I need to re focus!

zombiegirl

Ok, I have done well and have lost more than 5st but since going on holiday at the start of October I have lost my mojo and am struggling big time to get back in the zone. I want to get about 20lb off in total and see how I feel. I am going to try and keep posting here to keep me on track. I am away again on 29th of nov so got my eye on being good till then

Not been too well over the weekend with some sort of tummy bug which hasn't helped. Must focus tomorrow and try and get my head in gear for a final push. It's the 5th today so that means I am on a count down of 23 days- just over 3 weeks on my new goal date. At my usual rate of loss I could be half a stone down by then and less than a stone from goal. That would feel good.
Reasons to keep going
1) I feel good now, and will feel fantastic when I lose another 20lb
2) I have loads of nice events coming up and want to feel good
3) I want to start building back up to a normal diet. Playing with this is not doing me any good psychologically, physically or financially
4) I deserve to see this through!

I know I can do this. One day at a time same as before. I am rambling I know but whatever helps!

You can do this. :)

You're coming at your weight loss from a different angle now - you've done the really tough bit and lost most of the weight :clap: :clap: :clap: and now you're grappling with the part of your brain that's telling you you're just fine as you are, that you can slide a little bit here and there because it doesn't matter so much...

A lot of us have been there. :D

It's really hard to get into the groove again after you've had a break but it can be done and I have a feeling you're going to make it. Keep reading those reasons to keep going. Write them on a piece of paper and stick it on the fridge, write them on another piece and stick it on your wardrobe, write them on another piece and stick it - well, anywhere you can see it!

You definitely can do this - and we're all cheering you on! x x

Oh lily you are so lovely.

Today hasn't gone great, I admit. My tummy is still unwell and I caved in to eat a chicken wrap as it was all I felt like. Will just have my shakes now for the rest of the day to try and limit the damage. What you say is true Lily, I think part of it is feeling I look good now and wanting to enjoy it. I have had a lot of fun things going on too and the temptation to go with it is far greater now than it wax at the beginning

Not giving up

A new day and a new attempt. I am still off work sick though I am better than yesterday, so I am going to try again. I am on step 2, So what I am doing is making a broth out of the chicken and veg allowance for a whole week an having a portion everyday. Will keep updating here to try and keep me on track.
Good luck everyone.

Half ten and I want to eat. I am bored. I am not going to, need to wait until mid day and I can have my shake. Feel fed up about being stuck in and have not been to the gym all week so am anxious to get a class booked in.

Half four and going great guns. My tummy bug seems better and I have stuck to plan. Could this be the first day of my back on track? Hope so.
If I can keep this up I might actually look forward to weigh in on monday

Had my home made broth and I am stuffed. That's it for the day now, OH home which helps. Back to work tomorrow which is also good- be too busy to think about food! Day one down, 21 to go! I wonder if I can get 4.5 kg off? Probably not, but I may get a good way towards it.

What a stressful day! It started at 5:30 when the smoke alarm opposite (I live in a flat) went off and an hour later was still going and thick black smoke started coming in the front door. I went out and knocked hard on the neighbours door for 10 mins with no answer, then found the door unlocked in any case. OH went to phone 999 and I went in, couldn't see a thing with smoke. Cut a long story short the tenants had passes out drunk with the stove on which was now on fire. Managed to put the fire out and wake one of them up for a good telling off
Followed by a stressful day at work with unrealistic demands and a distraught staff member in tears.
However, I am stuck fast to my diet. Did have an extra matchbox size piece of chicken breast but that's all. And a lot better than I've been doing lately!

Wow, Zombiegirl! :eek: That was a close shave for your neighbours then! Good job you were at home cos that could've turned out very differently...

Glad you're managing to keep going - the broth was a really good idea. Might have to try that myself! :)

Thanks Lily

The broth is working well for me as though it is nothing special it is something warm and comforting at the end of a hard day. I am doing ok today, though I had my lunch pack at 11:30! I have a yoga class tonight which always makes me feel good so I should be in a good headspace for the weekend. I think maybe the scales are starting to shift a little, will find out for sure on Monday.

You have done amazing so far, well done.

you can do this final wee push, you'll be at goal in no time ....

xxx

What a yoga class! I feel fantastic. Need to remember how this feels next time I don't feel like going! I need my healthy body so I can carry on doing what feels food. I never could have done anything like this before I lost weight.

Thought I would put up a few pictures to keep me motivated, a before, and a part way through. Hope this works

Attachments

• image-648303652.jpg
    image-648303652.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1067374225.jpg
    image-1067374225.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 63
Thought I would put up a few pictures to keep me motivated, a before, and a part way through. Hope this works

Your looking amazing! Well done

xx

Hi Zombiegirl - you lost a lot of weight! Did you use Lighter Life the whole time? And are you now on CD for the last 20lbs?
I know it is tough to do the last push and get the rest off. Your list will help keep you on track. I have a similar list taped to the bathroom mirror. :)

Have a great weekend - and a good weigh-in Monday!

Hi all - Im new to this forum :) I'm 18 years old and I'm 5 ft 4 wanting to lose about 3-4 stones. I'll hopefully be starting on Monday the 12th of November 2012 - But buddies are needed please! Especially youngsters around my age. Please join me! :) Best of luck everyone and thankyou!

Thanks guys. Yes, I lost most of it with LL but when my counsellor quit I switched to CD for the last bit. Had a pretty good week I think, hoping for about 2lb on Monday ( a good loss for me) as the final push before Christmas. I have yoga booked in tomorrow so that will help. Went to the cinema today and OH has sweets and pop with flapjacks, I didn't have a bar so took a cooked chicken breast! Very odd experience, thankfully it was dark so nobody could see what I was eating!

And Hi! To our newbie, I am a lot older than you but youth is your advantage. You will have that weight off in no time. Stick with this forum. It is a great support.

Up bright and early Sunday morning. Off to yoga at 10. Hopefully I can keep it together again today, weigh in after work tomorrow. I wish I had morning weigh in, it it always disheartening to be heavier at night!

Had a small chicken salad in the pub at lunch today so no broth tonight. Husband eating huge burger. Trying not to look!
Yoga class was good, knackered now! Getting really nervous about weigh in now, always do get this way on a Sunday. Hope I have lost a bit. Be happy with 2lb

Back