I never left but I need to return...

janll

I lost 2 of my 3 stone and then I'm afraid fell into the holiday season and since then have yo yo'd. I seem to have lost my resolve, I'm attending meetings (i'm in a management class for complicated reasons) but seem to have a good week, 2 bad weeks etc. This Saturday has to be my restart as I'm wasting evryones time. But I was so happy before I fell off the wagon so I don't know what's in my head to sabotage my efforts like this. I probably need to lose about 2stone now. Has anyone else been through this? I don't want to give up but can't seem to summon any willpower either. All advice appreciated. Thanks

Hey Jenll. I am in pretty much the same position as you. I have lost 2 stone and 12lbs, but I still have another stone and a half to lose until I reach my goal weight. I have not managed to be 100% since august, and for the last week, I haven't even had one single foodpack. My plan is to get back to 100% on tuesday, and to stay there until I achieve my goal. It should only take a few more weeks if we stick to it, and I am going to try and take my mind off food with some gentle exercise. These are my good intentions, but the road to hell is paved with them. How did you find the counselling side of things?

Counselling in Foundation was good

Hi and thanks for your reply. It's really nice to know I'm not alone in this. I was great with Foundation and found the group structure and counselling really helpful. But I was on the limit to join and the rest of my group was 4 weeks underway when I was on week 1 so Foundation ended early for me. At that point I should have gone into another group that sits between foundation and management to continue losing but because my work hours made those class times impossible, I joined a management group with the aim of staying in abstinence. Since then it's been impossible. I think this is because I miss the structure and support of my Foundation group but that's a weak excuse since I really do want to be a healthy weight and I can't put the responsibility for that onto others. I wish you luck with your attempt. Would you like to stay in touch through this forum and see if we can help motivate one another? Jan.

Sorry for leaving you hanging there Jan. My good intentions to start back last Tuesday were scuppered by a cold and rebellious child who wouldn't shut up. Anyway, I had actually decided to sod it - finish it off with Weight Watchers or something, and as soon as I acknowledged the fact that the diet was my choice, it took all the pressure off and I was able to throw myself back into the frey. So, had my first developers meeting today and have been 100% abstinent since yesterday. I gained 3lbs - which was a relief as had been gearing myself up for a much bigger gain, and now have 1 stone, 9lbs to go to reach my target.

Hope all is well with you, and that you are finding a way to make it work for you.

Well done to you!

Hi. Well done for getting back on the LL horse. I did well last week and lost 5lbs which is not unusual I suppose for the first week. Then I had a really bad weekend and have been in abstinence since Sunday night. I don't think I'll have lost this week. I'll be lucky not to gain. My kitchen got gutted ready for a new one from Ikea which didn't arrive so we just ate out. And I mean really ate all sorts of rubbish since I persuaded myself I had an excuse. I have 1 stone 11 lbs to lose so we're aiming for similar goals I think? I'm totally in awe that you only gained 3lbs. I seem to rocket up so high after a week off the diet. Anyway, thanks for getting in touch again and stick with it. It sounds like you have the will power. It's a shame really, it seemed so easy first time around. Jan

Hey Jan. How are you getting on this week? All's well here. Have started my 4th day of abstinence and am feeling groovy. Hopefully I'm back in ketosis now and I'll stay there. However, I usually do really well the first few days, and then around day 5 or 6 find it hard to resist the chatterbox and sabotague myself. Am hoping that I can keep my motivation up. Am trying not to think about the ultimate goal, and just focusing on getting through one week being 100%. When is you weigh in day? It's a shame that you haven't got a convenient developers group. It must be quite a challenge sitting in with the Management group when they are dealing with food issues and you are trying to stay abstinent. Good luck!!!

Hi. Well done for getting back on the LL horse. I did well last week and lost 5lbs which is not unusual I suppose for the first week. Then I had a really bad weekend and have been in abstinence since Sunday night. I don't think I'll have lost this week. I'll be lucky not to gain. My kitchen got gutted ready for a new one from Ikea which didn't arrive so we just ate out. And I mean really ate all sorts of rubbish since I persuaded myself I had an excuse. I have 1 stone 11 lbs to lose so we're aiming for similar goals I think? I'm totally in awe that you only gained 3lbs. I seem to rocket up so high after a week off the diet. Anyway, thanks for getting in touch again and stick with it. It sounds like you have the will power. It's a shame really, it seemed so easy first time around. Jan

Hi janll,

Well done for getting back on the wagon.

Very stressful job getting a new kitchen in but so worth it:)

Stick with it now and you can have that 2 stone 11lbs off by Christmas!

