I need a little help...

x Lulu x

Silver Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I have been following weight watchers since 9th Jan from home. I started off at 12st 5lb (I'm 5ft 2) I want to loose about 3.5 stone.

I started off on 29 propoints per day. I've lost a stone now and i am confused about the amount of points i should have now. Am i right in thinking i should drop one point now?

Also, I usually eat about half of my weeklies but i am finding my weight loss is slow. Does everyone else eat their weeklies?

At first I was loosing about 2lb per week. I decided to join a gym as i would eventually like to get fit. Since joining i am only loosing 1lb a week and I go for an hour and 20 mins 6 days a week.

Sorry about my moaning but I am curious to see if any one is the same as me or can offer me some advice?

Thanks for reading.

Lu x

Lu,

I've found this as well and it is very frustrating. We are about the same weight and height so what I was told could help you.

What do you do at the gym? lots of cardio tends to slow weight loss, something to do with muscles and water retention. You could try increasing your fluid intake, or lowering the intensity of your workout.
Or you could try doing more resistance/weights. I find kettlebells very effective for fitness and toning.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Thanks for your reply.

I burn about 450 calories when i go the majority of them cardio.

I think i will speak to one of the gym instructors and ask them to change by programme.

I know its really fustrating. It's the first time i have ever followed a 'diet' for more than one week. However, i dont feel deprived of anything. Its really helped me think about portion sizes and the amount of food i actually used to eat.

I want to reach my goal by September at the latest as i go on holiday then :jelous: x

If I use all my weeklies I tend to have less of a loss but I do use them if I want them .. A lot of people have put on here that since joining the gym there loses have slowed.. Stuff to do with water retention but if you measure in inchs you would Probs loss even if the scales don't mOve

Back