I need to re focus!

You've been paying attention to what you eat - I think you will do fine at your weigh-in! Good luck!

Monday morning, how have you come round so quickly?

Weigh in at 6 tonight si fingers crossed. Have a busy week this week, in London for the day tomorrow which is always a long day (I am in Liverpool) and a full day presentation to give on Thursday. Yikes

Just had my lunch pack and for some reason I am feeling low about my weight loss like I am never going to get there. I weighed 76.1 thus morning, and I want to get to 68 which is 8.1 kg or 17.8lb. That number is so low compared to where I started but right now it seems like an impossible task. That goal is a weight I remember feeling fabulous at, but it is still quite a long way above BMI 25 which is another 17 pounds again. I can't think about that, it seems so far away, I certainly won't get that all off anytime soon and may not want to- 68kg I can just about see happening although I am now totally fed up if missing or not participating in weekends away, nights and days out and family occasions. I am lucky enough to have an active and varied social life, and although I still go to all these things I am a little set apart from everyone because I can't have the meal or a drink.
I am fixing 72kg in my head as my next goal, and am hoping I can get there by Christmas (although there are 2 weekends away and 2 works do's between now and then) and then focus on the last 4kg after Christmas. I guess all I can do is keep plodding on and hope it comes off. I suppose looking at the bright side, all these weeks I have struggled to stay on plan with various things including holidays and illness etc i haven't actually gained a significant amount back, so that bides quite well for the future.
Rant over. Hot to write this presentation

This is one of the most anti-social diets I know - but you know what? We spent years being social and participating in the drinks and meals and we had the layers of fat to show for it. Years! And now in a few months time, we are reversing the clock, improving our health, feeling and looking loads better than we have in ... well, years! If it took us as long to take the weight off as it took us to put it on and maintain our rotund selves, we would all quit dieting immediately!

I personally am at a weight I haven't seen in 30 years. Trust me, I am fed up with dieting, bored, miss the social events and prone to eating more than I should on ss/ss+, but I am determined to lose the weight, so I will keep plodding along, being good some days/weeks, falling off some times and getting back on because in the end, this is for me and it feels great!

You can do this and putting in place interim goals is a great idea. So here's to you at 72kg! :)

Hi Tizzy

Thanks for your reply. You are right in everything you say and I am usually a lot more positive than this! Just having an off day I think. I have no doubt in my mind that I am going to keep going, I just feel annoyed with myself that it is necessary! Waiting at work to leave for my weigh in at 5:45, at least it is good for my flexitime!
Been looking at pictures of myself at 68kg and I really did look good, I was a comfortable size 12 but still curvy, so maybe that will be my goal after all. I am also smaller at my current weight than I was last time probably due to the yoga etc so that will impact how I look too. Going to stop thinking about it and just keep going!

tizzy51 said:
This is one of the most anti-social diets I know - but you know what? We spent years being social and participating in the drinks and meals and we had the layers of fat to show for it. Years! And now in a few months time, we are reversing the clock, improving our health, feeling and looking loads better than we have in ... well, years! If it took us as long to take the weight off as it took us to put it on and maintain our rotund selves, we would all quit dieting immediately!

I personally am at a weight I haven't seen in 30 years. Trust me, I am fed up with dieting, bored, miss the social events and prone to eating more than I should on ss/ss+, but I am determined to lose the weight, so I will keep plodding along, being good some days/weeks, falling off some times and getting back on because in the end, this is for me and it feels great!

You can do this and putting in place interim goals is a great idea. So here's to you at 72kg! :)

So inspirational! I was tired of putting my life n family's on hold, I think there is only a few pics of myself with my daughter and she's just turned 3. After months of faffing I finally picked up the phone and 6 wks of ss I've lost 24lbs to date. Started at 15st. I read daily how everyone doing and it spurs me on!!! Keep going everyone xxxx

Well done ammeg. That's a great loss.

