I Love SW

kitty75

After chatting to various people on the SW diet, i finally decided to give it a go (doing by myself from home just with will power and minimums). I have PCOS and tried WW, low carb,dukan diet etc etc with either very slow or no weight loss which is one of the common side effects, and combine that with having to calculating points/weigh foods/avoid foods...the list goes on = a very grumpy and frustrated me :mad:
I had almost resided to the fact that this was meant to be my body shape and just live with it...
I have been doing slimming world for just under 3 weeks and have lost 8.5 Lbs :eek: This kind of loss on WW previously would have taken me about 3-4 months. And the massive thing is I DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN DIETING! I bl**dy love this diet and minimums!! :D
Just needed to get that off my chest and say a massive thanks to everyone who contributes to this fantastic website and encouraging people like me...I mean who knew that mushy pea curry would be so tasty!!!! :bighug:
Just hoping that the weight loss continues now and wasnt just a fluke the first few weeks :thankyou:

It's amazing isn't it! You feel like you have suddenly been let in on a big secret and want to shout it from the rooftops or tell overweight people on the bus lol.

Congratulations on your losses to date ... sounds like you are on your way to achieving your goals :)

Spread the good news, SW is a brilliant eating plan, lose weight, feel great and not permanently hungry!

It's amazing isn't it! You feel like you have suddenly been let in on a big secret and want to shout it from the rooftops or tell overweight people on the bus lol.

Congratulations on your losses to date ... sounds like you are on your way to achieving your goals :)

So true PatchworkPuss, and that literally is the case for me because I have not let on to any of my friends/collegues that I am doing "yet another" diet, I find the expectations of others too much and very deflating when they go on about "ONLY one pound loss" so doing it by my self with encouragement from my hubby and everyone here and Im finding thats enough :D

It really is a good plan. I lost all my weight with closer diets having said that. Had a tumuy tuck after maintaining for a year. But i since having my lovely flat tummy i mangaged to put a few pounds on and i just couldn't get back into closer, and muddled on for a year, trying to get back into. But after so many wonderful stories about sw here i am after 4 weigh ins 4 losses and just under 7lb off :) Keep up the great work

Welcome Kitty75 to SW, glad you like it, I must agree that I find it's the best one as you eat a lot, food you like, minimum weighing & the chance to eat "forbidden" food once in a while & still loose weight! Great bunch of friends, always willing to help.
I have now reached my Target and still enjoy my food as you can see by my recipes......
Pete

Welcome Kitty75 to SW, glad you like it, I must agree that I find it's the best one as you eat a lot, food you like, minimum weighing & the chance to eat "forbidden" food once in a while & still loose weight! Great bunch of friends, always willing to help.
I have now reached my Target and still enjoy my food as you can see by my recipes......
Pete

Thanks Pete, your recipe for magic porridge has changed brekkie for me forever :D x

another half a pound off which brings me to a total of 9 LBS in a month :)
Didnt think i would get any loss this week as have been out for a few meals and had a few sneaky red wines but tried to compensate on other days so i am soooooooooooo chuffed.
I have NEVER found losing weight so easy...I LOVE SW!!!!

i too love sw as it is normal food that you dont have to weigh and count. i love the fact that it has taught me how to cook instead of popping open a jar and pouring.

who knew it would be so fun - even my kids are healthier. i have a 17 year old who is extremely thin but she eats what we eat (now) and is slowly looking healthier, so not only is is benefitting me, it is also making my daughter a healthier kid too

LOVE IT

Tracy

i too love sw as it is normal food that you dont have to weigh and count. i love the fact that it has taught me how to cook instead of popping open a jar and pouring.

who knew it would be so fun - even my kids are healthier. i have a 17 year old who is extremely thin but she eats what we eat (now) and is slowly looking healthier, so not only is is benefitting me, it is also making my daughter a healthier kid too

