Induction I really do want to be slim!!!

Thank you!! And I definitely agree with finding what suits you... For some I guess they are lucky and can get away with eating the other bits here and there and still have a loss, I know that if I had anything like that I wouldnt lose so Im definitely avoiding it!
I am on week 2 now and I think Im starting to feel the loss a little now, everywhere...? Not sure, it might just be wishful thinking, but Im really going to try and hold out until sat/sun for my weigh in day, and not during the week as I know your weight can fluctuate everyday, so I only want the weekend results to be the results Im looking at and using. Im really pleased about my measurement weight loss too! Since I start these exercise DVDs 8 weeks ago, I have lost about 7cm off my bum alone, which is great! As its huge! haha

When do you start your week 3? I really hope this week gives you a nice big loss, especially if you're sticking to this 100% :) and dont forget the green tea/spinach etc to give you a little help with the loss ;) x

Sounds like you're very well motivated! that's wonderful :) Keep it up and you'll get your loss this week :)

not sure why I"m stalling after only one week. I started Week 3 yesterday, I've been really strict with myself so I'm hopeful for a weight loss this week.. Just keeping it going! Too easy to quit eh ;)

Thank you, today has been another successful day! Although I cannot quite the fizzy today Ive had THREE cans of diet coke and then a glass of diet lemonade when I got home, I really need to stop it as my stomach goes so bloated after having them, I can notice it straight away.

Todays menu was exactly the same as yesterdays but I had some spinach with my chilli, to help things move along ;)

Looking forward to my weigh in on Sunday, I can certainly start to feel the difference in my clothes, they just feel different/loser, yay :)

Didnt get a chance to do my DVDs this evening as I didnt finish work until late and then I had to cook dinner for me and my son, but nevermind Im going to the gym in the morning, for a nice long run and some squats, before work. So, I had better get to bed!

Hope everyone elses days are going well also x

Day 11 of induction and loving it and feeling great! I am determined to lose my (at least) 2 stone by the 29th march, and I really hope I can so it, I have about 4.5 weeks to go so hoping it's a possibility :)

I've started to notice my hair and face is kore greasy now which is a rubbish side affect but so worth it if I can keep the weight off.

I'm still not sure if I'm in ketosis as I still don't have the yucky taste in my mouth and I'm still feeling hunger, I woke up this morning feeling quite hungry!! But I remember when I done this about 10 yrs ago that my appetite went completely the thought of food made me feel sick, not sure why it's so different this time, maybe due to eating more greens? Not sure but I'm loving it at the moment x

Day 12 of Induction and feeling a little bloated today but I think its because its due to be that TOTM, so Im craving the sweet stuff really bad and my lower stomach is all swollen :( boooo - I hope this doesnt affect my weight loss as ive heard you can put on a few pounds easily at this time!??! Would be awful if I did as I would feel very deflated after all my hard work, although I know the following weeks weigh in would be much better, we will have to see what the weekend brings!

I was think of making some sort of choc sauce type thing with 85% lindt excellence choc, butter and double cream...? just something sweet, maybe? I will see how my weigh in goes first and if its good I shall treat myself to this. The lindt bar is only 19g carbs per 100g which I thought was quite good, even if I just wanted a nibble of it a day it would be within the allowance for sure? Not sure if I should avoid things like this during the induction phase completely? But I really want to stay on induction until Ive lost another 2 stone or so....

Day 13 and going strong still, really looking forward to this weeks weigh in, I really hope its a good number for me!
Feeling much less bloated today which is a great feeling and Im sure my stomach looked flatter in the mirror when I looked earlier on... Lets hope so and that its not my mind playing tricks on me.

I have to say as I approach week 2 that this week had been easy to do, I havent had to travel for work this week and the week has flown by (mainly because its month end and has been a manic week!) but that has really helped me as its taken my mind off of things.
Im thinking Im going to search for breakfast alternatives this weekend, as I cant keep having egg mayo and bacon every single day, it will get boring as a while and then I will be stuck as I wont want it again, so Im not sure what to do about this... I dont really like omlette and its difficult to make early in the morning, whereas egg mayo and bacon I can prepare the night before so nothing to do in the mornings... I used to make a crustless quiche type meal when I done this years ago, in that I can put in cheese, sausages, bacon, chicken, ham, mushrooms, anything I like really and I guess thats easy to just cut up and eat in the mornings, so yes I might give that a go next week, just for a change.

