I need help

Wishfairies

I have been on slimming world plan for just over a month now. Had great losses for the first couple of weeks. But since then, it has really slowed down to losing nothing this week. I haven't cheated. I have been swapping original and green days. I just don't want to go back to class this week with a poor loss again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe try ensuring that you drink lots of water and concentrate on speed foods?

Have you tried EE? Do you eat plenty of fruit and veg throughout the day?? There could be a number of reasons, try posting a few of your food diaries for people to have a look at and see if there is anything we can spot.
Also, if you always do a food diary, have a look back and see if there is something that you have been eating more of lately that could of slowed you down. Everybody is different and your body may react different to certain foods.

Free Foods

apples
Mullerlight Yogurt, Cherry
bananas
mushrooms
beef, pilchards, beetroot,, plums ,cucumber ,tomatoes ham, tomatoes ,melon, all varieties

Healthy Extras
a 5 x 17.5g The Laughing Cow Light Triangles
b 2 slices Weight Watchers Wholemeal Bread (400g sliced loaf)
b 57g wholemeal roll

Syns
French Fries, all varieties 4 Syns Rolos 1 Syn Melts 1 Syn Rolos 1 Syn Pulses, Peas, garden, canned 1 Syn Sandwich Spread

..im gunna go ahead and say too much bread. . and try using both your HEA's. you need to vary your HEB's.. try canned fruit, soups, cereal bars or crispbreads.. change bit up a bit! and try eating berrys, i use forest fruits, frozen. it's cheaper and speeds ur weight loss! x

You have done so well in a month! Congratulations.
Perhaps you need the water or more veg. I am not sure.
I do know that everyone loses at a different rate and that some people (like me) don't lose every week. Apart from a 2 week break when I was away, and didn't stick to plan at all (yet lost 3 1/2 pounds!) I have stuck to the plan 100%. Some weeks I STS, and have even put on a couple of times. I was gutted as I try SOOO hard. I don't mind putting on if I cheated but I don't!
I have only lost 11 1/2 pounds in 15 weeks but, although it would be fantastic if it came off faster, I am happy as I love SW and don't feel restricted in anyway so any loss is good.
Please go to class, and even though you may have a blip, it WILL right itself and you WILL continue losing, long term.
Just remember how good it feels to lose weight. You really don't want to put it back on do you?
Good luck!

You say your losses have slowed down. Have they stopped completely? Don't forget the average loss, and best way to loose and keep weight off long term is 1lb-2lbs per week. The others have given you fabulous advice and you've done really well so far so don't forget that!

Best of luck hun xxx

Thanks so much for the advice. Bought myself some soup and berries. Think I am having withdrawals for bread, lol

The weight has stopped this week. I have got a lot to lose. I have gone from eating 6 bags of crisps a day to 1 a day. Just can't make it out.

Will be eating more super foods. lets see of Tuesday. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed that I can possibly do.

Can anyone recommend a good vegetable soup for healthy B option because this Baxters chicken and veg one is horrible.

I know how you feel, my weight loss has slowed down to approx 1/2 to 1lb per week - more 1/2 than 1's though. I need to boost it quickly. So I think a kick up the rear end is necessary for a few weeks. Some good suggestions I will try.

Are you eating enough? I know it sounds odd, but if you cut back too far then your body holds onto what it's got! You could have 15 syns a day and still lose at this stage.

I'm a great believer in a back to basics approach. Write everything down, weigh/measure everything that isn't free, up the fluid intake, vary your foods, introduce some exercise and most importantly don't be too hard on yourself, you've done amazingly well so far, so enjoy that achievement, and have some self belief that you will get there even if you do have to take the scenic route.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the advice. Bought myself some soup and berries. Think I am having withdrawals for bread, lol

The weight has stopped this week. I have got a lot to lose. I have gone from eating 6 bags of crisps a day to 1 a day. Just can't make it out.

Will be eating more super foods. lets see of Tuesday. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed that I can possibly do.

