I need help !!!

Keen75

Hi all!! I can't seem to get my head in the right place to do this diet!! I start with good intentions and by about 3pm I'm cramming as much carb loaded food in my mouth as possible!!! I did the Cambridge last year and got to my goal weight and have managed to put all of my weight back on since feb of this year !! So that's 3 stone on in 5 months !!! It's making me so unhappy !!! Any tips on sticking to this once and for all ???? Please ?? Xx thank you :0(

Hey i wouldnt beat urself up about it...take a few days off have a good blow out, get it all out ur system n set urself a start date and stick to it. Jus think how u felt when u lost the weight last time n how u can feel like that agen in a matter of a few weeks. Im so bad at diets and fail at them all. Im now on day 4 n 6lb down and over the worst of it. I want to be slim more than i want to be fat so i just think of that evrytime my mind wanders.
Good luck!! Xxx

Start Weight - 15.11
Week 1 -

Thank u for your fab response !! I had a major blow out over the weekend so back to it today !!! Well done on ur loss so far !! I'm hoping that will be me in a few days !!! Xx

Try breaking it down into smaller goals. I know how you feel having put it back on, but I decided I could either continue to punish myself, or learn what went wrong and avoid doing it again.

It seems ages away to get to goal, so I'm going to break it down to achievable goals that'll give me a boost when I reach them, and reward myself for doing it.

Why not give yourself a reward every day you're 100%? Say put a fiver in a pot for every day you do it, and then after the week go and get a beauty treatment or buy some bubble bath. Something to spoil yourself and make yourself feel special.

Thanks funny farm !! Great idea !! I am just on my 2nd shake... and trying not to think about the food I am currently cooking for the kids !! :0)

Was doing so well .... Then a little bit of stress turned me to food !!! OMG !! What is my problem ? Back to it again in the morning.... If only I could get 1 day under my belt!!... It's so frustrating !!!:0(

Hey :) im on day 15 of slim and save today, ive restarted this diet so many times but then got sick of it and decided enough is enough, all the yummy food will still be there once this diet is finished, its not going anywhere so just start tomorrow and get it over and done with, you will feel so much better, good luck x

Great post diembroadhurst!

diembroadhurst said:
Perhaps you need to write down why exactly you want to loose weight - and be really very specific on an emotional level what those reasons mean to you at the same time - write down exactly how you feel when you fail in your objective for the day, how do you feel about yourself, the diet, how do you think others view you? When you are looking down the barrel of the biscuit kind take a time out to sit with a glass of water, or a cup of tea/coffee and read through your lists. Don't allow yourself to succombe to the food you crave until you have sipped all your water or drunk your hot drink and read through your reasons for wanting to loose weight and how you feel when you fail to stick to the plan. Ensure when you wake up in the morning you tell yourself exactly what you are committing to do today. At the end of the day if you stuck to it congratulate yourself, congratulate yourself through the day for every meal you stick to and for every craving you battle against. If the craving gets too much, pack up yourself and any children and your water bottle and leave the house, go for a walk, go to the park anything to get away from the cupboards, do not take cash with you - just get out of the places that food is calling you.

For these first few days you are going to have to dig deep and stop sabotaging yourself. Just because you regained weight doesn't mean you are going to do it again - you didn't fail - you successfully lost weight and got to goal - you know you can do this. The only thing you failed to do was change the habits that put you overweight before you did your vlc diet - you have learn the hard way - but actually the vlc diet is the easy part - you proved that already. Now just focus on what will be different next time, after you have gotten to goal - how will you do things differently. You have to believe you can do this - if you always do what you always did you'll get the same result, so change things, do it - one day at a time for now.

I agree with diembroadhurst- good advice.

First be kind to yourself, this is tough, cooking for kids, living, being surround by food and advertising conspire to make this losing weight business a real challenge. But it can be done.

I am more and more convinced that this diet and losing weight generally is more about getting your head in the right place than anything else. So where do you want to be and why do you want to be there rather than where you are now?

And if you can endure some discomfort you can achieve any goal.

It's really worth being clear about what you want and why you want it. Be clear then spend some time thinking about what it will feel like when you have achieved it. And as advised above - how are you going to do today differently ? It might be just finding a better way to do 3-6pm?

Small bite size pieces are easier - can a goal be simply to do a week, get into ketosis and say good bye to hunger? When I started my goal was a week - amazingly I did it then tackled a goal of just four weeks. Then I had a lost a stone, felt amazing and the effects carried me on for the next eight months and beyond.

One thing I learnt quite early - it might help you, was that I could survive being hungry. Nothing terrible happened, it usually passed, a bottle of fizzy water cured nearly everything and then that was another day done. We are beautifully conditioned from birth to respond to hunger. If we don't respond - its fine but generally we have never learnt to take the risk. We have learnt to eat to avoid any risk of hunger, any time, any place.

Once you get in to it - three or four days but longer if you have overdosed on carbs, - it really does get easier. The hunger goes, remember? The focus becomes bowels, weight loss, changing fit of clothes and amazingly feeling so good because at last YOU are in control again, not the b****** food.

I think it takes two weeks to learn any new habit, Exante is a new habit. It does get much easier and it works.

So good luck

GSQ

Couple of brilliant posts there!

Remember one of the key things of this diet? Habit. We all have danger times where we reach for food. The diet helps us break out of habits we've been locked into.

Try at least delaying it when you're going to cave. Give yourself an hour, get through the next hour, and then if you still need to eat you can. If you find after that hour you don't want to eat, then that's fantastic! If you do, you've still achieved your mini goal of that moment. Usually if you can get through that hour, the craving will have gone.

Thank u all for some really fabulous posts.... I unfortunately had a few family problems and stress makes me eat so I obviously failed again !! Back to it today on day 1 ... So far so good !! I'm going to try and take all of your advice and c how I go !! Thank you again x

Good luck for day 1 xx

Start Weight - 15.11 (BMI 34.6)
Week 1 - 15.2 (33.2)
Week 2 - 15.0 (32.8)
Total Loss - 11lb

Thanks xkimmyRx
Day one nearly done... Just has my 3rd shake of the day .... Not feeling too bad ... Your losses are fab... I'm hoping that wil be me in a couple of days !! :0)

It will be! Just get to your first weigh in cos after that its a breeze xx

Start Weight - 15.11 (BMI 34.6)
Week 1 - 15.2 (33.2)
Week 2 - 15.0 (32.8)
Total Loss - 11lb

I find distraction is the best cure for hunger! When I feel tempted I'll either do the washing up (boring I know) or have a bath and read my book. For the first week you really are in a bit of a war with your own head telling you that you need that slice of toast or you can get away with one bag of crisps but as other people have said on here it really is only for a few months max, by then you'll have learnt to eat only what you need and then treats can be just that (rather than a daily occurrence as it was for me). Keep going, you really can do this and you'll look and feel incredible in just a couple of weeks and then you'll be in the swing of it! Good luck lovely xx

Back