LOVE IT

Tracy

Thanks Tracy, what amazes me is i have not really had to change much of what i used to eat just a few tweaks here and there and i am losing weight...really baffles my brain at how this diet is working :D:D:D
The big ugly tum tum is shrinking haha

After chatting to various people on the SW diet, i finally decided to give it a go (doing by myself from home just with will power and minimums). I have PCOS and tried WW, low carb,dukan diet etc etc with either very slow or no weight loss which is one of the common side effects, and combine that with having to calculating points/weigh foods/avoid foods...the list goes on = a very grumpy and frustrated me :mad:
I had almost resided to the fact that this was meant to be my body shape and just live with it...
I have been doing slimming world for just under 3 weeks and have lost 8.5 Lbs :eek: This kind of loss on WW previously would have taken me about 3-4 months. And the massive thing is I DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN DIETING! I bl**dy love this diet and minimums!! :D
Just needed to get that off my chest and say a massive thanks to everyone who contributes to this fantastic website and encouraging people like me...I mean who knew that mushy pea curry would be so tasty!!!! :bighug:
Just hoping that the weight loss continues now and wasnt just a fluke the first few weeks :thankyou:

That's why I love SW also. So, so easy.

I'm rejoining this week, but have been on the plan before and know it works and works very well!

Congrats on your loss :D x

I have PCOS too...and have slow weight loss whatever I do, but I am sticking with Slimming World, not inclined to give up cos I know it will work in the end even if its slow. Any other diet I try, i can't shift anything, so slow will do for me.

I have PCOS too...and have slow weight loss whatever I do, but I am sticking with Slimming World, not inclined to give up cos I know it will work in the end even if its slow. Any other diet I try, i can't shift anything, so slow will do for me.

Hi Ally89,
PCOS sucks doesn't it, to me even half a pound loss is a massive achievement and a step the right way...anything better than putting weight on!
I didn't actually expect this diet to work because many pcos advisers tell us to avoid carbs but i have been eating carbs everyday! Just hoping my body doesnt get too used to the diet and the weight loss stop.
Good luck hun :)

Hi Ally89,
PCOS sucks doesn't it, to me even half a pound loss is a massive achievement and a step the right way...anything better than putting weight on!
I didn't actually expect this diet to work because many pcos advisers tell us to avoid carbs but i have been eating carbs everyday! Just hoping my body doesnt get too used to the diet and the weight loss stop.
Good luck hun :)

It does suck, only reason I am losing weight is so I can get off the pill (gives me bad depressive moods but dr won't take me off it until i lose more weight). I've never been told to avoid any food to be honest, so just doing slimming world, i'm happy when i lose anything, its a slow process but hopefully get there in the end, I have weeks where i really struggle to shift any weight, but i stick to it and in the end might finally get within BMI range.

I have pcos too and have also failed on weightwatchers and cambridge diet.. Slimming world is fantastic I'm on my third week and I'm not bored or hungry yet!! :-D
Three cheers for slimming world xx

It does suck, only reason I am losing weight is so I can get off the pill (gives me bad depressive moods but dr won't take me off it until i lose more weight). I've never been told to avoid any food to be honest, so just doing slimming world, i'm happy when i lose anything, its a slow process but hopefully get there in the end, I have weeks where i really struggle to shift any weight, but i stick to it and in the end might finally get within BMI range.

Just goes to show docs dont have a clue about PCOS, my docs took me off the pill because i was overweight! Fingers crossed we on the right track now hun :)

@ littlelegs170411 Yayyyyyy x :grouphugg:

Just coming to end of week 9 on SW and still can't believe how much I am loving this diet...normally by now i am bored, hungry and frustrated at the lack of weight loss. I have been losing between half a pound to a pound a week which with my PCOS is an amazing achievement :) Even had a mini holiday and managed to STS!!! (First time in history!)
Still lots to go but 12 LBS gone of the lardy ass hehehhe, THANK YOU EVERYONE ON MINIMINS :grouphugg:

Back