I need to be curvy and sexy, not fat and frumpy!

Good luck with sw and keep up the zumba its a great fun way to exercise and you can do it in the privacy of your own home

Thank you :)

Hows the cooking coming on - I made diet coke chicken for tea and I was very surprised how nice it was and simple!

What day are you weighing in on? xx

I might have to try that :) I've never cooked meat in coke before but I have heard about it! I can't imagine what it would taste like though!

I made a nice meat-heavy chicken casserole couple of nights ago and tonight I've made 4 giant portions of honeyed spicy carrot soup (less than 1 syn per giant portion, from the small amount of honey added only).

I've got a few portions of syn free beef casserole in the pressure cooker in the moment (you can tell I like my lazy pre-cooked home-made meals right?!) and loads of Joe's meat products to use up over the next few days, so once I'm through all the fresh stuff I'll start picking at the prepared meals in the freezer, when I'm feeling lazy :) at least once they are there I have no excuse to say "well, I can't be bothered cooking, so let's have a takeaway!".

I started the diet on Tuesday, so I guess that should probably be my weigh in day :)

Had a bit of a rough day today emotionally/hormonally. Nothing major, just self-sabotaging thoughts. I wrote about it a little in my food diary. Luckily I've managed to stick within the confines of the plan.

Hey,

Thank you for your response, ellen.

I've had emotional/psychological issues since childhood - I think a lot of it is down to bullying. I was bullied every year of my school life from the age of 4. Comfort eating became a vicious cycle.

Congratulations on your weight loss, 2 stone is an amazing achievement :) I've never been slim before either - because of that, I don't know how slim I can possibly be! I'll be ecstatic if I can be a size 14-16. I know that's a bit bigger than most people aim for on this board but I would be over the moon with that.

And congratulations on your wedding too! You're on the right track, I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride :) FWIW, I can empathise with not wanting to be a fat bride - I'm in a long term relationship and the way I feel at the moment, even if my partner did propose, I don't know if I could say yes because my immediate reaction would be "Oh god, I can't have a wedding, not like this, not with all eyes on me, not when I'm this huge!". Sometimes it's just such all-consuming thoughts.

Thanks again for your reply :)

I know what you mean, I was bullied too. Kids are evil. For me I had many of my family always talking about me trying to lose weight from an early age...was always you'll lose the puppy fat until it wasn't puppy fat and it just gives you a complex. Was undergoing tests for PCOS before I fell pregnant with my first and they found my hormones were off and then with breastfeeding, then having a second and now still breastfeeding I haven't been able to pursue it, but it's not prevented me being able to have kiddies so that's a plus.

I think I will be happy at a 14, but we shall see what happens when I get there. I'm hoping to get my 10% this coming week and then my next biggish target is to get to 16st which is the weight I was when I met OH. I want to get there by my birthday this year (July) which is easily doable, would like it by June or before but we shall see.

Have you got a first target?

I know what you mean about being all consuming but with SW being a lifestyle change I can for the first time see a slimmer future for myself and it's not an 'if' I lose the weight, it's just about how long it takes me!

My weigh in day is a Weds, Have a good week and I'm sure you'll have a great loss!

I know what you mean, I was bullied too. Kids are evil. For me I had many of my family always talking about me trying to lose weight from an early age...was always you'll lose the puppy fat until it wasn't puppy fat and it just gives you a complex. Was undergoing tests for PCOS before I fell pregnant with my first and they found my hormones were off and then with breastfeeding, then having a second and now still breastfeeding I haven't been able to pursue it, but it's not prevented me being able to have kiddies so that's a plus.

I think I will be happy at a 14, but we shall see what happens when I get there. I'm hoping to get my 10% this coming week and then my next biggish target is to get to 16st which is the weight I was when I met OH. I want to get there by my birthday this year (July) which is easily doable, would like it by June or before but we shall see.

Have you got a first target?

I know what you mean about being all consuming but with SW being a lifestyle change I can for the first time see a slimmer future for myself and it's not an 'if' I lose the weight, it's just about how long it takes me!

My weigh in day is a Weds, Have a good week and I'm sure you'll have a great loss!

