i miss cake

im missing sweet stuff full stop :(

Well, this week i scheduled cake. I guess you could say i used flexible syns for it (except i really don't like this concept and think it is a bit pointless!) but i also "saved" some syns over the week, even though i know you are not supposed to do this. I was meeting a friend for coffee yesterday morning and I decided i would have a slice of cake, whatever looked the yummiest. And i would stick to my black cofee and usual, and then afterwards go right back on plan.

I weigh in monday so I don't know yet if it had a negative effect on weight loss but i really, really enjoyed that piece of cake. I looked forward to it all week! And because i had planned it as just one slice, i didn't find it hard to get back on plan afterwards.

I checked the SW website when i got back and the cake i had (carrot cake, Costa coffee) was 25.5 syns a slice!! but so worth it.

I do agree that there is no such thing as diet cake, and this wonderful cake in Costa just confirmed it!

I love cake. With swirly icing. cupcakes, or a big sponge cake with buttercream and jam. I really miss cake. I haven't eaten cake since I started SW about 4 months ago. I daren't! I could eat a whole big cake in one sitting. I once (pre SW) ate 2 of the Tesco rasberry swirly cupcakes one after the other - they are 17 syns each!! :eek:

I have made low syn cakes etc, and while they are nice, they are not Cake cake. If you know what I mean. Any other cake lovers? I just can't ever imagine when I will be able to eat cake again. And not eating cake makes me sad :(

Me too! I love making cakes... My CB Radio "handle" years ago was Mrs. Kipling...:)

I love cupcakes, victoria sponge with all the buttercream too... I dont miss chocolate but I do like a slice of cake with a cuppa. I am trying to find the fatless sponge recipe on here. I just had to have cupcakes the other week at my parents 60th A. I had two at their home and two when I got home. Gorgeous! I just thought blow it I am just having it and enjoyed it... I stopped buying ingredients for cakes now so I cant make them:cry:

got to make this one tho

Lemon yogurt cake recipe for those who want to try it, I really feel it tastes like 'real cake' and as its not the lowest in syns it stops you over indulging.
14 slices at 4.5 syns each.

Ingredients

For the cake:
150g Caster Sugar (29.5 syns)
15g sweetener
50g Flora extra light (4.5 syns)
4 eggs (seperated)
225g 0% fat greek (or greek style yogurt)
Zest of 1 large lemon
175g Self raising flour (28syns)

For the Lemon curd filling:
3 tablespoon sweetener
Rind and juice 1 lemon
2 eggs
50g greek yogurt

Method

Grease a 20cm round cake tin with frylight. Preheat oven to 180/ fan 160/ Gas 4
Beat together sugar, butter and egg yolks, then add lemon zest and yogurt, whisk until smooth.
Fold in flour and whisk egg whites to a soft peak and fold in.
Put straight in the cake tin and cook for between 1-1 1/4hrs or until skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Method for lemon curd filling:

Place a glass bowl over a pan of hot water on the hob. Put Lemon rind and sweetener in bowl and mix together. Whisk lemon juice and eggs together and add to bowl, keep whisking/stirring over heat until thickens, whisk in yogurt. Allow to cool in fridge for an hour.

Cake finish:
When cake cool, slice half way through and spread the curd between the 2 pieces, place top back on and if any curd remaining spread a thin layer on top. Place table spoon of sweetener in sieve and sprinkle on the top

I found this recipe on the calorie counting site

CHOCOLATE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 TBSP whole wheat flour
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for 70 seconds, enjoy :)

Calories: 95.2
Total Fat: 1.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 224.6 mg
Total Carbs: 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 2.6 g

If someone can Synnn it for me it would be great... cheers! I have made a "butter" version of this before but not low cals.

I found this recipe on the calorie counting site

CHOCOLATE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 TBSP whole wheat flour
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for 70 seconds, enjoy :)

Calories: 95.2
Total Fat: 1.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 224.6 mg
Total Carbs: 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 2.6 g

If someone can Synnn it for me it would be great... cheers! I have made a "butter" version of this before but not low cals.

5 syns.

thank you thats brilliant! I have some syns to use up tonight!

Back