I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

haha can't you tell me and maths don't go together :p

those last few Mondays will fly past now - have you started making plans?
No hard and fast plans just sort of vague wishlist of house, garden, crafts, visiting friends, etc, etc. House and garden could fully occupy my time for the forseeable cos they've been so neglected for so long, but I plan to pace myself a bit and do stuff I really enjoy too. :D

Saying that I'll enjoy the garden once it's a bit more under control but tis a jungle atm as I didn't really get anything done in it last year cos it was wet every w/end and I was working the rest of the time. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

How are you getting on?

No hard and fast plans just sort of vague wishlist of house, garden, crafts, visiting friends, etc, etc. House and garden could fully occupy my time for the forseeable cos they've been so neglected for so long, but I plan to pace myself a bit and do stuff I really enjoy too. :D

Saying that I'll enjoy the garden once it's a bit more under control but tis a jungle atm as I didn't really get anything done in it last year cos it was wet every w/end and I was working the rest of the time. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

How are you getting on?
Its good that you have things in mind to fill your days - don't want to wake up after a couple of weeks depressed

As for the garden - the weather hardly inspires us to step outside does it lol! Luckily our garden is grassed and decking with just pots/baskets brightening it up - as the kids just ruined our beds (well that's my excuse and I am sticking to that one!), gonna hit our farmers shop at the end of the month for bedding plants can't wait to see fushias again

I'm doing well, v happy with my weight loss today xxx

That sounds like me! Its 2 cold todo owt so my back gardens a mess lol
My garden is way too big for anyone to cope with while working. Even if I had devoted every w/end (no matter what the weather) to it I think it would still have been a mess. Likely gonna take me all my time to just get it presentable. Will deffo be a work in progress. :D

Its good that you have things in mind to fill your days - don't want to wake up after a couple of weeks depressed

As for the garden - the weather hardly inspires us to step outside does it lol! Luckily our garden is grassed and decking with just pots/baskets brightening it up - as the kids just ruined our beds (well that's my excuse and I am sticking to that one!), gonna hit our farmers shop at the end of the month for bedding plants can't wait to see fushias again

I'm doing well, v happy with my weight loss today xxx
Wish my garden was low maintenance sometimes but at others I like that it's got so much in it. Even my lawns are more moss and weed than lawns so that will need a lot of work too. :D I love fuschias, one of my favourite flowers. :D

Fushias make me happy (I am a simple person) I love buying all the different varieties they are so beautiful

If we ever move my wish list would be a bigger garden (ours is v small hence the problem with kids and balls) and my garden would be bursting with colour all year round

I did plant some hedges and plants in my front garden years ago and my neighbours kids dug them up and stole them...charming!!! God I went mental - was a proper chav - knocked on everyone of their doors and told them exactly what I thought of them, their kids and their parenting skills - nobody has messed with me since and I earnt their respect - mental isn't it! Thankfully some have moved on and the kids have all grown up now

Fushias make me happy (I am a simple person) I love buying all the different varieties they are so beautiful

If we ever move my wish list would be a bigger garden (ours is v small hence the problem with kids and balls) and my garden would be bursting with colour all year round

I did plant some hedges and plants in my front garden years ago and my neighbours kids dug them up and stole them...charming!!! God I went mental - was a proper chav - knocked on everyone of their doors and told them exactly what I thought of them, their kids and their parenting skills - nobody has messed with me since and I earnt their respect - mental isn't it! Thankfully some have moved on and the kids have all grown up now
Neighbours sound delightful. :D I have trouble with my neighbours too but it's not due to kids usually. One side had an all night party when his parents were away and they nicked and smashed my solar lights and the other side have chickens that habitually scart and scrape anything I plant out of the soil, obviously the concept of containing them in their own garden is lost on them. I also regularly get home in the dark and get my shoes covered in hen pen while walking up my drive. So lovely taking that into the house unawares. Mind you those neighbours have the house up for sale atm so who knows what I'll have for neighbours after that. Hopefully they won't have chickens. :D

Gawd, that sound awful to have chickens roaming around - are there no fences or can they still get over> My garden is so so a the moment, not too messy but there is a corner that gathers all the crap that has been blowing around and all my recycling that has been blown from the buckets, no idea what will be there when get round to cleaning it out!! Our front grass is more moss but we are hoping in time to get fake grass. We have put hedges into the front but only last year so they are still babies but only want them about 3ft to match the neighbours wall. Our neighbours are great - attached to us the guy has a house in spain and is never here, when his son was in the house he was offshore, and TBH they dont seem like the type to complain and across the drive/fence are a really quiet young couple whom we barely see!! If anything it could be us causing the problems as OH plays the guitar and is quite deaf!!!

