I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Hi Von, How are you doing. I'm good atm was out at a friends 65th birthday party yesterday so that was good. :D

Good to see you back Em. I'm good thanks. :D

That's great patsy , hope you had a fab time celebrating xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's great patsy , hope you had a fab time celebrating xx

Yes it was a really lovely celebration, the birthday girl was so shocked when she saw us all, and her daughter had prepared a lovely buffet with gorgeous food but I had to avoid some of it due to it's potassium content but it looked stunning and what i had all tasted superb. A thoroughly lovely night was had by all. :D

Popping in PP

To say hello
a low potassium diet sounds like Hell
I'm not even sure what that would and wouldn't include

Morning patsy xx

Morning Von. Hope you're having a good day. :D

Popping in PP

To say hello
a low potassium diet sounds like Hell
I'm not even sure what that would and wouldn't include
Morning Kals, Potassium restriction is hellish, just think of anything healthy and I'm not allowed it. The unhealthy stuff tends to be OK though. Most fruit & Veg is not allowed but sugar is fine, White bread is preferred to WM, pasta & rice are OK but again the white versions are "best" but you can't have either a tomato or cream sauce with it, Soup's out too. And then the easy bit no choccie or toffee or fudge or treacle. Potatoes are the worst restriction for me no baked, roast or chipped spuds for me. :cry:

Hi patsy, hope you don't mind, I'm popping in to subscribe. You have done amazingly so far. Look forward to catch up on your diary xx

Hi patsy, hope you don't mind, I'm popping in to subscribe. You have done amazingly so far. Look forward to catch up on your diary xx
Welcome Anju, Lovely of you to say I'm doing well but tbh that was ages ago and atm I can't even do SW cos I have to follow a low potassium diet cos of kidney probs so my eating is anything but healthy. Fruit and veg is pretty much banned. But I'm working on getting back to more healthy choices if I can. Do you have a diary?

I'll go have a hunt about for it. :D

Hi patsy, too lazy to write a diary, and too busy being nosey on other people's diaries! How does the low potassium diet effect your every day food choices?

Hi patsy, too lazy to write a diary, and too busy being nosey on other people's diaries! How does the low potassium diet effect your every day food choices?
Most fruit and veg are high in Potassium so not allowed. Potatoes are what I miss most and also it has to be white bread and pasta and no fibre rich cereals as the husk is where the potassium is. Limited to one coffee a day and only a little milk. Tomatoes are out and so although you can have rice and pasta you can;t have either a tomato or creamy sauce with it and soup is also a no no cos of the veg. No fruit juices bat I was used to that on SW. No choccie,toffee, fudge or treacle either so even a sweet treat is a challenge. All in all it's hellish. :( But the quacks are adament I need it so I just have to comply I guess. I suppose I'll get used to it eventually. :D

I just looked at your stats and you;re doing so well. Fabulous job. :D

Sounds like a nightmare PP, hope they manage to sort you out soon, sorry I haven't been to visit for a while I have been reading though :) xxx

Sounds like a nightmare PP, hope they manage to sort you out soon, sorry I haven't been to visit for a while I have been reading though :) xxx
It's tough Ems and it's not something they can sort so I just gotta get used to it, Between the limited foods and hte times my gut goes into spasm and I cant eat or drink at all life is just peachy. :rolleyes:

It does indeed sound like a nightmare PP

I couldn't imagine not eating veg
Tell me about it Kals. I hate it but needs must. It's that or risk death due to potassium overload and there are no warning signs that the levels are high you just snuff it. :( I'm hoping to speak to a renal dietitian to see if they can come up with any workarounds for me, but I'm not too hopeful. :D

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you regarding renal dietician :) xx

Wow PP that sounds really serious and an absolute nightmare to navigate. Hope the appointment with the dietitian comes through soon as working out what you can and can't eat is a minefield. So what have you eaten today?

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you regarding renal dietician :) xx
Thanks Em. I can't wait. :D Any chance you could cross your toes too. :8855:

Wow PP that sounds really serious and an absolute nightmare to navigate. Hope the appointment with the dietitian comes through soon as working out what you can and can't eat is a minefield. So what have you eaten today?
Thanks Anju. Today has not been good, but at the moment no gays are. I've had some toast and a packet of Doritos. (Corn snacks are allowed, just not potato or cassava ones) Umm not very healthy but hi hum. :D

Of course and my eyes, legs, arms and anything else you can think of lol xx

Back