I need your advice please

Mairead

Hi all,
Im starting lipotrim Sat week. Would start it earlier only for the fact that I have a wedding, christening and birthday party this week. (crazy I know). Im new to this site but must say all your stories are truly inspirational.

I would just like to ask the following and maybe some of you guys can answer my questions please:D

Im being persuaded by my family and friends that lipotrim is not the way to go as I am going to put all the weight back on again, end up with no hair and collapse on the floor at work even though I work as a nurse.(i think i would be in the right place If I did) but I know that Im mentally ready to go it which is the hardest step of all I think. I have eight stone to lose but am prepared for a long journey. This is the year i AM GONNA DO IT!!!
Do any of you guys experience hair thinning while on the diet. im am just a little concerned as I am already on vitamin supplements and special shampoos to stop this already. I also wondering if any of you combine the gym whilst on the diet e.g. do you have much energy while on it. And finally my last question- how do you guys manage when meeting friends or at a work meeting etc. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks and to everyone keep up the good work. The difference in yere photos is incredible.

Hi and welcome to MM's!

i'm not on LT, I'm an LL'er but they are principally the same (shakes, ketosis, abstinance etc)

To answer your questions;
Do any of you guys experience hair thinning while on the diet.

I can't say I have, but other women on the site have said in the past they notice their hair thinning, and a friend of my said her hair thinned out quite a lot when she was on LL. However, once you finish the program and get back to eating healthily on food, the hair comes back and thickens up again.

I also wondering if any of you combine the gym whilst on the diet e.g. do you have much energy while on it

It is advised that, while on a VLCD, you don't do anything too strenuous, some light cardio like walking or swimming is fine, as is weights to tone up your muscles. Your energy level is probably going to feel higher than normal on a day-to-day basis, but it'll quickly show that you don't have much "instant" energy if you try and do anything too harsh.

And finally my last question- how do you guys manage when meeting friends or at a work meeting etc.

I just tell them that I'm on a diet and as such won't be drinking anything sugary, or eating anything in the pub/cinema/wherever as I have carefully planned what I am eating. If they ask about it further, as this point, I tell them!

Good Luck with LT! :)

Hi Pete, Many thanks for the advice.Yep Im going go for it and see how I get on. Ill let you know how I go.
P.s Your photos are amazing! Its like looking at two different people.

Gym - yes!

Hi there and welcome
I am on day 7 of LT and today have felt able to go back to the gym. I managed everything I could do prior to the diet, but I have to say I'm not particularly fit so it was a bit of cardio (walking, bike, cross trainer) and some weights. Feel fine with no probs so will go a few times this week.
GP told me it was essential to combine LT with exercise or I would get saggy...:(
Give it a go, it is really worth it. I have been weighed today and lost a whopping 12lbs - never done that on any other diet in my life and I've tried the lot!:)

I have a treadmill at home and have been gradually increasing the amout I do each week and feel great and more energetic than ever (that will be due to the weight loss too). You're supposed to avoid first week anyway but I still had lightheaded moments in following weeks (probably my own fault through not drinking enough water) which is why I gradually increased the amount of excercise I did.

Going out has been ok for me. Went out for a work meal and didn't eat, couple of people knew why, others I explained to and they were actually full of admiration saying they wouldn't have the willpower to do it themselves (and proceded to reel of a list of all the food they couldn't live without - thanks guys!). Doubt anyone would have know I wasn't drinking if I hadn't mentioned it. Same when in the pub, if someone notices I'm only drinking water then I'll tell them otherwise I don't bother.

Hi Mairead, form my experience of lipotrim I highly recommend it! If you want to lose the 8 stone in about 8 months and then use that as a springboard to a healthy lifestyle, go for it!
The alternative as advocated by your family and friends is to go down the traditional route. I've done that and become frustrated at the slow progress and given up! I think your family and friends are very well-meaning but you should re re-assured that the programme is actually medically recommended as it was developed by doctors and for a while was only available through GP's. Now it is monitored by pharmacists on a weekly basis who are able to advise as the diet progresses. I would also recommend listening to/ watching the lipotrim movie a couple of times in order to really understand the information (the movie is on the www.lipotrim.co.uk).
I might have lost the 3 stone eventually by traditional means but I am so very glad I found lipotrim and have no regrets whatsoever. If you really want to do this, do expect some cynism and genuine concern from others but make sure you are sure, and don't start till you are sure! That way you'll be able to persevere when under pressure. The results after a few weeks will convince family and friends that you are on the right path, particularly when they see how happy, confident and postive you are.
Best wishes with your journey :)

I think you need to try lipotrim for at least 2 weeks. It doesnt suit everyone.

I started in September, 10 weeks later I had lost 3 stone. I then had a break went on holiday for 2 weeks and had 3 weeks off for xmas, after 3 days back on lipotrim I have lost a further 2lbs, so not everyone puts the weight back on. In fact if you look at porgeous you will see her amazing transformation.