Oh I know exactly what you mean, I've always had it from family too. On one hand they've always been incredibly supportive of me, but on the other the pressure to lose weight/diet/etc has been there since childhood. I was visiting dieticians from the age of 4-5 until my teens. I know it was for the right reasons - my mother was (and is still) concerned about my health and wellbeing. But I know she has the best of intentions and just wants me to be happy. Sometimes the little comments hurt though, "you're such a pretty girl... if you lost a bit of weight..." - I've heard them so many times that nowadays they just go in one ear and out the other, I became numb to it. But like I said, I know it's from the best of intentions so I don't hold it against them.

I've been thinking about going to have another blood test regarding PCOS. I had a blood test and a scan years ago which led to my GP diagnosing me with PCOS, but the various hormonal imbalances he mentioned were never fully addressed and cysts weren't found during the external scan - so I'm a little concerned that perhaps the hormonal imbalance has another cause. I've got a much better GP now and I know he'll be more thorough, but I have a terrible phobia of needles. The first (and last) time I had a blood test for PCOS I ended up being doped up on a high dose of diazepam and still ended up with panic attacks, screaming, crying and all the rest. So it's certainly not something I'm looking forward to, but I think perhaps it might be a good idea considering the differences between my old and new GP.

I'll be honest, I can't imagine being a size 14. I don't really know what my targets should be - the numbers are just so big that I don't even know where to start :cry: I feel like if I lose 5 lbs, it's not a huge achievement because there's so far to go. I think even when I lose a stone or two I'll still think that way... I know the little losses add up, but it's just such a long journey, it feels like it will never happen.

Good luck with your 10% next week, I hope you make it :)

Rita you just have to think, each and every single lb all add up and go toward your target! don't let it put you off I'm sure you will do fine and reach a target you are happy about! I know some people take their target 1 stone at a time? so don't set a final target just take it a stone at a time until you are happy with your weight? or a dress size at a time?

good glad to hear it! to be honest, with me, I just dont find the time to go on zumba or anything with having a 5 month old, she is as much of a handful as I can handle at the minute!

I know EXACTLY what you mean, I have a crazy 3 yo and a 10.5 month old who was crawling at 4 months and has been walking since 9 months s literally don't stop.

Hows the cooking coming on - I made diet coke chicken for tea and I was very surprised how nice it was and simple!

What day are you weighing in on? xx

I think I may need to hunt for the recipe, My wi is weds, what about you guys?

Oh I know exactly what you mean, I've always had it from family too. On one hand they've always been incredibly supportive of me, but on the other the pressure to lose weight/diet/etc has been there since childhood. I was visiting dieticians from the age of 4-5 until my teens. I know it was for the right reasons - my mother was (and is still) concerned about my health and wellbeing. But I know she has the best of intentions and just wants me to be happy. Sometimes the little comments hurt though, "you're such a pretty girl... if you lost a bit of weight..." - I've heard them so many times that nowadays they just go in one ear and out the other, I became numb to it. But like I said, I know it's from the best of intentions so I don't hold it against them.

I've been thinking about going to have another blood test regarding PCOS. I had a blood test and a scan years ago which led to my GP diagnosing me with PCOS, but the various hormonal imbalances he mentioned were never fully addressed and cysts weren't found during the external scan - so I'm a little concerned that perhaps the hormonal imbalance has another cause. I've got a much better GP now and I know he'll be more thorough, but I have a terrible phobia of needles. The first (and last) time I had a blood test for PCOS I ended up being doped up on a high dose of diazepam and still ended up with panic attacks, screaming, crying and all the rest. So it's certainly not something I'm looking forward to, but I think perhaps it might be a good idea considering the differences between my old and new GP.

I'll be honest, I can't imagine being a size 14. I don't really know what my targets should be - the numbers are just so big that I don't even know where to start :cry: I feel like if I lose 5 lbs, it's not a huge achievement because there's so far to go. I think even when I lose a stone or two I'll still think that way... I know the little losses add up, but it's just such a long journey, it feels like it will never happen.

Good luck with your 10% next week, I hope you make it :)

Sounds like our families were singing off the same hymn sheet lol.

I had an internal scan an cysts couldn't be found but they said they can come and go, but they were going to start looking at my glands as had some really high readings on certain hormones. Will look into again after I stop breastfeeding.

As for needles, I don't like 'em either but have had to just get over it as during both pregnancies was a human pin cushion.

