I need to do thisfor myself.

bexh78

Hello, my name is Beck and I love reading this website. it gives me so much inspiration but I have not been able to bring myself to post for such a long time!

Anyway, I hope that it is okay to join you all on this forum?

I am following the principles of the slimming world plan on my own as I find going to group is not for me.

I picked up the pieces of failed attempts over the last few years since putting the 2 stone back on that I lost previously and decided to run with it! The final straw was Saturday when i got on the scales (with one eye shut) and I am heavier than I have ever been. I thought that this is a downward spiral that I want to get out of.

So, here is my week so far.

Sunday: :sigh:

I won't bore you all with my full food diary but I ate really well although my head just wasn't in it at all. I just wanted to snack all day but stayed strong!

Monday: :(

Stuck to green today. I made super free veg soup which was nice. However, I cannot believe how bad the sugar come down was. I kept to the plan though and only had 5 syns which were my hot choc and a pack of tictacs. i walked about a mile and a half just before school pick up but kept stopping to talk to people I know and that got on my nerves too (I am normally very sociable, I promise). I was hoping that it got easier!

Tuesday: :flirt2:

Totally different girl today! Here we go, we are back on top. Great food choices, spent 6 syns on tictacs. I also earned 2000 sweat points on just dance 2 and I felt good after that.

Wednesday: :)

Green again today. I am very happy as I had a sneaky weigh (although I promised myself that I wouldn't) and I have lost 3lbs already!! I am very pleased that my bad two days weren't in vain. My head is in the right place now so keep moving forward. Also walked 1.5 miles.

Today (Thurs) I am feeling great :D. I have baked a SW quiche for my lunch and it smells great.

Thanks for reading all of my ramblings, I will probably check in this evening x.

I just ate half of my slimming world quiche and it was really lovely. I must get my finger out and cook things like that on a regular basis. It is surprising how filling it is.

I am not missing the cakes at all which I am pleased about as they are my biggest downfall.

I am a little concerned as saturday we are off to a 40th birthday party but I think that I will eat before and then choose carefully whilst we are there. I don't drink so that is one thing I don't have to worry about.

Anyway, this afternoon I am off to take my two girls (aged 7 & 10) to have their hair cut after school so they are looking forward to that and my little boy (age 5) wants to come too because they have toys there :).

When we come home I am going to do a spag bol for tea which is one of their favourites.

See you later!

I have just come in from an hour's walk and feel great. I am trying to walk every day this week and I am really enjoying it.

I suppose that is it for tonight x.

Thanks for for the good luck wishes mari78, good luck to you too :).

Today I am feeling great again. It makes such a difference to how I feel just eating the right sorts of food. It also helps doing the walking I think.

Just come home from helping out at the school which is enjoyable and I really need to be getting on with the cleaning but I think I might let myself have a day off for a change :D.

Anyway, food wise I had fruit and fibre for breakfast, going to have SW quiche for lunch and I am having a go at making a healthy chicken curry for tea so watch this space because I am hoping it will turn out well.

Then off out for another two and a half mile walk this evening with my friend so I am looking forward to that.

See you later x.

I ended up walking over to town and back yesterday afternoon so that was just over 2.5 miles. It was a nice sunny afternoon and I really enjoyed it.

So we had our home made curry, it tasted lovely but it was a little bit to watery so next time I will have to sort that. The kids must have really enjoyed it because they asked to have it again tomorrow!

My friend and I went out for our walk in the evening which was great. So walking miles clocked is 5 yesterday :).

This morning I got on the scales and have lost a further 2lbs so that makes 5lbs so far this week. My weigh in day is tomorrow so I am not expecting anymore! I know that I won't have losses like that every week but that is good going for this first week.

Food plans for today are:

Fruit and fibre for breakfast.

Ryvita and light philly for lunch.

Buffet for tea at 40th party but I am going to be sensible. Lots of salad and meats, no bread and easy on the treats!

Activity wise I am planning on taking the kids for a walk after doing the house work today.

Will check in later x.

Hi,

A few days to catch up on here. Total weight lost is 6lb now so am really pleased with that.

I did a 3 mile walk on Saturday with the family and at the party I ate very well. To be honest I didn't feel that hungry. I did have some treats but not as many as I normally would have by far.

On Sunday I did some wii fit+ with the kids and just dance 2 with L my 10 year old girl. I made fruit smoothies with the kids, N (7) & J (5) loved them but L thought it looked like cockroach juice from a bush tucker trial so she wasn't so keen. It was only the kiwi fruit seeds that were black and speckled that put her off I think.

The children picked our valentines day tea so we had home made burgers and baked potato wedges with salad. It was lovely although simple. The rest of the day I didn't get chance to eat much as I was busying about. This is when I would normally grab a bit of cake or a chocolate bar but I didn't so I am very pleased with myself. Then yesterday evening I went out for a 2.5 mile walk with my friend.

Today I feel really poorly. Cold sweats, achy muscles, the lot! I haven't really got an appetite but I have had a banana and a cup of soup. Can't be bothered to cook tonight so I am opting for chickpea dhal and rice.

I hope you are all doing well,

See you later x.

I feel much better now thank goodness so I am back on form again.

I have lost another pound so that makes 7lbs in total! I am really pleased that the half stone has melted away.

I have had a good week over all and I am really surprised that just by eating a bit less and moving a little bit more that I have lost half a stone.

