I must, I must... look good at my wedding

dragoneye454

Hi all,

Thought it was about time I started a diary. I got engaged just over a month ago and the sudden realisation dawned a couple weeks ago that I will need to wear a dress and have my picture taken countless times. I hate having my picture taken and I mean despise it. So I figure if I want to lose weight which I did anyway, what more of a goal do I need. So here we are.

Week one I lost three pounds which was great.
Week two I stayed the same. Gutting but I am erring on the fact that I went over the future MILs on the Sunday and she cooked nearly every thing in oil :eek:.

So this week (weigh in Saturday so thats when my week starts), I am determined to lose. The OHs parents have now been told that I am doing SW and they are behind me on it (what more could I ask for). So this week we have had.

Saturday (over MIL)- B-Yogurt.
L-skipped as was at garage a lot longer than expected.
D- HM lasagne (diced beef, Carrots, cabbage, onion, peppers, pasta sheets, blended tomatoes and bisto cheese sauce (3 syns).
Dessert- Toffee swirl cheesecake (10 syns)

Sunday- B- (courtesy of the MIL)- Wholemeal toast (HB), scrambled egg, baked beans, bacon and tomatoes
L- Salad- Lettuce, Onion, Beetroot, egg and ham.

Wedding plans- Only in the starting stages.

Sunday D- Roast Pork, carrots, cabbage, roast potatoes and two aunt bessies (1 syn).
S- Strawberries and options white chocolate made with milk (HA and 2 syns)

Managed to complete the guest list with the OH last night also.

Monday
B- Muller light yogurt
L- Ham salad- Ham, lettuce and onion. Grapes

Dragoneye - lets support each other I have been messing around since the begining of the year and have decided today - 23rd January is the day I get ready for my wedding which is the 26th May - I am starting my journey on celebrity slim

Thanks floweryrosie. I hope so.
Hi emjones. Sounds good. I hope you do well with your journey.

Am not feeling so good right now. Stomach so bad I had to go home from work and the bathroom has become my new best friend. Not impressed. All I am thinking is if I am ill, I may lose more this week hehe. Got to find the good in the bad.

Feeling better now. Had a piece of toast and butter instead of the ham salad (2/3 HB) and 1.5 syns.

D- Chicken kebab, no pitta (5 syns) and hm cheesy bread (1 1/3 HB and 1 HA + 1 syn)

Will be having a milky options later (HA +2) and the rest of my frozen minstrels if I feel the need with my strawberries later (5 syns) =14 1/2 syns total

Ok so we didn't have the chocolate, but we also didn't have the strawberries. Not bad, not bad.

Todays menu is:

B- Golden Grahams (dry) -5.5 syns
L- Toast and LC triangle (HB +1) and an apple.

Plan for HM burgers and wedges tonight, with some carrots thrown in for good measure and a milky options.

Hi Dragoneye, when are you getting married? I got engaged last september, but we aren't getting married until July 2013. I've started trying to slim down now and keep it off, ready for dress shopping.

Good luck with your weight loss! :)

Hi rachel, not until Dec 2013 so plenty of time. Congrats on your date. I just can't help planning even though its so far away. are you the same?

Had an options (with water) at work instead as I was feeling the need. A woman at work is on the rosemary connelly diet and made a 'diet' cake, which has masses of sugar in to compensate. It was a no to that, even though she tried very hard to convince me that it would be good for me.

Burgers and wedges for tea, they went down well with the family so very happy. Had the minstrels today instead bringing my grand syn total today to 13 1/2 syns with a nice glass of milk to top it off.

ha, yes i'm exactly the same. We booked our venue about 5 weeks after getting engaged and i'm already arranging meetings with florists etc. You have plenty of time to reach your goal, i'm sure you'll have no trouble at all!

I am a bit gutted today after thinking that tomato puree was free, I now find it's 1/2 per tablespoon. Not a major dent, but an annoyance all the same.

Today we have had:
B- Yogurt
L- Pasta (plain) and carrots with tomato puree to dip (1/2 syn)

I'm not sure what to do for tea today as I will be the only one in the house. Work has also been very tempting today as they refilled the chocolate tins with freddos and other little treats. I am sorely tempted as they are low in syns but know I wuold regret it later.

On the plus side today, I have booked my meeting with the wedding venue for March and I have got some bits in to trial my invitations which will be handmade (black card with blue insert and pink ribbon).

Three days till weigh in and I am praying for all this being good to pay off. I have an indian birthday meal tomorrow and have even planned how to get through that pain free.

ha, yes i'm exactly the same. We booked our venue about 5 weeks after getting engaged and i'm already arranging meetings with florists etc. You have plenty of time to reach your goal, i'm sure you'll have no trouble at all!

You too. It gives me that little boost when I feel tempted so hopefully it should be easy. I'm not as well prepared as florists but I do have an excel spreadsheet with everything planned out already, much to the OHs horror hehe ;)

good luck on your weight loss journey, just picture yourself in your lovely dress and that will be your motivation:)

For dinner we ended up with a type of king prawn paella- Batchelors rice (golden veg), spring onions and king prawns. Also had an options at work

Later I realised I hadn't really planned today well for my HA and HB so had weetabix with warm milk and strawberries and a mini packet of buttons to get my syns above 5.

Today we have had weeatbix with milk for brekkie and am now munching on another batchelors rice for my lunch. I have some carrots in my bag (which I always think is quite strange if people were to look) if I get hungry later.

It is the dreaded indian tonight, but I figure if I have a chicken tikka starter (4 1/2?), a lamb rogan josh (6 1/2) and a plain rice, I should do well.

Hope everyone has a good day

Evening all,

Well its not gone too great. We've had a two day birthday celebration for my dad and whilst I have only used 13 syns today (even with alcohol), yesterdays indian ended up being a massive 32 syns!!! But its ok. I'm not going to panic. I'm just going to flexi syn it and carry on. The weigh in is tomorrow morning so I am really hoping that even though I had a bad meal, it may be kind and let me lose this week.

I am so ecstaticly over the moon this morning. Even after that huge indian meal in Thursdat night, I have still lost 2lbs this week Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Good Morning all,

Bit of damage limitation last night as we went out for the OHs mothers birthday. Yes its one of those weeks. I opted for the chicken wrapped in bacon which unfortunately was covered in stilton sauce and the 'sauteed' potatoes were actually deep fried. But its another day today with warm weetabix to start the day. We cant go wrong today.

Did manage to prototype my invites yesterday. Black card with blue insert and a pink ribbon round the outside with silver embossed wedding on the front. Think we may have our winner.

I am starting to struggle now. I had a yogurt for lunch as it was late and then roast for tea. Chicken, Carrots, Roasties, Leeks and broccoli in cheese sauce (5.5) and two yorkshires (4 syns). I did discover the slimming world free gravy and I must say I was very impressed.

However, in the evening, the OH bought a packet of biscuits. I limited myself to one (4 syns) but it was sooo hard not to eat more. I ended up eating ham wrapped in lettuce which was nowhere near as good. I really miss chocolate and biscuits right now :cry:

This morning we had warm weetabix and am having a mug shot, yogurt and apple for lunch. Oh has made a chilli for tonight when I wasn't there which has been made with full fat mince so now I have to decide. Do I try and syn it or do I just skip it altogether and let the rest have it.

Back