Tonight Im going to be attempting to make some home made hamburgers, I wont eat them until tomorrow as I already have tonights dinner done but I need to use the mince asap really and Im might even try to make celearic chips at the same time, so it will be burger and chips for me tomorrow!! haha - sounds devine :)

Well, I had better get back to work. I love coming on here and updating on a regular basis, I think it keeps me in the zone and I think it will be great to look back once I have reached my target goal weight.

I hope everyones have a nice Friday, not long until the weekend!!!x

Good morning! I didn't have a chance to get on here yesterday, rush rush rush!!
I weighed in today and I've actually put on 0.6 of a kg.... Now I was very shocked and annoyed by this but I seriously believe it's because of that time of the month (my first one aswell after being on the pill for 14 yrs) so I'm not getting disheartened I'm sticking with it and will weigh maybe mid week next week (once you it's finished) to see if it's made a difference. The reason I believe it is this is because my body looks and feels slimmer. I'll do my measurements in a bit to make sure, but if they are going down and my clothes are feeling looser then I will use this as encouragement and ignore the scales this weekend. I seriously do not believe I've put in weight :) "think positive!!"

How is it going for you??
Thanks for the encouragement, bring on week 3!!

I haven't had my chips or burgers yet as I've been so busy I haven't had time! But I'm making them today for lunch, yummy!!!

Catch up with soon x

Hi I've just started Atkins today I weigh 18 stone and am going on family hols in June I have no confidence and I'm super scared. I've just been and bought everything for induction I'm going to struggle with the water but I'm going to do it! started exercising last month and I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more now it doesn't hurt. Good luck with your weight loss x

Day 17 and still going strong!!!! I caved in and had an Atkins choc bar last night, its tastes amazing as its been the first time Ive had choc in 17 days which is a miracle and unheard of for me, so Im very pleased with myself :)
I hope this weekends weigh in is much better than the last given as I put on weight, argghhhh, but my measurement are being posted below so I take this as encouragement.
I made my beef burgers the other night with 5% fat minced beef, a small amount of onion, salt, pepper, coriander, egg yolk and mustard powder and they were super yummy and VERY filling. I made 4 massive burgers from it and they were huge. I still havent had a chance to make my chips but Im going to try and do these tonight! So tonights dinner will be chilli, cheesy cauli mash and chips, yum!!!!

I had to eat out both Sat and Sun night this weekend and I was soooo good on both nights, Sat we went out for dinner, I ordered a mixed grill minus the tomatoes, black pudding, chips, peas and jack daniels BBQ sauce! I asked for extra mushrooms, the waitress just laughed at me as I kept apologising for being so awkward! Then Sun night we had a roast around the in laws with all of the family and I had half a plate of meat with cauli, sprouts and leeks haha, and a tiny dribble of gravy, everyone else has plates FULL of carbs, followed by ice cream, with all kinds of sauce and toppings, cake, biscuits, fruit.... oh and bottles of wine!!! It was actually not too difficult I have to admit, I seemed to have all this willpower from somewhere!! I guess just thinking of my goal at the end of this month, which is fast approaching.

So.... As I now have less than 4 weeks to lose at least 1.5 stone, is there any tips anyone can give me to help me reach this target???? Im worried my weight loss has stalled a little :( and maybe this is due to the fizzy...? I guess I will see how I get on this week and if I need to cut if out, then so be it!

I have another difficult week ahead of me... Out Thurs and Fri evening this week for birthdays/family gatherings, both of which will involve eating out, so my willpower will have to be very much in place for these evenings.

I done 1.5 hours of exercise DVDs last night and today Im going one DVD (30mins) followed by an hours session at the gym... so fingers crossed this is all working!!