Looking forward to getting into the garden and get all my pots re-planted, my drive is like a wind tunnel and all have been ruined!!

Ah well - heres hoping for the better weather!!

Have a good day x

Gawd, that sound awful to have chickens roaming around - are there no fences or can they still get over> My garden is so so a the moment, not too messy but there is a corner that gathers all the crap that has been blowing around and all my recycling that has been blown from the buckets, no idea what will be there when get round to cleaning it out!! Our front grass is more moss but we are hoping in time to get fake grass. We have put hedges into the front but only last year so they are still babies but only want them about 3ft to match the neighbours wall. Our neighbours are great - attached to us the guy has a house in spain and is never here, when his son was in the house he was offshore, and TBH they dont seem like the type to complain and across the drive/fence are a really quiet young couple whom we barely see!! If anything it could be us causing the problems as OH plays the guitar and is quite deaf!!!

Looking forward to getting into the garden and get all my pots re-planted, my drive is like a wind tunnel and all have been ruined!!

Ah well - heres hoping for the better weather!!

Have a good day x
Oh dear don't get me started on the fence issue. The same delightful neighbour had problems with flooding on her driveway so got someone to hack through my fence (was a bit past it but still functional) and dig up part of my garden to see if my garden was the problem with the drainage. No by your leave or permission or anything and left it a complete write off. Sh1t on the top of the soil etc. I was less than impressed. Long story short when I got it put right the only obstruction in the drain was her son's football, which her contractor had failed to find. I really enjoyed taking it back to her and dropping it in her house (by accident of course) as it was sh1t coated too. I asked for the name of her contractor so I could ask for compensation but never got the required info.

She has never bothered to try to prevent her chickens from going everywhere as she doesn't have fences except for appearances at the front of her house and the chickens get let out of their roost at the back. Well that is when she has bothered to lock them up at night at all. She seems to regularly leave them out and then wonders why the fox has killed them. So much for them being rescue chickens and having a better life. It's certainly shorter though. I just hope any new people are better behaved and look after any of their animals better. :D

What a neighbour you have there!!! Apologies cost nothing but go a long long way - I would report her to animal cruelty
Seriously thought about it as she had more than one dog run over on the railway too. Puts them out and leaves them. But didn't want to make her behaviour or her sons any worse towards me as only here on my own. :D I know I'm a wuss. :D

Fabulous neighbour! Mine has a dog that likes to bark at all hours, glad i'm the type that can sleep though a bomb explosion so i don't hear it, so let mum deal with her instead :p

Its very difficult but I think you can do it anonymously - are there other houses around?

Our neighbour (who is also Paul's friend) has a big dog and its barks drives me nuts - it doesn't bark often - but it always seems to be at Noah's bedtime, or when we are eating dinner or even worst when I am home alone and enjoying ten mins to peace and quiet!

Its very grey here today - although it does seem to be brightening up

What are you up to today? my sister and her children are over and I am having a v lazy morning lol (again)

Its very difficult but I think you can do it anonymously - are there other houses around?

Our neighbour (who is also Paul's friend) has a big dog and its barks drives me nuts - it doesn't bark often - but it always seems to be at Noah's bedtime, or when we are eating dinner or even worst when I am home alone and enjoying ten mins to peace and quiet!

Its very grey here today - although it does seem to be brightening up

What are you up to today? my sister and her children are over and I am having a v lazy morning lol (again)
I'm hoping it won't be an issue once they move.

I drove in to work through rain this morning. First rain we've had in ages as it has fallen as snow for the last couple of months. Still miserable out but I'm too far from any windows to see if it's still raining.

Hope you've had a good time with your sis and kids and it'll do you good to have a lazy time. I'm still stuck at work for a few more hours today but hey ho only 27 and a bit days to go at work. :D

I am the same, my office is in the back of a workshop so I have no natural light and the only time I know what the weather is like is if the guys come in covered snow or soaking or I need the loo and need to go a trek to get there - which I may add is an awful lot at the moment as I am drinking water again, seems when it is cold water it makes you pee more that drinking hot water!!!

Been an OK day today, very sore head this morning but have taken v strong painkillers so knocked on the head for the moment but it will be back - wee snooze when I get back home :)

Have a lovely afternoon x

Back