I realised I'd put on too much weight when.....

Clare35

.... people stopped saying "don't be daft you don't need to lose weight", and just avoided eye contact when I'd say I need to go on a diet!!

What was everybody elses "moment"?

When I weighed over 21 stone and realised that things had to change.

I was up in Scotland walking with hubby, and I had to stop, as I could not get my breath. So whilst recovering on a rock, two ladies of a rather substantial walked straight past me, greeted me with hearty "good mornings" and then I realised that if I didn't do something, I wouldn't get to that age!

The next time we went to Scotland, we went back to Glencoe, walked the same hill, and I've got a photo of me on my desk standing proud at the same rock, walking pole in hand and we made it to the top that time!!

I've since stumbled, but I've still got the photo on my desk to keep me going and to remind me that I CAN beat my food demons!!

when i went from a size 22-24 to a size 26 in tops! I dont think my weight has ever hit me before this because im 6ft tall so I carry it pretty well. Even the Dr when i went in about my weight said to me 'you dont look that much over weight'... she soon swallowed her words when I stepped on the scales x

Back