As for having trouble visualising, it's really hard, especially as we've never been in that position before but I have found a few things to help me, 1)Reading other peoples stories with a similar starting weight, let me know it was possible, 2)Accepting that its not an immediate thing and it will take time but as long as it takes the end result WILL be worth it and 3)People underestimate how much 1lbs actually weights, or 1/2 stone... get something that weighs that to give you a physical example, really will help, I realised the other day that I have lost more than my youngest weighs which I've done in less then 3 months, and I am now looking at my toddler thinking I will have lost more than he weighs soon.

It is really daunting but I find it helps by going a stone at a time, so I started at 19st 11, my first goal was to get to 18 something, sounded so much nicer then 19 something, now I'm working on getting to 17 something again sounds so much better than 18 something... I know you will get there you really will and you're no alone. Meeting lots of smaller targets makes for a much better positive attitude then working towards 1 big one. It 's not going to happen overnight but with the right attitude (and eating/exercise) It will happen.

So what is your first Mini goal going to be? When is your weigh?

wow 4 months crawling? I thought mine was advanced haha she was always advanced but she's slowed down now, got a tooth at 3 months! now she's struggling to cut about another 4 at the same time! was wanting to be on her feet all the time so thought she would do other stuff quick but she doesn't haha

wow 4 months crawling? I thought mine was advanced haha she was always advanced but she's slowed down now, got a tooth at 3 months! now she's struggling to cut about another 4 at the same time! was wanting to be on her feet all the time so thought she would do other stuff quick but she doesn't haha

They all catch up in the end. Miles has wanted to walk since he came out, think he's just trying to get away from his older brother lol. We actually thought he would be walking sooner as he was pulling himself up from 6 months. I was an early walker at 8 months, his brother walked just after 10 months. Maybe my kids are just trying to get away from me lol.

Miles has only just started sleeping a bit better, he averaged at feeding every 2 hours... its only recently (literally the last week or so) that he is now managing 4-5 hours. Read somewhere that sleeping helps you lose weight, not sure if this is just because you can't eat when you sleep lol but that's what I'm blaming he he...

Rita you just have to think, each and every single lb all add up and go toward your target! don't let it put you off I'm sure you will do fine and reach a target you are happy about! I know some people take their target 1 stone at a time? so don't set a final target just take it a stone at a time until you are happy with your weight? or a dress size at a time?

Thanks RosaxEx, I know you're right, it's just difficult to stay in that optimistic mindframe sometimes. I think I'll definitely do my targets one stone at a time, gives me something achievable to aim for and should be well paced as well. Thank you.

Haha Rrr bless him, when faith was first born she wouldn't sleep of a night stall though not one single minute until she went in her cot at 5 weeks she still has bad nights but doesn't have night feeds now and goes to bed at 630, that's when i get my tea, having it so late probably doesn't help me

Sounds like our families were singing off the same hymn sheet lol.

I had an internal scan an cysts couldn't be found but they said they can come and go, but they were going to start looking at my glands as had some really high readings on certain hormones. Will look into again after I stop breastfeeding.

As for needles, I don't like 'em either but have had to just get over it as during both pregnancies was a human pin cushion.

As for having trouble visualising, it's really hard, especially as we've never been in that position before but I have found a few things to help me, 1)Reading other peoples stories with a similar starting weight, let me know it was possible, 2)Accepting that its not an immediate thing and it will take time but as long as it takes the end result WILL be worth it and 3)People underestimate how much 1lbs actually weights, or 1/2 stone... get something that weighs that to give you a physical example, really will help, I realised the other day that I have lost more than my youngest weighs which I've done in less then 3 months, and I am now looking at my toddler thinking I will have lost more than he weighs soon.

It is really daunting but I find it helps by going a stone at a time, so I started at 19st 11, my first goal was to get to 18 something, sounded so much nicer then 19 something, now I'm working on getting to 17 something again sounds so much better than 18 something... I know you will get there you really will and you're no alone. Meeting lots of smaller targets makes for a much better positive attitude then working towards 1 big one. It 's not going to happen overnight but with the right attitude (and eating/exercise) It will happen.

So what is your first Mini goal going to be? When is your weigh?

