I Need Help.

Charisma

Silver Member
I woke up in a good mood this morning cause i just feel good about myself doing my healtyh eating... but as the hours have gone by i been feeling more down... the reason is because everyone on here is doing really good diets and loosing so much weight (well done everyone :D) i just need some help basicaly to know if my healthy eating is any good.
i will give you a typical food diary of a day.....

Morning - porridge oats, semi skim milk, plain, no sugar

lunch - either sandwhich with cheese spread and ham or 1 boiled egg and 1 slice bread with marg

dinner - chilli con carni with mixed veg

ionly really snack on fruit and i only drink either tea (nosugar) or water through the day

Have you put this in the right section? this is the w8 forum which is largely meal replacement or zero carbs. Hope you get an answer soon anyway hun. Jane. x

I have moved this thread into General Weight Loss Discussion.

Charisma, i am not an expert, or a big loser (yet) but i know what you are feeling. I have recently swapped to a really healthy diet, but it seems really annoying that it is not working fast. I think maybe just give it time, let your body get used to the new lifestyle, and maybe start walking more? Late night walks do my busy head a world of good!

Sorry i dont have anything useful to say, but just keep your resolve, we are all here for you!

xx
Tyn

Hey, Charisma. Don't get down hearted, just take each day one at a time, it will happen, you look to be doing all the right things. A tip I learned years ago was to measure yourself, waist, hips, thighs, arms with string, some weeks even if you haven't lost weight you might have lost inches. All of us know what to do, but doing it is another matter, this site has been helping me a lot to stay on track. Keep up the good work.

charisma have you cut down the portion size as i know alot of my problem was i was having a huge plateful and since i seriously decided to go on healthy eating ive cut my portions pretty much in half id say if i was thinking about it. perseverance is the name of the healthy eating game

I woke up in a good mood this morning cause i just feel good about myself doing my healtyh eating...

Charisma this is the perfect way to wake up and it is a gift as you know you are in harmony with yourself.

but as the hours have gone by i been feeling more down... the reason is because everyone on here is doing really good diets and loosing so much weight (well done everyone :D)

We are all here doing our best to lose weight and some of us have found the plan to suit while others are still searching.

The more weight you have to lose the bigger the losses will be at the beginning but as you come closer to your own natural body weight it will slow down.

eating is any good.
i will give you a typical food diary of a day.....

Morning - porridge oats, semi skim milk, plain, no sugar

lunch - either sandwhich with cheese spread and ham or 1 boiled egg and 1 slice bread with marg

dinner - chilli con carni with mixed veg

ionly really snack on fruit and i only drink either tea (nosugar) or water through the day

Your menu is very good and the only two things regarding your menu I would look at your portion size and if you eat white bread I would swap it for whole-grain.

Portion size is one of my own main problems:eek:

To help visualize what a portion size looks like here are a couple of basics that come to mind.

Pasta or cooked rice is about the size of a - scoop of ice cream or half a cup.

Meat, fish or poultry is the size of a - deck of cards or the size of the palm of your hand.

1 slice of whole- grain bread - an index card

1 Pancake - about the size of a compact disc

Teaspoon of peanut butter - thumb tip

Serving of cheese - pair of six dice.

Steamed rice - is a cupcake wrapper

Mashed Potatoes - 1/2 cup or the size of a computer mouse

1 medium fruit - size of a tennis ball

1tablespoon.......................................A tea bag

1 teaspoon.........................................A thimble

1 cup............................................... .A fist or a baseball

1/4 cup.............................................A large egg

Snacks and Desserts..........................Think of

1 ounce of chips................................A medium-size handful

1 three-inch piece of cake...................A small stack of business cards

1 cup of ice cream.............................A baseball

(baseball is slightly bigger than a tennis ball)

1 ounce of nuts................................One Ping-Pong ball or a small child's handful

If anyone has any handy sizes please add to this list:)

You could also try the Diet Plate - that might help with portions sizes

I'll echo everyone else about portion control! I no weat off my 3yr olds dinner plate and am finding I'm satisfied rather than bloated after each meal! I was horrified when I realised I was eating 3 times the amount of cereal in the morning than I should have been! And pasta/rice portions...don't even go there...lol! :$!!

im the same irishmum, i swopped the large plate for a small plate and is amazing the change in the amount i was eating and i dont feel hard done by

this meal you mensioned charisma sounds like the kind of meal i have when i'm not on a diet, but dont worry im a size 12-14 :) im in a bit of a situation myself because i have alot of flab on my belly which ive had for 3 years now i did lose quite a bit last year by not eating snacks for 3 months but i didnt realise i had lost weight because i was ill and ive gained it since then, now i eat fruit mainly for breakfast and lunch although i have the odd sandwich now and again or ceareal which is weatabix, so far ive managed to lose 7 or 8 pounds in 7 or 8 weeks but i still havent noticed it yet!

ahh thanks for all your responces... i think my biggest problem is portions sizes. i have changed what i eat just not really cut down sizes. Dinner being the main one i need to cut down alot on i think. compared to my old diet i think i have done well so far... im guessin when you cut the portions down that you get used to bein hungry alot?? :p
but tomoro it has been a week since i started so going to gym to weigh myself as i dont have my own scales. im not hoping for much because like u say i have been having full portions... but next week i will have to give it full 100% :D:D
feeling so much better now :)

good luck charisma and let us know how the weight in goes

I'll echo everyone else about portion control! I no weat off my 3yr olds dinner plate and am finding I'm satisfied rather than bloated after each meal! I was horrified when I realised I was eating 3 times the amount of cereal in the morning than I should have been! And pasta/rice portions...don't even go there...lol! :$!!
This is one thing that worries me. I've been losing weight so I guess I'm doing something right, but when I look at the recommended amount of cereal to eat, I just don't think that would keep me going until lunch. I don't snack in the mornings, so maybe it balances there, but would I be better eating the recommended cereal and then having some fruit mid-morning, or does it not really matter?

Back