla cappucino shake for breakfast, a LL soup for lunch and a regular meal in an evening. I want to cook for taste, flavour and texture - something I used to do when there was two of us rather than bulk, high carbs and easiness as I tended to opt for as a family.

But then I can't help feeling I am being really naive - a bit like my husband when he said that having a baby wouldn't change our lives (yeh right - famous last words and all that).

Flops, i did 3 LL packs and a healthy meal for a good few weeks and achieved great losses, however cos i can't control food very well i ended up bingeing and undoing my good work hence the yo yoing!

I want to get back to goal in the quickest possible sense and this is fastest way to do it and i just love love love this empty feeling - makes me feel slimmer than i actually am!

Hi Karion

I struggled with SW portions too, i lost between 1-2 pounds a week when i did it though! Would love to go back on that eventually but just can't see it happening after a vlcd. Any idea how much weight people put on in their first few weeks?? and does it stabilise after a while and then allow you to lose??

Well...I did WW no count for 3 weeks. I had been rushed into hospital on the blue light with an suspected heart attack. They then decided it was gallstones and I had heard it might be related to VLCDs. I came straight off CD until I could get the go ahead to go back on (which I did 3 weeks later).

To be honest, that time I did go careful with my portion size, and didn't cheat. I didn't lose anything, but was delighted as I expected to put on. So I guess the glycogen was filling up as I was losing.

So, you probably could call it a success and possibly I could have started losing again if I had needed to stick to it.

When I got the go ahead, I was straight back SSing. I had never wanted to use another diet to try and get me back to normal food. I wanted to wean back on properly.

I never wanted to be left with any 'what ifs'. If I had started putting weight back on, I wouldn't have known whether it was my fault because I didn't come off the diet correctly.

It was too important to me to do everything as instructed. After all, this was the first time I had actually got down to a sensible target. I couldn't blow it at that stage.

I need to pick out one other thing you said...hang on.....
Would love to go back on that eventually but just can't see it happening after a vlcd.

Your way of thinking bothers me :( There is no reason why you can't finish with LL when you're ready...do the refeeding part (as written) and then chose whatever way you want.

It's only your mind stopping you.

I can feel someone pushing the soapbox in my direction and a Karion Lecture coming on, so perhaps I ought to go read some other posts:p

But be afraid...be very afraid....I may be back :D :D

I'm not alone then!

I love SSing too and never want to have to eat real food again! I'm glad I'm not at target yet as I don't think I'll be very good at keeping my portion sizes small and I'm petrified I want to go back into my binge mode again! Very Scary stuff!!!!

I hope once I start my route to management that you guys will have lots of words of wisdom for me but in the meantime I'm enjoying my packs in development :D

I think its the fact that the temptation is removed, therefore making everything so much easier & more achievable. I feel scared about being allowed in the real world of food, can't see my life without packs! I'm on day 54 of LighterLife, I really enjoy my packs too!
Luv
Clare xxx

Flops, i did 3 LL packs and a healthy meal for a good few weeks and achieved great losses, however cos i can't control food very well i ended up bingeing and undoing my good work hence the yo yoing!

I want to get back to goal in the quickest possible sense and this is fastest way to do it and i just love love love this empty feeling - makes me feel slimmer than i actually am!

Hi Karen
How are you?Are you ok?
Hows your mouth now?
xc

Hi honey, i'm feeling great at the mo - see my dating thread ;o)

Re the diet, i did have lunch with Mr wonderful yesterday (parma ham and melon to start then a chicken and bacon salad for main). This then triggered a binge on my drive home and i ate chicken, crisps, biscuits, choc and a pork pie!!

Astoundingly i only put 2lbs on! I'm back to SS'ing now though!

Gum abcess has gone but have an appointment with a periodontist on 1 November to discuss my gum disease!

How are u doing???

Hi honey, i'm feeling great at the mo - see my dating thread ;o)

Re the diet, i did have lunch with Mr wonderful yesterday (parma ham and melon to start then a chicken and bacon salad for main). This then triggered a binge on my drive home and i ate chicken, crisps, biscuits, choc and a pork pie!!

Astoundingly i only put 2lbs on! I'm back to SS'ing now though!

Gum abcess has gone but have an appointment with a periodontist on 1 November to discuss my gum disease!

How are u doing???

I know i just read your dating POST so happy for you :D :D :D ,well done for re ssing :) you'll soon knock off that 2lbs xx
Im fine no hunger at all fab feeling isnt it :D I have a bad cold so glugging like mad.I lost 5lbs on Wednesdays weigh~in so thats a stone in 2 weeks :)
So pleased that your having a great happy time
xxc

I see food like medicine - only take what you need!

hi

this rings so many bells for me. I am week 10 of LL and love the fact I dont have to worry about food but I am picking all the time. I just know when I finish ll I will put the weight back on because Im not confident that I can control my eating yet. Even though I have proved to myself I dont need the amount of food I use to eat to survive.

One thing I will say though is Slimming world is a great diet but it gives you to much freedom with all the free food. If you have a problem with portion control it may not the diet for you. I found this I would eat a whole cooked chicken becauce i was allowed to or a whole bowl of pasta because again the diet said I could. My body didnt tell me when it was full. I gave up when the bowl was empty or I was feeling sick. I wasnt learning anything and the weight loss stopped. At least with Weight watchers you have to stick to the points and every thing is weighed. I didnt like that but it probably in the long run the better option for me.

Hope this makes sense

Back