Love Mini xxx

Not doing so good

Hi. I did badly last night. I have no kitchen at the moment. It was being replaced but the old one has gone and Ikea didn't bring the new one. That really shouldn't affect me but it's stressful arguiing with Ikea every day and cooking convenience one pan meals for my husband. I've been doing OK so far but last night something just got the better of me so I ate a small portion of chicken noodle stir fry I'd cooked for my husband and then the worst thing, I had 3 slices of bread with dairy lee light for reasons I can't explain other than the old, I've done it now so may as well continue. So stupid so I'm now not in ketosis and feeling a failure.
I'm glad you're doing so well, perhaps my downfall will strengthen your resolve as the danger days approach.
Jan

Thanks Mini, I'll keep trying. I like this website, it does give good support. I'm happy to see you're doing so well. Jan

Hey Jan. How are you getting on this week? All's well here. Have started my 4th day of abstinence and am feeling groovy. Hopefully I'm back in ketosis now and I'll stay there. However, I usually do really well the first few days, and then around day 5 or 6 find it hard to resist the chatterbox and sabotague myself. Am hoping that I can keep my motivation up. Am trying not to think about the ultimate goal, and just focusing on getting through one week being 100%. When is you weigh in day? It's a shame that you haven't got a convenient developers group. It must be quite a challenge sitting in with the Management group when they are dealing with food issues and you are trying to stay abstinent. Good luck!!!

Hi Curlygurl,

Your most likely back in ketosis now and it does make the diet so much easier.

The hour by hour thread really helps and is open to all who need that little bit of extra help and support, so too is the MiniMins Fallen Angels.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/24587-thursday-hour-hour-lets-do-x.html

http://www.minimins.com/strugglers-restarters/16465-minimins-fallen-angels-117.html#post391170

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, I'll keep trying. I like this website, it does give good support. I'm happy to see you're doing so well. Jan

Thanks Jan,

My head is in the right place and my old determination is back and the last two weeks have flown.

Fitting back into my clothes and liking myself in the mirror is really helping.

I do believe the secret to success is not to give up, each failure is a learning opportunity:rolleyes::)

We will do it!!!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Jan,

My head is in the right place and my old determination is back and the last two weeks have flown.

Fitting back into my clothes and liking myself in the mirror is really helping.

I do believe the secret to success is not to give up, each failure is a learning opportunity:rolleyes::)

We will do it!!!

Love Mini xxx

Couldn't agree more Mini ..... you have not failed until you stop trying. I have given up counting my restarts to lose the weight I regained .... but I've not put it all back on AND I'm not giving up!!! Sometime it will stick and it'll come off and stay off - really hoping that it's this time as I'm determined to be 2stone lighter for Xmas and go into thye new year with only a stone or so until target.

Good luck to everyone on restarts - not easy, but worth it!

Thanks for the links to the other threads Mini. At the moment still feeling really positive. Am feeling like I'm losing weight. My scales at home have a mind of their own so I don't bother weighing myself at home. But my belly flab seems a little less wobbley, and that makes me feels good and helps me keep my eye on the ball.

Hey Jan - don't be beating yourself up about your slip. I completely identify with that slippery slope of having something relatively normal to eat - like a balanced meal of noodles and chicken and veg and then using that as a gateway to destructive eating.

So much of this journey is tied up with self esteem. Days when I have gone completely off plan with awful choices are days when I am down on myself, and feel like I don't deserve to feel good about myself, and don't deserve to be fit and and slim and healthy cos I'm a disgusting greedy piggie. This gives me mental licence to eat crap and prove all them negative feelings true.

But they are not true! And we have as much right as everyone else to a happy life and a nice healthy body. And the fact of starting this bonkers, crazy, lifechanging and challenging diet proves that somewhere, in our very core, there is a strength and determination and recognition of our right to be the person we want to be.

So screw the chatterbox! You've done super well so far. And when we slip, we aren't being bad - we are being human. Don't let these steps off plan be a stick to beat yourself with. Remember all the days you have stuck with it. Remember all the lovely positive comments you have had from friends and family. And more importantly remember that this is for you. You are trying to change a fundamental part of your identity. No one ever said it was going to be easy. But so what! Easy gets boring.

Sorry for the rant there fellow MiniMin-ers!! No doubt I shall fall off my warrior women high in the next few days, and will be feeling weakened and tired and be looking for help and support, so it will be nice to have a record of this moment where I feel
on top of the game!

Good luck fellow fat fighters!

Back