I need to be excited.

Pickle87

Ok, so I have been doing SW since Feb and am just short of my 7 stone award but I am finding it is getting harder, not because I can't follow the diet but because I'm getting bored of having the same things all the time.

How do you cope with the monotony? Have you had anything amazing lately? Do you have any tips to keep motivated and excited about food?

I think I might just have to come up with loads of recipes that i haven't had before and do it that way.

Well done Pickle. That's amazing.

I have only been on plan since August but I'm a creature of habit so I tend to eat similar things. However I can see that I will get bored in the long term which I don't want to happen. So I've been browsing at the SW magazine and the recipes on the website to find new things to try. I have also been thinking about what I would like to eat and then looking for SW friendly recipes for those. I've also tried some new ingredients that are in some of the recipes which has been good. It's working so far but it quite a lot of effort !!!

Good luck.

Its worthwhile in the end though hun.

I think I have just got lazy with cooking and so stick to what I know is easy, I shall have to choose new recipes that i haven't tried yet. Also need to stop relying on just meat and the same veg as it isn't very inspiring.

Pickle, I couldn't see the photos before but WOW ! You look amazing. Thanks for putting those on.

Fantastic. And good luck with the new recipes.......!

Gail x

Hi Pickle,

Those pics look great, well done on your weight loss :)

What kind of things are you eating? I've been mainly sticking to pasta dishes and chilli and bolognese and it has become quite boring.

I decided to change things up a little. I've had spicy chicken with veg, soups, meatloaf etc and it does make you feel better.

I've had no time to cook this week and have fallen off a little so having the food in is always helpful for me.
I've been buying chicken and adding whatever seasoning or marinade I want to a couple of pieces and then freezing them so I can have them when I want something different.

Have also been making some filled out rice dishes like mexican spicy rice and mushroom rice. You get your superfree and it tastes different from the way I normally have rice (boiled!)

I like allrecipes.com and Slimming Eats for inspiration when I'm getting bored too.

Well done on such a great loss :happy096:

Im like you - I know I need to stop boredom setting in *I know that is when Im likely to drop a clanger*
I sat a couple of weeks ago and trawled through all my old goodfood etc mags and ended up with a list of 200 recipes I wanted to try :p -I adapted them to SW as I went so I have a list of them with syns/healthy extras etc at the side as well as which mag/page to find the on and I have now got 16 weeks worth of main meal plans sorted :giggle:
Im planning on adding the recipes to my diary as I try them....
One of the best so far is "slow cooked chinese pork" :drool:
a couple of others have tried it and loved it too -I can copy you the recipe over if you like....

I love my food, and love cooking which makes it easier -so always having plenty of new reipes keeps me happy

keep up the great work.....

Here you go I have copied this over -hope you like it...

slow cooked chinese pork recipe
Im baaaaack :p
So here is the recipe ... I have tweaked it and turned it from "braised" to slow cooked to make it a nice easy meal...let me know if anyone wants the oven cooked version and I will add that bit too
To us it tasted like char sui pork/spare ribs -one of my old faves

slow cooker Chinese pork
serves 4 -although I think its too much ;)

RED/EE - 2 syns per serving
  1. 2 cloves garlic -grated/crushed
  2. thumb size chunk of fresh ginger -grated
  3. 2tbs soy sauce
  4. 3tbs dry sherry (or rice wine) (3)
  5. 1 star anise
  6. 1tsp 5 spice powder
  7. 1 cinnamon stick
  8. 2tbs brown sugar (5)
  9. 1kg pork shoulder -fat removed and cut into chunks
  1. mix 1-8 together in a large bowl
  2. throw in the pork and mix-cover and stick in the fridge overnight if possible
  3. the day after tip into the slowcooker and switch on (don't add any extra liquid)
  4. cook until tender -
  5. remove star anise and cinnamon stick
  6. then drain the liquid into a pan and reduce by half, add the meat back in and heat through
Now then -when I did ours what I did was do it to number 5 -then at the same time I had a vegetable stir-fry under way so I then fished out the hot pieces of pork and mixed them through the veggies and reduced the liquid in the pan down until it was all thick n syrupy and drizzled it over...
Hope that makes sense :D

Hi hun, It's easy to get bored! we all have routines and unfourtunatly we are all creatures of habits and we will slip into things!

Try buying some really exciting new ingredients, try and have a different hexb every day which is easy and can be done.

e.g day 1 alpen lights
day 2 white nimble bread
day 3 cooked apples

Also if you go to class there is the new food optimising for 100 ee days and it is only cheap too!

try buying it for some inspiration!

Set yourself a challenge to have a new dinner every day this week?

Use your recipe books, magazines and internet!

Pickle87 said:
Ok, so I have been doing SW since Feb and am just short of my 7 stone award but I am finding it is getting harder, not because I can't follow the diet but because I'm getting bored of having the same things all the time.

How do you cope with the monotony? Have you had anything amazing lately? Do you have any tips to keep motivated and excited about food?

I think I might just have to come up with loads of recipes that i haven't had before and do it that way.

Brit Mum In Canada who posts on this site has her own website called slimming eats where she adapts recipes to make them SW friendly.

wow that is some achievement. I know how you feel about being bored. I tend to cook the same things over and over too.

I had every intention this week - being an annual leave week from work to cook some recipes and make lists of new stuff to try. I haven't done anything.;

I too am bored with food - gotta step it up a bit.

Back