I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Afternoon Lovely, Happy Good Friday ....I may not always be here hun but I always see what goes on :giggle:, so how long is that scar now then? :8855:

Have a lovely day hunni :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Morning Patsy! How's the 15 minutes up and moving in the evening going? i don't mean to nag, but you didn't put any positives up yesterday! i know you don't like exercise really, and believe me i felt that way for years, but I'm sure you can find something you enjoy - walking, dancing, anything really that takes your fancy! Hope to see you back on here later:)

Aw heck - not you too. ;) Can I get no peace. :( :giggle: You exercise junkies are all the same :giggle: Nag Nag Bleedy Nag :giggle:. Guess I should be adding my updates then to keep you all happy. :giggle: See below
Afternoon Lovely, Happy Good Friday ....I may not always be here hun but I always see what goes on :giggle:, so how long is that scar now then? :8855:

Have a lovely day hunni :hug99: xxxxxxxx
Had to think about this one for a minute :giggle: didn't think I'd shown off my scars :giggle: But my scarF is easily long enough to wrap a couple of times round your neck, tightly :giggle:.

Anyway - so far I'm fulfilling my challenges terms. I did a bit of general tidying up on Wed for 20 mins. And last night I walked for about an hour did some heavy lifting. Had a wee break then some more heavy lifting and lots of bends and stretches. Sounds good when you put it like that doesn't it. Normally I call it doing the weekly shop and putting it away. :giggle: But I'm counting it as I didn't get home till 10.30 after sorting mums shopping and was not about to start anything else.

So now my positives for today:- (can't remember what I wrote for yesterday now, probably much the same)

It's Friday
Last and 2nd day of the working week
Been on plan 100% for 3.5 days so far
Stuck to activity challenge 2 days so far
House is a little tidier (activity challenge)
Car is sort of legal again - tax disc in post.
Have lovely friends on minis who nag me on demand. (what more could a person wish for???)
Have lovely friends off minis who think I'm nuts for accepting activity challenges. (they've known me for longer)
Feel better for healthy eating for 3.5 days.

OK I think I've run out for now. :D

Afternoon Positive PatsY! Extreme ironing and extreme knitting :eek:!! Hope you're having a lovely day xxx

evening miss positive :D

just popped in to say hello and wish you a happy easter xxxx

loving the idea of extreme knitting and of extreme shopping, youll soon be an exercise junkie, i caught it from here :eek:

evening miss positive :D

just popped in to say hello and wish you a happy easter xxxx

loving the idea of extreme knitting and of extreme shopping, youll soon be an exercise junkie, i caught it from here :eek:
OMG I'm beginning to worry that I've got the bug. I've heard about computer viruses after all. :sick: :giggle: Do you know if there is any cure? :eek: Hope you have a good Easter too Mandy, and anyone else reading this. :D

:giggle: :giggle: the only cure is to increase your exercise :giggle: :giggle: now you've started you have to keep going PP Lily is now watching and so proud of you that you just have to :giggle: :giggle: its part of the process :D

Seriously well done, on remaining positive and exercising, proud of you :) x

Afternoon my lovely future exercise convert :giggle:

Jackie is correct, I am watching and glad to see you're doing the challenge, tiny steps as they say, won't be too long before you're running a marathon :8855: and on top of all that not only running it, but actually enjoying it ....I should be a personal trainer :giggle: find out what gets you up and push till you actually want to be up.
Like LMC said doesn't matter what you do, anything you like it all counts as long as your active, why do you think I didn't say you have to do 20 push ups or 2 squats, cos you'd have told me where to go right, but this way it's up to you, you're being active and hopefully doing something you like, which hopefully will lead to you wanting to try something new and so on :sign0151: I am not just a pretty face :giggle:

So for now I will put my :whip: and :whoopass: to one side and just keep on watching...well done hun, very very proud of you :hug99: xxxx

:giggle: :giggle: the only cure is to increase your exercise :giggle: :giggle: now you've started you have to keep going PP Lily is now watching and so proud of you that you just have to :giggle: :giggle: its part of the process :D

Seriously well done, on remaining positive and exercising, proud of you :) x
Thanks Jackie. I feel better for it in lots of ways too. Less mess (marginally) round the house makes me less down about it. Still an awfully long way to go though but as I said before my wee holiday if I measure it in time rather than tasks to begin with I'll have more successes and feel better about it. :eek::eek:

Also the exercise will be burning a little energy and counting as BM which has got to help a bit. I'd also like to think that being more active is releasing endorphins which should improve my mood a bit too. And the pods are still helping as well. :D

Afternoon my lovely future exercise convert :giggle:

Jackie is correct, I am watching and glad to see you're doing the challenge, tiny steps as they say, won't be too long before you're running a marathon :8855: and on top of all that not only running it, but actually enjoying it ....I should be a personal trainer :giggle: find out what gets you up and push till you actually want to be up.
Like LMC said doesn't matter what you do, anything you like it all counts as long as your active, why do you think I didn't say you have to do 20 push ups or 2 squats, cos you'd have told me where to go right, but this way it's up to you, you're being active and hopefully doing something you like, which hopefully will lead to you wanting to try something new and so on :sign0151: I am not just a pretty face :giggle:

So for now I will put my :whip: and :whoopass: to one side and just keep on watching...well done hun, very very proud of you :hug99: xxxx
Aww shucks Lily I'm pleased you're pleased. :D But I think it will be a really long time before I contemplate running never mind a marathon. :eek:

But as you say I'm getting better and doing more and I will get used to the idea one of these days.:D And you never know maybe by then I'll have a tidy house too.

