Induction I really do want to be slim!!!

Hi girls, sorry couldn't get a chance to post yesterday. Hope ur both having a good day. Vic I hope your enjoying it, if I was you I would just take lots of bits with me so there will be always something to snack on if you need it and I'm sure if you tell ur sister ur watching the carbs it might stop her going to the shops and stocking up on the wrong kinds of food for u coming. It's a good thing to have lots of temptation early on I think because we can't hide ourselves away for ever I'm planning on doing this long term so I'm learning how to cope all these situations. I'm finding it much easier to say no on this plan then I would on WW or SW because my appetite isn't half of what it was so I'm not bothered about snacks.
Louise- I understand what ur saying about diet coke etc I regularly drink it and flav water but I've tried to really limit it because I'm worried it will set my cravings off. If I really fancy one I will have it I'm just trying not to have them every day. I have cream in my coffee it's still not as nice without sweetener but it's improving, there is no way I could have black too.
So today is weigh in day and I've lost -7lbs I'm really, really pleased I didn't think I would lose that much. I'm really enjoying doing Atkins I think it totally suits me and in a week I've turned from a continuous grazer into a salad eater lol who would have thought.
Yesterday wanted something to nibble on had ham and Philadelphia roll ups with a chunk of red pepper inside, was really nice. Just an idea for you to try.
Speak soon x

Wow, well done!!!!! 7lbs, thats amazing! I bet you are really pleased with yourself, I would be over the moon with that result.
Was this your first weigh in??
Love the snack idea and thanks for the advice, I will pop to asda for snacky bits on the way up north, so that I have things easy to hand that are ok to eat :)
black coffee is ok with me, but giving up diet coke would kill me, im having about a pint a day, and thats me being very good!! (its a wonder i have any teeth left!) i will try and cut this down as i on.
Well done once again Daisy (aka Angela), brilliant result x

Angela! that's fabulous news. Well done!!.. That should be really inspiring and a great incentive to keep going! That's half a stone! Fabulous!. Keep up the good work and thank you for the snack tip! :) I'm a grazer too but during week 2 I've lost my appetite! *which is really alien!!..

I DID have a diet coke today as I was out at lunch and I would have been tempted by cappuccinos etc.. so went straight for the old faithful!.. thankfully I didn't crave sugar afterwards but I hope it doesn't stall me.. we'll see! Weigh in on Sunday :)

Keep up the great work!.. and check in with you tomorrow!

Thanks girls for the comments yes it was 1st weigh in and know some of that will be water but it's great motivation for week 2. Getting back into the lovely size 14 trousers that are hanging on my bedroom door doesn't seem a million miles away any more. Hope you've all had great days x

Just thinking?
What multi-vitamins should I be taking?
Heard milk thistle is good for liver also a general A-Z ?
What do you all take? X

Aww Angela you will definitely get there soon at the rate you are going. Are you feeling hungry at all or has your hunger gone now?
I take so many vitamins (it's an ongoing joke that I rattle when I walk!!) it's unreal, I'll list some ;) :
Green tea capsules
Cod liver oil
Green coffee capsules
Milk thistle
Berocca
Vitamin d
Msm powder

That's some, at least..... :)

My day 3 has gone really well so far. I just had the most amazing dinner which was all ok (I think, I hope!?) I'll upload a pic, it was massive! Couldn't finish it all but was lovely :)
Really can't wait for weigh in - I hope it's good news x

Dinner, consisting of :
Pork chops coated in egg and milled flaxseed
Roasted red onion, leeks, green beans
Cream mushroom sauce
Steamed spinach
Cheesy cauliflower mash

Verdict : YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-441866948.jpg
    image-441866948.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 128
Well done Louise on not having the coffee, how tempting, good old diet coke :) I might reduce my consumption if it as I definitely feel a little more bloated today... I'll see how it goes.
Hope today's going well for you. Speak tomorrow x

Hi Ladies :)

That dinner looks DIVINE!.. yum. I remember Katie stating how delicious the food is on atkins.. no low fat artificial crap! ;).. full fat= full flavour! I would just say to watch the onions for a bit. They stalled me the last time I did this, so I"m quite frugal with them now. Well done on the flaxseed though! I can't stand the stuff.. I've tried it in Mims, pancakes.. just dislike it immensely!

