i need to start but cant

milkybar

Hello all,

I am really wanting to start this diet and it says i can be at my goal for july next year which is amazing !
but i cant afford it it says its will cost me £282 the reason i want to loose weight is because im getting married i cant afford to pay this amount!

please does anyone have any ideas? or can you do it without having to pay the fee?

or tell me maybe does it 100% work and its worth paying the money ?

Dont do the coaching. Most of us here dont. We get help and tips here.
Use the book, ask questions and you'll be fine.
Good luck.

Don't worry, milkybar - hardly any of us have paid for the coaching (I think that Joanne/Maintainer is possibly the only one around who did so for a while)! It's ridiculously expensive and, from what I understand, some of the advice isn't always that fantastic.

There are a huge number of resources on the Internet for following Dukan, and a great deal of help and information is available right here in this forum. Have a read of some of the posts - the daily menus and recipes are particularly good. Also, just ask away if you have any questions. I've had some wonderful help and everyone is so supportive.

As for whether it works, there are plenty of us here who have lost weight. I've lost 22lbs since 5th October and many here have lost far more than me. You do need to stick to it, but there is advice here if you do have a bit of a slip-up. Whilst it's pretty restrictive, the fact that you're eating lots of protein means that you don't feel hungry all the time - which is extremely helpful when it comes to sticking to the diet. It also means that you're losing fat, rather than lean muscle.

Save your money for your wedding and join in the forum for help for your diet instead. :)

Good luck!

thank you ladies ! ill go to amazon now and buy the book !
wow 22lbs thats amazing well done hopefully i can join you soon!

yep come join us hun cheaper and were more fun !!!

I'd also advise your setting a start date of, say, January 3... and spending the time between now and then to get organised. Read the book. Plan your menus. Empty your cupboards on Jan 2 (hopefully not the way I usually do!!)...

and stick around ... there's loads of info on the site here

Yes don't do the coaching! As for whether or not it works - it is like any diet really and it works if you stick to it, but it is very strict. It can work out quite expensive in terms of eating lots of meat, but I find that I don't ever feel hungry.

Back