Yes, I had the same results regarding abnormally high hormones, it was definitely multiple hormones too - that's part of the reason why I feel like my old GP didn't really address the issue properly or come to a full diagnosis. I think I'm going to have to try "man up" and deal with this phobia of needles to get a blood test done again.

Thank you for all your advice, I'm going to save those numbered points you made and keep them all in mind. They really helped a lot.

Congratulations on your losses so far, you've achieved so much :)

I'll definitely go with the smaller targets and take RosaxEx's suggestion of aiming for one stone at a time.

I started the diet on Tuesday but signed up to SW online last Saturday, so it has been asking me to weigh in today. I want to wait until Tuesday until I "officially" weigh in, but I had a little peek this morning and have lost 4lbs :) I wasn't expecting it at all and it definitely gave me a boost today. When I went out to pick up some Scan Bran and ended up walking past Thorntons I just kept chanting "4lbs, 4lbs, 4lbs" in my head :D I just hope the 4lbs are still gone when I weigh in for real on Tues!

Yes, I had the same results regarding abnormally high hormones, it was definitely multiple hormones too - that's part of the reason why I feel like my old GP didn't really address the issue properly or come to a full diagnosis. I think I'm going to have to try "man up" and deal with this phobia of needles to get a blood test done again.

Thank you for all your advice, I'm going to save those numbered points you made and keep them all in mind. They really helped a lot.

Congratulations on your losses so far, you've achieved so much :)

I'll definitely go with the smaller targets and take RosaxEx's suggestion of aiming for one stone at a time.

I started the diet on Tuesday but signed up to SW online last Saturday, so it has been asking me to weigh in today. I want to wait until Tuesday until I "officially" weigh in, but I had a little peek this morning and have lost 4lbs :) I wasn't expecting it at all and it definitely gave me a boost today. When I went out to pick up some Scan Bran and ended up walking past Thorntons I just kept chanting "4lbs, 4lbs, 4lbs" in my head :D I just hope the 4lbs are still gone when I weigh in for real on Tues!

4lbs is ace and hopefully by Tuesday it should be more. Well done for resisting Thorntons.

how you getting on Rita?

Pretty good, thanks RosaxEx :) I appreciate you checking in on me! Had a migraine this morning, haven't had one for months and months so it was a bit out of the blue - I was up at 6am but ended up dozing on and off until nearly midday because of the pain! So I skipped breakfast due to sleep and ended up having some syn-free chips for lunch since the other half had thoughtfully peeled and chopped some potatoes and left them in the fridge for me :) Bless him.

Not so superfree, but I made up for it with tonnes of fruit this afternoon!

I also started writing a Blog today. I figured the little bits of opening up in my food diary thread were quite therapeutic, so maybe if I keep rambling about this stuff I usually bottle up I'll feel a bit better for it :)

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning!

oh I hate migraines! a few years ago I used to get about 4 a week, was going to the neurologist and everything to try and find out what it was, stupid hormones I worked out myself! So i just get 1 a month now, not so bad haha

good luck tomorrow!

oh I hate migraines! a few years ago I used to get about 4 a week, was going to the neurologist and everything to try and find out what it was, stupid hormones I worked out myself! So i just get 1 a month now, not so bad haha

good luck tomorrow!

Thanks RosaxEx, weighed this morning and the total loss for the first week was 5lbs :)

Thanks RosaxEx, weighed this morning and the total loss for the first week was 5lbs :)

Was just going to ask how you got on. WELL DONE!!!! That's a FANTASTIC start. Are you happy with that, you should be. Just think, next week you should get 2lbs easy and that's half a stone!!!!:D:D

Hi hun that's a brilliant loss and it will continue :)

I'm doing slimming world from home and lots of Zumba too. It really does work. Do you have a diary? I've got one in the diary section and I find it really helpful, mine is called the diary of where I'm going if you fancy having a peek. I know it's a struggle and I know first hand just how difficult it is and I can relate to alot of what you say. It's so worth it though. I have days when I can't quite believe how far I've come then I get the days when I'm overwhelmed by how far I've got to go.

Anyway well done on that amazing loss. I find googling images of what 5lb of body far looks like often helps! Here's a pic :) xxxx

Attachments

• image-2851294169.jpg
    image-2851294169.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 39
Back