I need some motivation & advice

julie19

Silver Member
Hi Everyone - I need some help & advice please. I got to target in August last year, up until Christmas all was fine but since then I don't seem to have the motivation anymore, I am still going to class each week but I don't have the (insert word here for me please - can't think of one) to keep sticking to it week after week. We have a holiday booked for the end of September that I want to stay slim for but that seems so far away at the moment it isn't giving me the motivation. Is this a normal getting to target thing & if so how do I get through it? I am trying really hard this week, have planned (which I haven't for the last few weeks and that has not helped) and am doing original & green success express days only.

Sorry for wittering on but you guys are so good at giving the swift kicks we all need!

You don't seem to have your SW mojo? :p

First of all CONGRATS on your massive achievement! Wow look how far you have come and getting to target is AMAZING!

I fear the maintaining bit too. Tho its wayyyy off for me yet lol. Maybe it could be a motivational idea to look back at how you looked before your weight loss journey. As we all know it is SO easy to pile on the pounds without realising and just think you'd be undoing all of your hard work if you didn't follow the plan. Why not go back to basics and take baby steps on having 100% on plan days. As your not trying to lose weight and just maintain it must be hard to keep motivated as your not seeing the scales go down which in itself is a reward for us. Each 100% week you could reward your fantastic self with something like a new song from Itunes, or CD if you dont download. Maybe this could be expensive if you buy things like this but ya get my drift.

Well done on planning your week out. Hope you have a much better and positive week this week xxx {{{{{hugs}}}}

Hey Julie

It sounds like you are bored! I take it your current target is to just stick to your target weight? Why not start a new challenge, like an exercise challenge "be able to walk x miles in x amount of time by x day" or something?

Sorry I'm nowhere near target so not sure what else to suggest, but I defo think you need something new to work towards!

I do need a challenge but I am not sure what - I thrive on challenges & I thought the stopping smoking & still maintaining would be enough but it isn't, I have thought about adjusting my target to lose another 7 pounds but everyone has had a go at me for losing so much to start with I don't think I could cope with their objections!

Back