I would love to be 11st by easter but it works out at 1.8lb per week weight loss so I think that is a bit much but I will try!

Kids are off this week so if we get some decent weather we will be going out every day for a stroll which they will love. I will be carrying on my mon-fri evening walks with my friend as well as I really enjoy that.

Anyway, I hope all of you guys on here are doing well x.

I haven't lost any more weight yet so I am upping my water in take. I have been reading on here that drinking lots aids weight loss so water is my new buddy!

I didn't do much exercise over the weekend but my friend and I went out for our walk last night. I am really enjoying the walking and I have been using online pedometers to see how many calories I burn and I am very impressed.

Tonight we are adding an extra half mile so we will be walking just over 3 miles a night or 5k. This will train us nicely for doing race for life in june.

Eating is going well. I am using foodfocus.co.uk to log my food for each day. It is quite good and free to use. I am doing a curry tonight so looking forward to that.

If anyone is reading my ramblings on here then good luck on your plans x.

Just come in from walking now, it was a fat burner tonight! We did a few steep hills so I am hoping that this is all going to show on the scales soon ;).

I had some sweets today which I am so mad at myself for :mad:. Never mind, it is in the past now so onwards and upwards x

Hi!

Sounds like everythings going really well for you - well done on your weight loss, it is very inspiring!

Since you enjoy walking I thought you might want to visit WalkJogRun.net (if you aren't using anything similar) - it's a free website that allows you to plan your route on satellite photo's and returns distance, speed, estimated calories burned and so on!

Good luck :)

Hi Lift;

Thanks for the link. I use walkjogrun.net and I think it is a fab site. It is good that you can actually see how many calories you are burning. I also like looking at other peoples local routes for a bit of inspiration.

Well this morning I got up and weighed and I haven't lost any weight since last thursday. I am a bit gutted as I have worked really hard with keeping active and cutting out all high fat foods as well as keeping portion sizes realistic. I suppose that it will come off sooner or later.

I should stop weighing every day but it is hard. I get this compulsion to weigh every morning and every night, plus when go on the wii fit most days.

On the other hand, I measure a little less on my tummy and waist.

I have got to get real with myself because in 18 days I have lost half a stone which is good going but I want to see a result for all my efforts!

Oh well, I suppose it is going to be one of those days.

By the way, my bee-hind and legs are a little shaky from that hilly walk last night lol!

I have just stumbled across Wii Fit Routine - The Fastest Growing Wii Fit Workout Community on the Web! for anybody who uses the wii fit. Once you register you can either tailor routines of your own or there are pre-made ones of different intensities. It looks good so I thought I would share :).

Today wasn't that bad after all. We got L some school shoes which went quite well because she can be a fussy beggar now she is 10!

We had a lurrvely tea.. Peppered steak, mushrooms, new potatoes and salad - delish!

Hope you are all good x.

It's been an active day today! Went out for a walk this morning rather than this evening so that was just over three miles. Then I also did about 40 mins on the wii fit+. I was surprised to have burnt 200 cals on there :D.

I haven't ate a lot today, I think my appetite has got a lot smaller but we had spag bol tonight which was nice.

I love having my hubby and kids off with me but the house gets into such a mess and I am just picking up bits after everyone all the time. tut! tut!

Hope you are all feeling good x.

Right! My weight still hasn't moved and I have been really good all week.

I need your help to tell me if I am eating enough/to much please.

Here are some examples..

Tuesday

Breakfast
Cup of tea, glass of sf squash, banana &
alpen light bar.

Lunch
carrot sticks, 2 cocktail sausages, grapes and I did have a few jelly sweets as they were hanging around :sigh:. Glass of sf squash

Tea
Home made chicken curry (made with chicken, curry paste, tomatoes and onions) with rice.

I had a few snacks on this day:

1 pink n white
1 alpen light
2 thin slices soreen without butter or spread.

Activity:
30 mins on wii fit plus
3 mile walk

Wednesday

Breakfast
Cup of tea, banana, alpen light, glass of sf squash.

Lunch
2 ryvita, asda's own low fat philly cheese & slices of tomato, alpen light bar. SF squash.

Snack attack! 2 pink & whites

Tea
100g peppered frying steak, 2 very small salad potatoes, mushrooms & salad. Alpen bar.

Snack - 2 pink & whites.

Activity
3 mile walk
30 mins wii fit+
Thursday

Breakfast
Alpen light bar, cup of tea.

Lunch
none

Tea
spag bol.

2 alpen bars.

Activity
3 mile walk
45 mins on wii fit+.

I know I didn't eat much yesterday but I was just busy. I have come to the conclusion that I never used to eat much proper food but would pad it out with chocolate and cakes. Now I have dropped the choc and cake I am not left with that much!

Hi,

Doesn't seem like you are eating too much, hard to say though - perhaps you could try counting nutrients and calories and then see how far away you are from your BMR/AMR.

This BMR calculator is quite handy: BMR Calculator

Also, you might try something like dropping the simple sugars (in the juices etc) and getting some more protein or complex carbs in instead?

Just a thought :)

Thanks again lift, thats good advice.

I had a look at my BMR and I should be losing weight on the amount that I am eating and burning.

I think I will take your advice on the protein and carbs. We have some protein shake that I might start having at breakfast time.

:)

Back