i need something that will blow my work mates away

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by shorty1981, 25 February 2010 Social URL.

1. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hi every1 i want to take something in for my birthday and want somthing that does not look like a sw recipe but is something that is low in syns but not to worried about it and something with a topping lol hope im not asking to much ne ideas ne1? xx:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. solsticediva

solsticediva Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hmm, why not make the carrot cake in the mag?

4. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    hmm i could do is it the latest mag? u know march/april

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Someone else was posting about the carrot cake a few days and gave the recipe so you could do a search if you don't already have the magazine.

Have a look on the recipe section of the website as there are dessert recipes there or check out the baked cheesecake recipe on BritMum's blog.

Slimming Eats

6. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks very much just looked at this and looks lovely

7. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I have a low syn chocolate Brownie recipe, you could make this then fill it or top it a white choc & raspberry options sachet mixed with 1/2 tub of quark, the filling is only 2 syns per sachet, the cake is only 2.5 syns per serving.

Low Syn Chocolate Brownies

Cake serves 24 = 2.5 syns per piece

Ingredients:

3 eggs - separated
    4 oz Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
    200g Very low fat yoghurt
    1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
    175g Self Raising Flour
    75g Chocolate Options

Method:
    Preheat oven to 190c/Fan 170c/375f/Gas 5, brush a 30 x 20cm tin with oil or line with non stick baking paper. Mix egg yolks, sugar, yoghurt & oil together, sift in the flour & options & stir until smooth.

Whisk egg whites to soft peaks, add a spoonful to the mix and stir well to loosen the mix, gently fold in the rest, pour into the tin & bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

On the SW website is a recipe for Spanish orange cake which looks rather nice. The SW cheesecakes aren't so bad either, although I always use extra biscuits because the base is nowhere near big enough!

9. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i would definitely recommend the cheesecake, i made a strawberry one, and it was lovely, my OH ate the whole thing over a few days xx

10. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    these all sound lovely i will des be trying the brownie 1. is that free? i mean is the brown splenda free? i know the other sweetners are free just dont know about this 1 thanks

11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you look at the top it says 2.5 syns per brownie, based on getting 24 from the recipe ( I don't imagine they will be very big unfortunately). Brown splenda has syns in it by the way.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.