If you do not change your eating habits you will put weight back on, BUT that goes for any diet. Goodluck in whatever you chose.XX

You'll never know unless u try.. u really won't.. give it a go.. people will understand when they know ur certain its right for u. it may be worth the risk.. need anything just ask..

Mairead.. Irish Right?!!

Hi everyone. Thanks to all of you who replied. I REALLY APPRECIATE the advice. I think this site and all of you are going to keep me sane. I actually cant wait to start now. So Ive made my appointment to start Saturday week even though I will probably keel over when I see how much i actually weigh. Ive been avoiding the scales over Christmas. Ive also signed up for the gym for six months to begin with. Gonna start off slow. Had a tour of the place yesterday and saw lots of lycra clad gym bunnies running on treadmills but I will not be phased!!!. Thanks again for all the advice. Ill be logging in to let ye know how I am getting on and for more advice. And to Ollie yep Im Irish- I live in Southern Ireland. I was in London two weeks ago to see Mama Mia in the Westend. Loved it.

Well Done for making the first big step - deciding to start and making a date to do it on!

If you start cutting down on the carbs now/soon/at least 3 days before you start, you'll find it much smoother going into Ketosis as you won't get anywhere near as bad carb withdrawls :)

Best of luck for you upcoming first week!

Ps. To Red Power Cow- What a cool name. 12 lbs is amazing! Well done you. To Soph- I think you answered by biggest problems. Ive told two friends that Im gonna on it and already have to put up with negative comments so I think ill have to live in my own little bubble for the next few months.And to blue eyes- thankyou.

Well done for making the decision to start. Thats half the battle, at least you can get mentally psyched up for your journey ahead.

This is day 2 for me, and its not been half as bad as I was expecting. I followed Mini's advice and cut down the carbs a few days before I started. I dont know if I am in ketosis yet, doubt it, but I am definitely not feeling hungry.

All the best of luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Hiya Mairead,
Welcome to the forum, its great the support you get isn't it give it a go, I am only on my forth week but already lost 19 lbs and thats over Christmas too. I have a hard weekend and then its full steam ahead. I have lot to lose too so if you need a buddy count me in good luck!

Hi all, just a quick message - i started LT 3 days ago and have been suffering with acid indigestion, does anyone know if i can take sugar free rennies???

Hi all, just a quick message - i started LT 3 days ago and have been suffering with acid indigestion, does anyone know if i can take sugar free rennies???

I dont know if you can take them. Can you ring your Pharamcist later to find out for definite?

Heya Mairead (waves)

I think your doing the right thing for you and dont let anyone drag you down, i thought my lil sis would put it all back on after she had been on LT after 5 months and loosing soooo much weight that she is half my size, i didnt understand how LT worked.

I think you will do great and just come on here if your feeling a bit low, were all in the same boat :)

Hi Lou, 19lbs. Thats fantastic and over Christmas too. Well done you!!! I definetly need a diet buddy- so many thanks for the reply. Im new to the site though so do I email you like this or directly.
Many thanks, Mairead

Hi She Ra, Many thanks for the reply. Yeah Im all set(my mind is made up) and Im not going to let anyone stop me. Its really good to hear that people are keeping it off afterwards. I love this site. I really think that its going to make it easierfoer me to stick to it. So many thanks for the reply and the advice. Hope your doing great on it. Did you just start today Just saw todays date on your entry. If so BEST OF LUCK. Youll do great.

Ah yes, friends and family who say that it's bad for you and all that. The only way you can put the weight back on is if you return to your old eating habits. I find LT is the way to go, since it's really effective.

LT has the effect of making your hair thin, but it hasn't happened to me. It's happened to a lot of people here on LT so you should ask around about that.

When it comes to going out and meeting friends, I always let them know that I'm on a diet so I won't be eating or drinking anything. I just take a bottle of water and that's all. If you start now, I reckon you will lose 8 stone within the next 8 months.

It's worth giving it a go.

Hi everyone. Thanks to all of you who replied. I REALLY APPRECIATE the advice. I think this site and all of you are going to keep me sane. I actually cant wait to start now. So Ive made my appointment to start Saturday week even though I will probably keel over when I see how much i actually weigh. Ive been avoiding the scales over Christmas. Ive also signed up for the gym for six months to begin with. Gonna start off slow. Had a tour of the place yesterday and saw lots of lycra clad gym bunnies running on treadmills but I will not be phased!!!. Thanks again for all the advice. Ill be logging in to let ye know how I am getting on and for more advice. And to Ollie yep Im Irish- I live in Southern Ireland. I was in London two weeks ago to see Mama Mia in the Westend. Loved it.

Good luck for tomorrow Mairead! Log on and let us know how you get on at the Chemist tomorrow!x

Siobhan

Back