i need help getting atkins right.

madeinengland

hi all. i've just joined this forum. i'm male ,31 ,5'8 and 15 and half stone.i've tried the atkins before and to be honest i just couldn't get it to work for me. been on ww, slimefast and others to no success.the theory behind atkins has made me come back. this time i'm determined to get it right.the problem i have is the book's american and being in england most of the terms and foods mean absolutely nothing to me. does anyone have a 2 week induction menu that YOU have used that actually works,using british foods found in any british supermarket.being a bloke i'm not great round the kitchen so any meals above a salad i'm gonna struggle with.
please help!

Hi madeinengland

Jim has written a thread 'so you're thinking about starting Atkins' which has lots of excellent advice (sticky at the top of this forum).

American cup measurements and references to 'heavy cream' can get a bit confusing, can't they?

Hi mate,

I found the cup measurement translated to what we'd call a coffee mug and that's what I used.

Good Luck and welcome.

I don't but some do mate.

I took a multivitamin on induction I've stopped that now, I take an Omega 3 fish oil for my joint's 'cos I'm old. :D

I have a really low carb protien powder but it tastes better with milk than water. I haven't thought that I might be able to use soy milk with it though??

Interesting.....

Back