I may have messed things up!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Tanya c, 18 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Tanya c

Tanya c Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hey all,
    Had my weigh in today and lost 5lb but couldn't resist some chicken legs that a friend had cooked. They had been boiled so the fat had been taken off but then put into batter and shallow fried
    I took the batter off and ate about 3 legs:(
    Have I thrown myself out of ketosis. If I have, how long will it take to get back?

Tanya xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Cant see why it would have put you out of ketosis, its protein after all!
    Well done on your weight loss x

4. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    if you just cook them in the oven next time , you can have chicken but not the fat , or the skin , its all the best bits that we are not allowed lol
    There is an amount of chicken you can have

5. Sack the Juggler

Sack the Juggler Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge sole source, but I admit to cheating ocassionally
    if its chicken and skin, then there should be hardly any carbs in there, so you're most likley still in ketosis, however, your body will probably try to use the energy from the chicken, rather than your own body fat, for a day, so at worst you will have slowed your weight loss.

I suspect these cravings will reduce after a while on the cambridge diet, they have for me, my wife has a few bowls of treats lying around the flat, full of chocolates and haribo, that she munches on of an evening, but I don't feel inclined to help myself to any, even if she's eating them right next to me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.