I now get hungry....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sam1988, 18 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Sam1988

Sam1988 I ♥ Slimming World

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just wondered if anybody has the same problem:
    Before SW i didnt used to eat any breakfast, infact i wouldn't really eat anything until my lunch break at 1pm. The problem is, now that i eat breakfast at my desk (normally 2 pieces fruit & 2 alpen lights or a mullerlight) i am completely starving by about mid-day! :confused:
    Does this happen to anybody else?? I think maybe i need to eat something more substantial like toast (HEB) but i dont tend to have the time!
    xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think I'm the same as you. I've never been a breakfast type of person and have never gone with the idea that having breakfast fills you up till lunch - I've always found having breakfast makes me hungrier!

I'm also not a good morning person, and dont like eating breakfast at home - that's time thats better spent sleeping!

I tend to have a bowl of chopped fruit topped with fat free vanilla yoghurt sat at my desk at about 10am and call that breakfast.

What I also do though, is I have a fruitbowl at work, I bring a big bag of fruit in on a Monday, then eat fruit through the week whenever I fancy it - that way theres always some there (I used to just bring in a couple of pieces of fruit each day - but if I'm hungry and eat it all by 11am then what do I have for the rest of the day?) If i need to refill the fruitbowl midweek then so be it, I just make sure I never let it run out.

The other thing I do if I'm really hungry and fruit wont cut it, is to keep a stash of mug shots in my desk drawer - though I try not to give in too often. They may be "free" but they still have a lot of calories and are probably meant more as "free" as part of a meal, not a snack.

4. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I get this too! I have an Alpen about 8ish and by 12 I'm ravenous!! I've always been that way though lol xxxxx

5. KarenB

KarenB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We had a chat about this at weigh in last week. When you dont eat breakfast your motabolism is sluggish but as soon as you eat it speeds up. So although it makes you eat more you are actually burning more calories as a result.

6. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi there at the moment i am having melon and 2 weetabix for breakfast find i can last til 1 b4 i am hungry again :) good luck

7. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    I have microwave porridge with fruit on top for my weekday breakfasts. I don't get lunch until about 3pm and do not feel hungry if I start the day with porridge. I tried All Bran one day and was starving!!!

8. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I eat breakfast at 7:30ish and often am starving by 10am! I eat a ton of fruit to keep me going until lunch...your not alone!

9. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am not suprised! An alpen is not enough to keep a bird going until lunchtime :D

10. julesm

julesm Slimming World

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(15.26%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I now take chopped grapefruit and melon,a muller light and a hi Fi bar to eat in my break at school, stops me getting the rumbles! Porridge also seems to help.

11. lottie1982

lottie1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(18.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find protein is the best thing to stop me getting the mid morning munchies. Bacon sarnies and eggy bread are two favourites. If am in a rush will sometimes have cold chicken or ham in the car on the wy to work - odd I know but seems to work for me!

12. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always get the hunger pangs really early if i eat anything sweet for breakfast (Alpen bars, hi fi bars, cereal, fruit etc) However if i eat a couple of hard boiled eggs or some cold quorn sausages (protein foods) then I am more than happy to plod through until lunch x

13. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    This is similar to me Weetabix and in my case a coffee! - I lunch around 1pm, but keep topped up with apple, nectarine (x2) banana and a pear - healthy "snacking" at work.

I'm a little concerned/curious as to how you don't have time for even toast at breakfast though. Anyway, cereal is quicker and kick-starts my day nicely.

Good luck!

14. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Microwave porridge for me and then usuallyhave lunch around 12-12.30.

I find I'm hungry during the morning if I just have cereal or toast.

Denise

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.