I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

I am the same, my office is in the back of a workshop so I have no natural light and the only time I know what the weather is like is if the guys come in covered snow or soaking or I need the loo and need to go a trek to get there - which I may add is an awful lot at the moment as I am drinking water again, seems when it is cold water it makes you pee more that drinking hot water!!!

Been an OK day today, very sore head this morning but have taken v strong painkillers so knocked on the head for the moment but it will be back - wee snooze when I get back home :)

Have a lovely afternoon x
Oh hope the headache stays away. A wee snooze is always nice. Hope your afternoon goes quickly. :D

Just popping in to see how you are lovely :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Having a bit of a rough time tbh Sydney not handling potassium well and being put on low pot diet so not allowed anything vaguely healthy no baked tatties no beans no dairy no wm bread no tomato based sauces etc etc not sure I can rustle up anything even vaguely apetising. :eek:

More to the point how are you and how's Chris and all the rest of the clan. :D

Having a bit of a rough time tbh Sydney not handling potassium well and being put on low pot diet so not allowed anything vaguely healthy no baked tatties no beans no dairy no wm bread no tomato based sauces etc etc not sure I can rustle up anything even vaguely apetising. :eek:

More to the point how are you and how's Chris and all the rest of the clan. :D

Oh dear that sounds horrible. Not leaving not leaving much to play with but I'm sure you will find something x

I'm hoping it won't be an issue once they move.

I drove in to work through rain this morning. First rain we've had in ages as it has fallen as snow for the last couple of months. Still miserable out but I'm too far from any windows to see if it's still raining.

Hope you've had a good time with your sis and kids and it'll do you good to have a lazy time. I'm still stuck at work for a few more hours today but hey ho only 27 and a bit days to go at work. :D
Hope they move before you retire - 27 days - you lucky lady - fancy trading places lol!
Having a bit of a rough time tbh Sydney not handling potassium well and being put on low pot diet so not allowed anything vaguely healthy no baked tatties no beans no dairy no wm bread no tomato based sauces etc etc not sure I can rustle up anything even vaguely apetising. :eek:. :D
Oh PP - i didn't realise - that's really tough - what do you eat then? can you have wraps - in work I used to have a list of Meals on Wheels Low Potassium Meals (not that I am suggesting you start having meals on wheels) but it might give you some ideas? when I am back I will see if I still have it (if not I will ask them if they can email it to me)
Thanks Alycyn The hunt goes on but lots of foods don't list potassium amounts so it's a bit hit and miss. And a seriously bad outcome if I make too many mistakes. :D
Ouch!

I've had a lovely day - had a nice walk to Tesco - which is just as well cos no other exercise today x

Nite Nite, sleep tight x

Hope they move before you retire - 27 days - you lucky lady - fancy trading places lol!

Oh PP - i didn't realise - that's really tough - what do you eat then? can you have wraps - in work I used to have a list of Meals on Wheels Low Potassium Meals (not that I am suggesting you start having meals on wheels) but it might give you some ideas? when I am back I will see if I still have it (if not I will ask them if they can email it to me)

Ouch!

I've had a lovely day - had a nice walk to Tesco - which is just as well cos no other exercise today x

Nite Nite, sleep tight x
Donna I wish I was retiring but I'm being made redundant instead and with the health issues I'm not hopeful for being able to get any other work in the present climate.

The potassium is a new issue and I'm stilll trying to get my head round it. It's just weird that everything which is seen as conventionally healthy is not allowed. It's been years since i last ate the likes of white bread. Any help with low pot recipes will be gratefully received. even researching on the internet has been so confusing one post on the one website says for example that rhubarb is low and the next says it's high and to be avoided at all cost. Confused and bemused.com.

It sounds as though you've had a lovely day. :D And here's to another one tomorrow. :D

Morning patsy xx

Sorry to hear a new prob has arose wiv Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks Yvonne I had hoped she would stay healthy till I managed to get a bit of fun out of being a lady of leisure. :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll figure out what I ought to be eating eventually but I'm just worried that if I cut back on the healthy stuff I'm not allowed any more that my gut troubles will get worse. Just gonna have to try it and see how I get on. :D Hope you have a fab day hun and are funding the zone a fab place to be. :D

I agree about the confusing info i googled it yesterday to see if i cud help ya and i got the same info lol i wud love to be able to eat white bread again :D
Aww thanks for trying to help Em I do appreciate it, :D It just seems so counter intuitive after years of sticking more or less to SW principles of wholemeal and fibre rich but apparently the potassium is in the bran part of wheat so no bran flakes or weetabix but cornflakes are fine. Oddest one I've found so far is to stop eating nectarines and switch to peaches. So must be more than just a furry skin separates the two. :D

Oddest one I've found so far is to stop eating nectarines and switch to peaches. So must be more than just a furry skin separates the two. :D

I just had to look that up, according to two websites they have the same potassium content , 285mg in each peach or nectarine. But then another says eat Cherries, peaches and plums, but avoid nectarines and apricots, How bizarre!

I just had to look that up, according to two websites they have the same potassium content , 285mg in each peach or nectarine. But then another says eat Cherries, peaches and plums, but avoid nectarines and apricots, How bizarre!
So glad that it's not just me that ended up confused by conflicting info. One site had nectarines with slightly more vit a & c but approx double the potassium. :D I think I'd find all the conflicting info funny if it wasn't potentially lethal. :sigh:

its shows just how little people really do know about what we eat really!

Obviously a lot of bad info on this low potassium diet. U would think the health professionals would be able to give you more in depth diet sheets. Hope u find something soon x

Hi patsy

I'm sure ull figure it out. I'm ok today, still in shock about friend & w8in 2 hear funeral details. Tough day at work but kps mind off it. Right now I have a sooky cat on my knee wantin petted & attempting 2 knock iPad out hands!!!

How's ur day bn? X

Back