Ok.. off to school I go :).. Have a wonderful day ladies! check in with you later.
Louise

Oh yes onions are pretty carby - a lower carb alternative is spring onions.

I'm definitely trying the cutlet idea with flax mmm :)

Haha Louise, I guess theres not point in forcing it if you dont like it, to be honest I couldnt even taste it with all of the veg and everything else and I know its good for you, so Im trying to get it in when I can!
Hope its all going well today ladies!!! Day 4 almost over with and its going well so far, not really hungry but havent got to the ketosis stage yet, as I definitely dont feel sick at the thought of food, which is what I remember when I done this before.

Check in with you tomorrow x

Well done on day 4 :) Isn't it great when the appetite starts to slow down and the cravings start to disappear!? :)

Can't wait to read your first weigh in!

Hey there.

Yeah, I'm avoiding sweet stuff as much as possible. Not sure why but I had a sneaky weigh in this morning.. and haven't budged a pound this week.. week !!.. I'm still quite blocked up but I"m depressed!.. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.. or if that's normal sometimes.. just have to keep plodding on.. and maybe the new weigh in day on Sunday will see SOME weight come off. I was so hopeful this week as I've been pretty much clean and green all week. Darn.

**I did have a diet coke on Tuesday and a Pepsi Max yesterday.. plus my two Atkins shakes for breakfast Wed and Thurs.. maybe those frankenfoods stalled me.. damn it!

keep going I guess

Yes, definitely keep going!!! How long have you been on it now? I have heard that it stalls sometimes, which is why you should weigh yourself once a left or even less often than that, so it may be one of those times... you never know by the time Sunday comes, you may have lost some! It might be due to the shakes also, as Ive not heard great things about them, Ive heard they can stall people so that may also be a contributor, or it may be that youre not having enough protein..?! These are all guesses, if you carry on as you are, you may well get the loss on the weekend, its just that youve not lost anything up until this point.
With regards to being blocked up, I have peppermint tea and spinach :) Im sure if have those for a couple of days between now and your weigh in, you should notice it working! Good luck and let me know how youre getting on x

Spinach does the job. Or flax - good excuse for a mim! Hope all well:)

Hello Ladies!! I havent been able to access this all weekend, so a lot to catch up on!!
Diet still going well, I havent felt the need to cheat but I have still been having diet fizzy which I know can stall the weight loss sometimes.
So.... I weighed myself on Saturday (which is my weigh in day) so after 6 days I lost 3kg!! Woohoo, thats almost 7lbs :)
So heres the start of Week 2, I hope I get losses like this every week ;) I have another 21lb to lose in 5 weeks, Im not sure Im feeling that optimistic but Im going to try my best!!!

Oh also, I completed my workout DVDs last night and I almost died! They were so so difficult, I wonder if this is due to no carbs in my body now? If anyone has suffered like this, please let me know as it would be interesting to find out if this is the reason why I struggled so much! xx

fabulous news!! well done!! It certainly keeps you motivated to see a loss like that ;) Keep doing what you're doing!

I didn't lose ANYTHING last week (week 2).. so that put me in a real downer.. still. I'm sticking to it and finding out what will work for me.. had to cut out ALL Sugar free everything. Annoying as my Dad has been doing this for 2 months now and has lost 21 pounds. He eats small amounts of fruits, SF yoghurt and tomatoes. I think as it's his first go at Atkins he's really doing well and his body is responding!.. I can't eat what he does and am now clean and green. so we'll see how it works!

Keep it up!.. goal is on the horizon! :)

Back