Lost 2lb tonight which is ok for me especially considering I had a bit of a dodgy patch while I was sick
I know I will get there but I keep thinking about the long haul instead of day to day. Still, 2lb closer! 17lb to go to my first goal and only 5 until my Christmas goal of 72kg. I will face the social stuff as I have so far. Just to the best I can and make sure I am 100% in between

Up bright and early to catch my train. Going to be a long day! Hope to stay 100% no reason to think I won't as I will be too busy to think about food!
Here's to another 2lb this week! If I get 2 on the 19th Nov and 2 on the 26th that's another 4 before my music featival weekend on the 29th which will mean a few difficult days but by Monday 3rd I will be travelling back home and back on track. All I can Si while I am away is be as good as possible, avoid the booze and eat step 2 meals with shakes at breakfast and bars at lunch time. That sounds do-able. Must remember to get some extra ready made shakes as I will be up until 4am a few days and may need a little more help.
Enough rambling/procrastinating need to get ready!

What a long day! I realised when I got to London I had forgotten my lunch bar so I went all day with nothing to eat. Not a good idea. No long term ill effects, home and had all my packs now!
Felt good today in my smart black work dress, it is fairly body con but looked ok. Feeling a little more positive, have booked 3 yoga sessions in too and maybe will get to the gym. Off to Christmas markets for the day on Sunday so that will be fun, and should be able to stay on plan without much fuss. Good luck to all the foolhardy souls who are still reading my rambling a. It does actually help to post here. 17lb to go.

No weight loss yet since Monday, not surprised really as my absence of lunch yesterday will upset things. I am sure it will catch up with itself.

I am so tired today after yesterday's trip. I feel worn out in general lately, looking forward to a rest over Christmas.
Got a yoga class booked tonight at 5:30 and my brain is trying to talk me out if it but its too late to cancel now anyway which is good.
Hopefully I will see a loss on the scale in the morning.

Hope you feel better today. Try not to worry too much about what the scales say - they lie! They don't know the difference between fat and water - you'll be losing fat, no matter what they say!

Have a good day! :hug99:

Thanks Lily. Trying to stay optimistic! Did my yoga class this morning which was tough going at 7am but worth it. Hopefully I will see a drop tomorrow

Thanks Lily. Trying to stay optimistic! Did my yoga class this morning which was tough going at 7am but worth it. Hopefully I will see a drop tomorrow

How you gettin on 2day.

yoga at 7am... My goodness ur keen haha

xx

A bit keen, or daft yummy mummy! It is sometimes the only time I can fit in exercise as I often don't get home from work until late. It does me do much good though I don't want to let it slip.
Had a pretty good day diet wise today. Hoping for a scale dip tomorrow! How is everyone else doing?

A bit keen, or daft yummy mummy! It is sometimes the only time I can fit in exercise as I often don't get home from work until late. It does me do much good though I don't want to let it slip.
Had a pretty good day diet wise today. Hoping for a scale dip tomorrow! How is everyone else doing?

Well this is true, wish I had your energy though, the only excersize I have at that time in the morning is pulling myself outta bed lol.

Aww hopefully you will, your so close to goal!

xx

No movement on the scales again today. Very disappointing and frustrating. I really hope there is something tomorrow. Yoga again after work tonight if I can get away early enough. Might have to go back to SS for a bit. I am doing SS plus step 1 combo at the moment.

Really hungry today, not sure why. Not making this STS thing any easier. It's so cold here today too, maybe that's why?
I always feel embarrassed if I go for weigh in and nothing has come off, like they will think I've cheated

Don't worry about what your CDC thinks - this is your diet, not theirs. Their job is to help you with questions, motivation, and provide an external point of reference for your weight, bmi, % fat.

Sometimes your weight doesn't change much on the scale while your body adjusts. Additionally, and sorry if this is TMI, but you can get quite bunged up on this diet. Make sure you're taking a fibre supplement. And occassionally you may have to resort to a laxative to get the system moving again.

Hang in there - it comes off in the end! Also, have you been measuring yourself for how much you've lost in inches? I measure 1-2x/month and it is really encouraging to see the inches drop, even while the weight hasn't gone down substantially.

Back