I need your help

Cherish

Hi today is the first day of my CD and I'm terrified.

I'm 18st 4lb and I would like to get down to 10st. That seems impossible.

I'll try to take one day at a time but when I think of all the weight I have to lose it seems almost impossible and quite depressing.

Does anyone have any tips? Especially I'd like to ask how you coped on your first week when you had cravings.

Thanks

Hi,
You will be fine - and you won't believe how quickly the weight falls off.
I started in January. The first day was fine but I had awful nausea the 2nd day. I told myself that I couldn't give up on this plan because I'd never believe in it again! By day 3 I felt fantastic - so much energy and a feeling of well being.

Everyone says DRINK DRINK DRINK and that really does help. I put ice into water and sipped away most of the day. I also tried to keep busy.

believe you can do it - and you will!!! Take it one day at a time and it won't seem unending. Come on to minimins for advice AND DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!

Good luck

Hi today is the first day of my CD and I'm terrified.

I'm 18st 4lb and I would like to get down to 10st. That seems impossible.

I'll try to take one day at a time but when I think of all the weight I have to lose it seems almost impossible and quite depressing.

Does anyone have any tips? Especially I'd like to ask how you coped on your first week when you had cravings.

Thanks

You will be fine once your body goes into ketosis as you won't have any physical hunger. However its up to you to cope with emotional hunger which is a different thing altogether. But if I can do it anyone can :)

Your weight loss is achievable, look at all the success stories on here. I started at over 20 stone and am 12 stone something now :D

Be determined to crack it once and for all, it will change your life:)

Be very nice to yourself, buy yourself non-food treats and try to have clothes that fit the new you without spending loads of money. Its more motivating than wearing baggy stuff.

Good luck !

Hi cherish

Good luck on your journey to slimland

I started at 23stone 10lb and now 20stone 7lb in 7 weeks (45 lb lost wey hey)

Get through the first week however you can and when you stand on the scales for the first time its amazing. I now look forward to being weighed (now thats a first) I lost 16lb in my first week I nearly fainted !!!!!

Drink till you can drink no more and then some, it really really helps ~ then the hunger goes and you feel really well, alive and energised. The not eating bit is a different matter as most of us are overweight because of our mind not actual hunger. Dont cheat as its really really hard to start again. Just keep saying I am not eating at the moment and you will be fine. My CDC has done me a chart with my weight loss for the year and I will be at target early december ~ so one year out of our lives to change forever, thats ok with me
How about you ???????????

You go girl !!!!!!!!

Thanks

Thaks for your support i suppose you are right.

Cheating will just make it harder, and I think it's already hard enough!!!

Wow, this site is amazing, thanks for everything

Hi Cherish

Im just coming to the end of my first week now. The first 2 days were the hardest for me, i was starving. On the third day i was hungry but not starving and on the fourth i was fine, no hunger at all. I got weighed yesterday which was my fifth day and i had lost 12 lb, so it is achievable as long as you stick to the plan and keep drinking, i am actually getting used to drink vast amount now, as i am typing this i have a straw and a glass of water supping it!

I wish you all the best and luck in the world.....the most important thing for me is this site, i spend hours everyday just reading all the threads and looking at the pictures, it really spurs me on.

Have a good day..and take each day as it comes and really really it does get easier.

Ruth x

I agree with Ruth

I have lost 45lb (long long way to go yet though) and I defo could not have stuck to it without this site

Visit every day and it keeps you out of the Kitchen

This diet is the easiest and hardest I have ever ever done and very soon you will know what I mean

x

I started at 25 st 5lbs, I found it very daunting if I looked at the bigger picture, in fact it seemed virtually impossible to achieve.
My secret is look at your weight loss a stone at a time, nice little steps that soon mount up.

Good luck you can and will succeed.

Hee hee to be honest I dont know, my friend sent it to me and I copied and pasted it ....lol.
I am the ultimate in techno phobes

just wanted to say hi and good luck. I was so scared that it would be really hard but will power will get you through the hard first few days and then it's easy peasy. believe me, if I can do this, anyone can!! good luck, it'll fall off!

Emma is right get over your first week and see the fab loss youll have and you will never look back - well only to see how darned well you have done

For now focus on one day at a time and keep focussing on reducing .... what you focus on you achieve.

You can do it .. there are many many people and examples on here and on the Cambridge Diet forum to prove that this diet does work, if it works for them it will work for you. You just have to focus and keep at it.

Good luck .... but you wont need it.

Back