I need help with dinner (ot)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sophs, 15 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Sophs

Sophs SW Angels founder member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(25.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    On Sat we are having a mates and her hubby over for dinner which is great but have a problem

I am a veggie and my mates hubby is allergic to dairy [​IMG]

So I am after ideas. I don't mind having a different meal to the others as I usually have to anyway[​IMG]

I don't know whether it might be a nice idea to do a tapas style menu. No idea what to do though...I like the idea of stuffed chilli peppers but can you get a soya based soft cheese?

It's really stumped me[​IMG]
    Oh and I am not bothered about it having syns as it's also for my Birthday so having the night off!:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

we had friends over a while ago and we did a nice buffet type thing and everyone helped themselves. we did things like tomato and mozarella salad and olives, cheese, cold pizza, meats, etc. they loved it and are still going on about it now!

plus you can prepare it in advance ;)

4. Sophs

Sophs SW Angels founder member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(25.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks hun I may well try that...

Anyone know if you can dairy free soft cheese I could stuff the chillies with?

5. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hiya - at uni I had veggi friends and lactose intollerant friends...... therefore I use to cook a huge vegetable chilli.

You can serve it with garlic bread too (although depends how lactose intol he is). xxx

6. Piglet

Piglet Is so doing it this time

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    We had friends over last Sat and I did a Chillie. I had a little chillie with loads of rice cos I was on a green day, you could try that with Quorn mince maybe Px :)

7. Khandi

Khandi Silver Member

Diet:
    Diet Chef - this time round *sigh*
    I know you can get vegan cheese, although i've heard they aint that nice. I think you have to get it from a health food store like Holland & Barrett. Hope it points you in the right direction

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.