Can anyone recommend a good vegetable soup for healthy B option because this Baxters chicken and veg one is horrible.

Hang in there hun. Try getting a stew pack of veggies from the supermarket and chop it all and bang it in a pot with lots of mixed herbs, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and salt and pepper and make one of your own, I just chuck in whatever veg's are in the fridge that perhaps look a little past their best.

If you fancy chicken and veg, just drop a few chicken portions in with the skin removed and cook until the chicken drops of the bone.

If you like your soups thicker, syn some cornflower and mix it with a little water and add to your soup, it will soon thicken up. Then put it in pour and store bags and freeze. If you fancy a little more depth to it if you are craving bread, add some cooked pasta to it or some rice. It will bulk it out and stop you feeling hungry. Great to take to work too. If you have no microwave at work, get a food flask, it will keep it warm till lunch. xx

Good luck hun, hang in there. I was a bread monster too. You'll soon get out of it x :eat:

But she CAN have bread and still lose. I have saved both my HEbs for dinner before now, had 2 57g rolls and synned a potato for chips and had 2 burgers and chips for dinner and still lost significant amounts.

When you say 'slowed' do you mean to 1-2lbs a week, because that's really what's MEANT to happen after the initial couple of 'big losses' weeks...

i was the same good first 5 weeks then tuesday there i went and had only lost half pound was gutted my niece goes with me and she lost 3 pounds wich is great but the bit that got to me is she never sticks to hers she is allways over with sins and eats the little tasty bits like quarter of a cake or this and than and i am sure i have never used all me sins in any week but this week i am doing my best to use all me sins and make sure i have eaten enough threw each day and see how it goes heres hoping for tuesday
:cry:

it does also vary for people who have got more to lose than others. People with lots and lots to lose will lose more initially than people who only need to shed a stone or 2.

Thanks Nikdag for the recipe. Will try that. Sounds yum.
Slowed to nothing. I am in the habit of weighing myself at home every morning. I know what you going to say and I know I must stop. But all week zilch off. Just dreading Tuesday weigh in.

Had lots of superfree foods today. No bread, so we will see.

Thanks for all the support. Don't know what I would do without it. Hugs to everyone.

But she CAN have bread and still lose. I have saved both my HEbs for dinner before now, had 2 57g rolls and synned a potato for chips and had 2 burgers and chips for dinner and still lost significant amounts.

When you say 'slowed' do you mean to 1-2lbs a week, because that's really what's MEANT to happen after the initial couple of 'big losses' weeks...

I'm with Vixxster on this one. If all you've eaten is what you've written on your second post, then you're doing just fine.

Weight loss isn't linear - that is, you just won't lose a regular amount per week. Even on one of the liquid diets like Cambridge or Lighter Life, you don't always lose weight every week - and those diets restrict you to 500 calories or less per day!

Trust in the plan. Don't start restricting things - honestly, that way is the quickest route to failure I know. The moment you ban something from your diet, the more you crave it. If you want to eat bread for both of your Hex Bs, go for it.

There will be weeks where you lose nothing. I know it's frustrating, but you just need to keep the big picture in sight - you've lost 15 pounds already and you've never had to go hungry. Slimming World is a brilliant plan. Eat what you're allowed to eat and enjoy it. If you stick to one of the SW plans, the weight will come off - I promise. :)

Average is 1lb to 2lb a week, this is classed as a Healthy weight loss and I don't think its anything to do with you having bread as your 2 HE B's as long as they are the right size and wholemeal bread. If I dont have my syns then I don't lose as much.

I'm not saying this is YOU but I think most people want a quick fix and SW is a way of eating healthy that you can mantain forever. Having a week were you dont lose as much as the next or you mantain is a better week than putting on weight!

I am one of those who want to lose weight quickly. Health is crap.
I have loads to lose, so I thought I would have a couple of pounds off each week. Am still going to push forward on this diet because i don't feel hungry and I am eating alot healthy. My sugars have gone right down already. So it's all positive. Thanks everyone. Hugs

Back