I need a new start

hannahsmumwillshrink

Silver Member
New start diary

There have been millions of these and this is mine. I've had a tough yr. I started sw oct 2011 weighing in at 13st 8lb. I lost almost 2.5 st by last summer. Then it went a bit wrong. A miscarriage, work stress and depression have sent me running to the chocolate and bread and I have struggled to keep any motivation. I'm a comfort eater and god have I needed comfort over the last yr. so a year later and I'm up at 12st 10. I feel crap, bloated, spotty and miserable. I am fat again. I'm ashamed of myself. I had done so well and now I'm a blimp again.

I have two options
1 keep eating
2 do something about it.

I was reading about depression tonight and self help. Something struck me. Recovery is not the easy option, it takes hard work and effort but the results are worth your effort tenfold. I could keep stuffing this mouth with food I don't really want or I could get control of my eating again and enjoy the buzz that weight loss gives. Seeing those numbers fall. I remember last yr when it was going so well. I was happy.

So I need to muster the energy to wrestle my binge and comfort eating into submission.
I'm going to pledge to myself the loss of a stone. It will get me into a place where I'm happier with my body and I think that will be enough to start the ball rolling for now. So restart diary your target is .......

1 stone
14lb

In 3-4 weeks please.

I will achieve this by
1 running. I am at week 6 of couch to 5k. Start showing some commitment to the race for life in July. It's 8 weeks away. You could be well past the 1stone hurdle.

2. Eating better and planning my meals.

3 stop secret eating. This is the big problem in my life.

I need some encouragement along the way so feel free to comment as I hate waffling to myself but will do so anyway.

My main aim is to be happy in the photos of me and my daughter. She's only little. I don't want to look back in the future and say I wish there was a pic of us I love.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello, I think you have made a positive step forward writing your posts. I understand what its like to look to food for comfort. I'm sorry to hear you've had such an awful time. Wish you all the best on achieving your target. Xxx

Thank you for your encouragement. It is hard I've been building up to this post for a couple of weeks I think and feel better already just getting it out.

So weigh in this morning ( in pjs)

12 st 9lb

Not as bad as I thought.

Breakfast was

Shredders
Skimmed milk
Coffee.

The journey has started! Woop!

12st 7.8 this morning so 1.2lb off in a day! Lol! Not sure it will give me a loss at group tonight but I'm going to be good and hope it then it gives me a boost. My mood is still pretty low and I'm trying to act positively in hope my mood will follow.

Just dropping in to say a smiley Hi. Life is bloomin crap sometimes but us women are made of strong stuff :) I find this forum such a huge help I am sure you will too. Good luck hun - will follow x

Right it's been a busy week! But I'm still on track i think :)

Positives

I've really upped the exercise this week
I've only eaten in secret once - better than every day. Ill admit it as I still feel guilty about it. But it is a positive improvement this week.
I've decided to go to the docs for help with my mood.
Hubby is helping me be good.
I have this weeks meals planned
I've remembered chewing gum helps distract me :)

Negatives
The binge in time of stress.
Could be tighter on my syns

When the good out weighs the bad it must be ok!

I also la lb at group on Thursday so that was a little bonus. I reset my target at group for 12st - with the view to change it when I get there.
So at group Thursday night I was 12 st 10 and got ease sake I will stick with group weigh ins to track progress. I hope I can get 2 off this week :)

Good morning

Jst read ur post and it has struck a cord wi me. Not so tough as u have had it ur I secret eat, more so since OH went offshore, took on the mentality of. If no one sees me eat it it won't matter. I started last feb @ 12st 6 lost 1st 7 & I now weigh 13st 6.5. Put all back on & more. Like u I am so ashamed of myself, I am depressed as I don't have any friends, they all live miles away and have kids and unless I make the effort to contact i hardly hear from them. My family is 250miles away so only ppl I see are from work & again they all live miles from me or have own group of friends. I see the OH & if he is away it can b wks b4 I c anyone.

Anyhoo!! I completed the race for life in Glasgow last wk. really enjoyed, had bn training for it but ended up wi shin splints so docs 2day 2 get referred 4 physio & c when I can get back 2 it.

Day at a time for us both & good support from fellow minimins x

Hey alycyn. Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to be more aware of when and why I secret eat. It's in times of stress which is frequent! It's hard to figure out why I do it and what I can do to change my initial feeling of needing to eat. That's where I'm hoping the chewing gum will help.

I felt so incontrol of my eating last year. Now not so much but I'm trying.

Hi, it's been an ok week. I can't say I've been 100% on plan but I weigh in tomorrow might at group and I'm expecting a loss. No secret eating or binging today and a 4k run this evening. I hope it's get 2lb off tomorrow though as I've been on the whole a million times better and more in control than in previous weeks. Still on track to lose this stone :)

Thank you for asking. I hope you are having a good week too. I certainly think the sunshine is helping my mood :)

Lost a lb this week :)

I'm pleased as its in the right direction but I won't lie, I'd hoped for more but an experienced target member at group said I needed to stop putting steep hills in the way to climb. Do it slowly. He was totally right so I'm pleased with my loss and will go into next week positively. It's all in the right direction. I feel pretty confident for next week too so hopefully ill manage a target of 2 lb this week. As long as its a loss though I need to keep positive.

When I was doing the plan last year and losing steadily I used to set myself some little targets to aim for. Bearing in mind the advice I had in group I'm only going to list 3so that I can aim. For this time for next week.

1lb loss means regaining my 1stone achievement. - something I'm desperate to do.

2lb loss takes me to 12st 7lb.

3lb - I'm nearer to 12 st than 13!

Interestingly a lady in her first week lost 7lb. This really appeals to me to be extra good but I don't want to aim high and get disheartened. Just a thought.

Back