i need something that will blow my work mates away

shorty1981

hi every1 i want to take something in for my birthday and want somthing that does not look like a sw recipe but is something that is low in syns but not to worried about it and something with a topping lol hope im not asking to much ne ideas ne1? xx:eek:

hmm, why not make the carrot cake in the mag?

Someone else was posting about the carrot cake a few days and gave the recipe so you could do a search if you don't already have the magazine.

Have a look on the recipe section of the website as there are dessert recipes there or check out the baked cheesecake recipe on BritMum's blog.

Slimming Eats

I have a low syn chocolate Brownie recipe, you could make this then fill it or top it a white choc & raspberry options sachet mixed with 1/2 tub of quark, the filling is only 2 syns per sachet, the cake is only 2.5 syns per serving.

Low Syn Chocolate Brownies

Cake serves 24 = 2.5 syns per piece

Ingredients:

3 eggs - separated
4 oz Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
200g Very low fat yoghurt
1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
175g Self Raising Flour
75g Chocolate Options

Method:
Preheat oven to 190c/Fan 170c/375f/Gas 5, brush a 30 x 20cm tin with oil or line with non stick baking paper. Mix egg yolks, sugar, yoghurt & oil together, sift in the flour & options & stir until smooth.

Whisk egg whites to soft peaks, add a spoonful to the mix and stir well to loosen the mix, gently fold in the rest, pour into the tin & bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool

On the SW website is a recipe for Spanish orange cake which looks rather nice. The SW cheesecakes aren't so bad either, although I always use extra biscuits because the base is nowhere near big enough!

i would definitely recommend the cheesecake, i made a strawberry one, and it was lovely, my OH ate the whole thing over a few days xx

these all sound lovely i will des be trying the brownie 1. is that free? i mean is the brown splenda free? i know the other sweetners are free just dont know about this 1 thanks

If you look at the top it says 2.5 syns per brownie, based on getting 24 from the recipe ( I don't imagine they will be very big unfortunately). Brown splenda has syns in it by the way.

Back