i need a kick up the backside!

glittermama

LOVES glitter
Hey all.

Some of you may remember me!! I started SW at the beginning of this year and really enjoyed it....
For one reason and another i just lost my way and i have now piled weight back on.

I really want to get back into the mindset of dieting but i cant find motivation anywhere.

Were going on holiday at the beginning of June and would like to lose abit of weight before then, but i just cant sort myself out enough to do it.

help me!!!!! give me a good old kick up the bum!!!

Hi there :)

You sound like I was back in February. I did SW last year, ended up losing the plot and piling it all back on. I kept trying to get in the right mindset but I did it for a couple of days, and then went off track again. I did this for quite a while, and then one morning I woke up and decided I had to stop playing around. If I didn't want to lose weight, then just stop playing around, but if I did want to lose weight, I had to focus and give it 100%. I decided that I did want to lose weight more than I wanted to enjoy the wrong foods. I read through my books and got some new recipes and got all excited about things again.

Me and my girlies have a thread called 'Ladies that Munch', if you fancy joining us for a bit of motivation, inspiration, and a shoulder to cry on when things dont go to plan. Were all nice lol :D xx

HERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!!

:heartpump:i WILL be a yummy mummy to my fiesty 1 year old - Imogen!!:heartpump:

*SIZE 6 BOOTING YOU IN THE REAR AS I TYPE!!*

:asskick:
Can i ask what knocked you off track? Are you an emotional eater? Have you addressed why it is you eat? (ok i know i sound like a therapist! lol)
You KNOW that Slimming World works, you KNOW its good for you, you KNOW you can still have yummy things to eat even though you're dieting.
I agree with Miss Tomato! Dig out some old recipes, buy the SW magazine, dig out some pics of what you'd like to wear at target.
(I'm now gonna do a Paul McKenna)
Close your eyes (not right now obviously cos otherwise you won't be able to read the rest! :p)
Imagine yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine in detail what you're wearing, what your hair looks like, what your make-up looks like. Imagine in vivd detail what your life is going to be life at goal. How does it feel? Put yourself mentally into your slimmer self! Imagine you're there now!
Get excited about being that person. Wearing those clothes. Feeling that confident!
And...............................

GET BACK ON THE DIET!!!!!!
:copon:
You know you can do it!
:hug99:​

I dont really know why i stopped. I went to my parents for the weekend and they always cook amazing food and i just couldnt help myself, and then from there i just let myself down big time!!! id cut out most sugar so i felt really faint but i lost quite a lot in the short time i did it!

..also my daughter is the fussiest eater on this planet and it drives me mad, and when she doesnt eat her dinner im always picking at it!!!!

humph!

..also my daughter is the fussiest eater on this planet and it drives me mad, and when she doesnt eat her dinner im always picking at it!!!!
I suffered from this too - my kids are older so i whatever they leave they know to scrape it straight into the bin the second they leave the table now.
Try making sure that as she's finished you're eating something yourself - some fruit maybe & then scrape it straight into the bin.
I went to my parents for the weekend and they always cook amazing food and i just couldnt help myself, and then from there i just let myself down big time!!!
I think we've all had times where we've had a bit of a blow out & then felt like we'd messed it all up and so carried on eating in an unhealthy way. Maybe you cutting out all of your sugar made you feel too deprived so when you did come off the plan you over did things a bit? Its a classic dieters trait. We cut out so much of the 'naughty' things that when we do come off the diet we go a bit mad with them!
Maybe this time try some of the low syn desserts and sweet options so that you don't feel so deprived? Feeling faint is NOT a good thing regardless of the weight loss and its just a sign that your sugar levels have dropped too far. Trick is to have little and often so you don't get those dips.
I'm sure you can get back on plan hun. Learn from what happened last time, make a few small adjustments and i know you'll be fine. *hugs*

Hi gilttermama!

I am in a similar position. Finished SW last summer after a six stone weight loss, didnt intend to stop just went on holiday and never got back on the wagon! I have now put 2 stone back on and have started to feel down about my weight again!

I decided last week that enough was enough, I binned any naughty food I had that the OH wouldn't eat and did a shop on Monday with all SW friendly foods. My motivation is still the picture from when I started SW the first time in 2009, yes I know im not that size any more but I don't want to end up back there so it keeps me going.

I also have a holiday in June and have set myself a a mini target for then maybe you could try this? actually set yourself a number of pounds to loose by then.

Good Luck on your SW journey!

Back