I need motivational words and help please

shezam

Silver Member
I'm stuck in a rut here. Been on slimming world since January, lost 1stone so far. I seem to do ok, then have 1 weekend/night out which then culminates in a take away the next day and I can't seem to pull it back. I've got stuck in a rut of eating crap friday/saturday and sunday then going synfree for 3 days till weigh in. It's doing my head in and just not working anymore.

My problem is the weekends/nights out/birthdays/weddings. I can't seem to get back on it or draw that line. Take this Friday for example, i've got a wedding at night time. What does everyone do? Go syn free before and after? forget about it and just give myself 90 syns for the week instead of 105? To be fair, there isn't any point in saying make the best choices cos i'm not afan of diet juice and once i've had a drink or 2 all best choices go out the window.

I've also got into a rut that red days are better because of no carbs so as of tomorrow i'm going back to basics with a week of extra easy. Apart from Friday, i'm not sure what i'm going to do then.

Please help, i only have more weigh ins till my holiday. Thank you x

Wow so much information and stress in your post!

so there are two things going on, your weekends and the wedding/social events.

first the weekend, you need to break the Friday off plan/excess syns leading to Saturday, leading to Sunday and 'new start' Monday, we've all been there so don't think you're alone cause your not. Planning is the key I assume Friday is your main night out. So find out how many syns in your drinks and kebab/takeaway/chippy then you know what your working with, you could try having weekly syns and use most of them on Friday. Plan for Saturday, breakfast, you can have a nice 'fry up' SW friendly and make a fake away tea, repeat for Sunday.

i know it sounds easy, but it's not, just make small chances at a time and eventually it will get easier:D

Okie dokies the the wedding, I always eat beforehand that way I'm not tempted to have high syn buffet foods, I do have a few glasses of wine though!!!

I too know how difficult those situations can be to handle and get back onto plan afterwards....but...sounds like it has to be done for your upcoming holiday.
Personally, to pull it back I get back to basics, eat simple for a few days (never hungry but go for good choices of filling free & super free foods whenever possible and I always have some syns (chocolate) or I couldn't do it. It is the weekly weigh in ahead that keeps me heading the right way.

I know my post is very negative and it's not like me. I'm annoyed with myself for getting in such a rut. My holiday was the reason I started this journey in January and i'm annoyed i've lost so little. Anyways, Friday... im going to only drink vodka and diet mixer and i have no time to eat beforehand so i'm going to try and choose wisely at the buffet. Easier said than done.

Back to basics for me this week, well apart from Friday. It's been so long since i've done an extra easy day the idea of having potatoes and meat on my plate is playing in the back of my head. I know it works though.

Thanks guys x

My post wasn't a criticism, perhaps I should have said desperate, you sound much brighter today though!!!

I got to target having mainly green days & would rarely have EE days but now I enjoy them, it's the 1/3 superfree which is 'worrying' sometimes, but it seems to be working.

You could try just one or two EE days a week.;)

I stick with Extra Easy and it's really working for me but it works for some people and not others, it's all about experimenting.

As for navigating through things like Weddings, Birthdays etc. I think the SW website has some guides on buffets on minimising Syn intake, things like give the Sausage rolls a swerve but look at the cold meats etc.
Also, you mention going out drinking, what kinds of things do you drink when you are out?
Have you tried the "sandwich" or "every other" method by having one normal alcoholic drink then changing to a soft, syn-free drink for the next then back to alcohol?
Longer drinks can also temper your alcohol intake if you feel you really rack up Syns on a night out.

Back