Since I moved here when my health was such that I couldn't cope with a 2nd floor flat, my ambition has been to sit out on a nice day at a garden table with friends doing the craft of our choice over a nice cup of tea or coffee in a beautifully cared for garden with a tidy and fairly recently decorated house behind me. ie everything just as I want it and nothing actually needing done. Now I know that's completely pie in the sky stuff. But one can dream can't one.

My hope is the 15 minutes each day will gradually make a difference and make even a small part of my dream come true. :D And with a bit of luck I will soon be able to target tasks to be completed once I make a bit of an inroad into the general mess. I'd like to get to the stage of having a place for everything and everything in it's place. :sigh:

So my continuing plan for today is to do a bit more tidying and putting on washing and doing the washing up. Challenge day 4 has been completed successfully already so any more is a bonus.

Positives Sat 7th April

Food on plan again today so far.
Feel upbeat about being on plan
Not craving anything ATM
Have an urge to eat..........fruit
Stuck to activity challenge day 4
Looking to do more as quite enjoying it so far.
Can see some progress with the house.

Gonna stop now and go and do something. :eek: :D

Hello sweetie, many moons ago when I first decided to lose this weight, my friend challeneged me to 15 mins a day activity, I could only do 5 mins at a time.....I may not be able to do more than 15 mins in one go, but I sit for less than a minute and I am up again and I have done 4 or 5 hours like that, and yet 4 years ago I wasn't able to do more than 5 mins without feeling totally f*cked as they say.
Now I don't think I'll ever run a marathon with my back, but I am never going to say never and as you said those 15 mins will make a dent everyday and that was the purpose of the challenge....I know how happy I feel , even though everyday i still think oh no I have to do this for an hour or more, once I actually start it I can't stop I feel brilliant after and I will never go back to being that couch potato.
Now if you continue on this road, the odds are that you'll enjoy the outcome and want to do more and even if you can't, one day in the not too distant future ....you'll suddenly have that dream fulfilled and I want that dream to come true for you so much, I am going to push you everyday to work towards it .

So like I said, I am soooooo proud of you, I know how hard it is and I know you have health issues, but you can do this lovely Patsy and you will :hug99: xxxxxx

Hello sweetie, many moons ago when I first decided to lose this weight, my friend challeneged me to 15 mins a day activity, I could only do 5 mins at a time.....I may not be able to do more than 15 mins in one go, but I sit for less than a minute and I am up again and I have done 4 or 5 hours like that, and yet 4 years ago I wasn't able to do more than 5 mins without feeling totally f*cked as they say.
Now I don't think I'll ever run a marathon with my back, but I am never going to say never and as you said those 15 mins will make a dent everyday and that was the purpose of the challenge....I know how happy I feel , even though everyday i still think oh no I have to do this for an hour or more, once I actually start it I can't stop I feel brilliant after and I will never go back to being that couch potato.
Now if you continue on this road, the odds are that you'll enjoy the outcome and want to do more and even if you can't, one day in the not too distant future ....you'll suddenly have that dream fulfilled and I want that dream to come true for you so much, I am going to push you everyday to work towards it .

So like I said, I am soooooo proud of you, I know how hard it is and I know you have health issues, but you can do this lovely Patsy and you will :hug99: xxxxxx
Thanks Lily it's lovely to know somebody believes in me even when I sometimes don't. You are so good to me. :D

That's cos you're so worth it lovely, if I can do it anyone can seriously :hug99: xxxx

What do you mean go back to :whip: and :whoopass:,???
Just cos I can be nice doesn't mean I'm not a task master hun....so Move it :giggle:

My friend calls me the B*tch with a heart ....I love it :bighug: xxxxxxxx

hahaha, hope you salauted when you said that :hmm: xxxx

PP just read back in my diary. I didn't do exercise. Hated it. Never found one I liked and always had an excuse. In fact Tilly and I used to joke all the time that we were allergic to it :8855: you can do this we have every faith in you sweetheart and we're all here to help and motivate you :bighug: you are a lovely lovely lady and one i'm proud to have as a friend.

I started the same. In fact the day I started my DVD I collapsed after 10 mins in a heap as couldn't do it, I now do it easily. Soon builds up :D x

Just been catching up on your diary. Loving all the positives. Keep it up. Well done for doing your challenges. :) all that BM helps.

Happy Easter. Hope you have a good day.

Remember keep smiling. :)

X

Back