I need to be curvy and sexy, not fat and frumpy!

Was just going to ask how you got on. WELL DONE!!!! That's a FANTASTIC start. Are you happy with that, you should be. Just think, next week you should get 2lbs easy and that's half a stone!!!!:D:D

I'm very happy with it, I'm just a little scared because I know that the first week or two are usually the biggest losses and I'm not looking forward to the 1/2-1lb per week losses! That's when I've become disheartened in the past. I need to keep chanting "every little pound is one pound closer to my goal!", or as Tesco says "every little helps"! Hehe.

Wow Rita that's amazing go you!!

Thank you :)

Hi hun that's a brilliant loss and it will continue :)

I'm doing slimming world from home and lots of Zumba too. It really does work. Do you have a diary? I've got one in the diary section and I find it really helpful, mine is called the diary of where I'm going if you fancy having a peek. I know it's a struggle and I know first hand just how difficult it is and I can relate to alot of what you say. It's so worth it though. I have days when I can't quite believe how far I've come then I get the days when I'm overwhelmed by how far I've got to go.

Anyway well done on that amazing loss. I find googling images of what 5lb of body far looks like often helps! Here's a pic :) xxxx

Hi slimsarah,

I do have a food diary, the link is in my signature :) I've also started a blog to deal with the more emotional side of dieting/being overweight, but I've not added much to it yet. I was finding the food diary to be quite therapeutic though, so I figured if I can blurt out some more of the emotional stuff I bottle up - and it helps - then I should just go for it :)

Main goal this week is to get my big bum moving! Might have another go at Zumba right now thanks to the motivation from you lovely ladies :)

And thank you so much for the photo, it certainly put things into perspective!

Back