I messed up today

RasberryRed

...:sigh: I had one of those days, which started out bad.. I didn't eat breakfast and went straight to lunch. Lunch was fine, moderate.. I go on a run later. I come home, it's almost 9 hours since I ate and I'm not in the mood for cooking, so I start snacking on the cookies I made for friends yesterday. I manage to pop something in the oven and start a meal for the up coming week. But my oven meal is taking so long, I'm still snacking, until by the time I have finished my dinner, it's 23:00 and I have polished off 4 cookies plus some pasta sauce for later this week. Now I just feel boated and annoyed because it negates my run.

When when when will I learn that YOU CAN NEVER BE HUNGRY ON A DIET... because if I'm not planning it right I just eat anything. I'll be so bummed if I have another bad week at WI... :sigh:

Just put it behind you. Any and all slips, blips, even binges! What's done is done. Start afresh and don't allow it to get to you. That was then, and this is now.

Remember to allow yourself to be human. Imperfect! You can never be totally 100% perfect in any area of life, nobody can, so be kind to yourself and just keep going.

All the best x

Thanks girly... it's just so annoying! I feel like I'm just constantly going over and over what I'm eating - all the time. Oi.

Yes of course and that becomes habit - an obsessive one lol. You cannot do anything to alter what is now in the past so just breathe deeply and concentrate on the future.

Over the course of any diet we are gonna slip now and then! We may slip very badly. We may even binge royally and once it's done, that's that.

The secret of long term weight control is just getting right back in the saddle as tho nothing had happened. I lost ten stones years back and kept it all off for nearly thirteen years. Then last winter my father died and it's been a struggle, since. However I regained two stones over many months and have now lost 7lb of that.

No way could I have faced gaining back more! It would have been terrible. I tried and failed to get back into it many times but just kept trying. Now I really am back on track. This is what matters!

You are doing great and need to give yourself a pat on the back for your successes and just overlook the rest x

Work out hun! We commit mistakes. Don't feel bad about it. Just be sure, you won't do it again.

Today is a fresh day so try not to beat yourself up over one bad day. How has today been? x

Thanks so much for asking!

Today has been good. I took the advice to heart, and was 100% for the past few days. I also started week 4 on C25k, and ran for 16 min today. I'm really stoked about it. Just keeping my fingers crossed I'll be rewarded on Saturday. :D

Glad to hear today has been better. Well done on the running too. That's fantastic. I did the race for life on Sunday and tried to run short bits of it but mostly ended up power walking. I'm hoping if I can get some weight off and get fitter that I can run more of it next year.
Everything is crossed that you get the loss you want x

Well done for getting back on track...to be honest by comparison you didn't go off track too badly! When I break out it's all out mayhem- I've been 100% the last while,being so goodthat I've been bringing food anywhere there's a danger of being tempted. But kids are thrown down today and it's been a bit of a lazy day so I've managed to put away a snack bar,a mini kit Kat,2 bowls of microwave popcorn,4 sq of chocolate and 2 rice crispie buns. And it's only 1.30! Going to MIL's for dinner and it's bound to be a roast of some sort. Will have to go spinning tomorrow. Wish o had the motivation to rub like you but I need someone shouting at me to keep going. (sorry for hijacking,the guilts are setting in here!)

Back