Measurements below after 2 weeks of induction:
Weight: 181 (gain of 3lb from last week. Total lost 4lb)
Measurements:
Waist 83cm (same as last week. Total lost 1cm)
Hips 108cm (loss of 1cm from last week. Total lost 1.5cm)
Chest 89cm (loss of 2.5 from last week. Total lost 2.5cm)
Right arm 32.5cm (same as last week. Total gain of 0.5cm)
Left arm 33.5cm (same as last week. Total gain of 1.5cm)
Right thigh 69.5 (loss of 0.5cm from last week. Total loss of 1.5cm)
Left thigh 67.5cm (loss of 1cm from last week. Total loss of 1cm)
Bum 117.5cm (same as last week. Total loss of 1.5cm)

Thats another 5cms lost on the areas that I want! - Im excluding arms as they are difficult to measure and Im not that fussed about them anyway - So thats a total of 9cms lost on 2 weeks, and 4lb lost, I know the numbers are important, but I wonder if Im actually building muscle from the exercising and therefore thats why my measurements are lowering but my weight is fluctuating.
Lets see what the weigh in this weekend brings!!

Thanks Jod! And welcome to the Atkins diet, have you tried this before? Good luck on day 1 today, definitely try and drink the water each day, as its key to weight loss.
I am just into week 3 of induction and am finding it pretty easy if Im honest, I caved last night and had an atkins choc bar but thats the first one since I started and Ive been a lot of situations where I could have easily caved but I havent, I havent even wanted to and having a goal (like your holiday!) will really really help keep you on track.
I have an event at the end of this month I wanted to be 2 stone lighter for, and thats my goal for sticking to this and I will probably stay on induction until this date, I then have a family holiday 2 weeks after that, and then another holiday with the girls 5 weeks after I return from that one! So I have a lot of reasons to lose this weight.
Losing the weight will certainly help with your confidence and the exercise will make a huge impact also!!! Keep going with that, it works amazingly on making you feel happy and will give you a confidence boost, especially as you start to notice the weight and inches come down.
Ive lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks (7lb loss first week and gain of 3lb in week 2) but thats mainly due to that time of the month I believe which kicked in on my weigh in day (grrr) but Ive been measuring myself and can see they are going down, so definitely measure yourself today!! Ive lost 9cm in the last 2 weeks from my chest, bum, hips and thighs, which makes me really happy!!

Please feel free to chat/rant when you need to as its hard work, especially when youre doing it alone and your family are eating normal "naughty" foods!!! haha - last night, my son and OH were scoffing doughnuts in front of me on the sofa, and I could almost imagine how nice they tasted but never for a split second though of having or even wanting one!! Go me!!!!! xx

You are doing fabulously!.. It's the 'keeping it up' part that is the hardest.. especially when we gain or stay the same!.. I was SO disheartened at the end of week 2.. I stayed the same.. and during week three I gained!!. but thankfully at the end of week 3 I lost the gained pounds plus two more… It sounds like we have a similar pattern going on. I am also at that time of the month this week, so I'm hopeful for a bigger loss at the end of week 4!. I wanted to be under 200 pounds for my trip to California.. I'm 211 right now.. so I have 5 weeks to lose 11 pounds.. SHOULD be easy.. I think it just took a few weeks for my body to believe me that i was doing this again! ha.. This is the longest I've gone since the first time I did Atkins a few years ago!.

So, keep going.. I am always using my new mantra when I'm out with friends or confronted with temptation. whether it be doughnuts, pizza, fries, cake etc 'IT ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER THAN IT TASTES"!.. and once they've finished eating.. you can sit there with an OH SO SMUG look on your face!

I would try to cut down on the sodas.. They were really stalling me. I'm pumping up my water intake.. but some days it's hard. If I want something sweet/chocolatey.. I have a small hot chocolate… *Mix unsweetened cocoa powder with 1 sweetener and cream, add hot water and top up with cream… bloody LOVELY!… and fills the spot. I sprinkle cinnamon on the top too :) I made 'fake' Irish coffees the other night too.. I put alcohol into my family's drinks but mine had a splash of vanilla, a sweetener and a good glug of cream floating on the top (again topped with cinnamon and nutmeg).. YUM!.. ;)… amazing what we can come up with! :)

Well done on the inches! I haven't measured myself at all. Should have done..

**Welcome Jod! keep posting and checking in daily.. it really does help to keep you motivated!! .. Post the good and the bad.. We've all been there.. *and a few of us MANY times over ;).. best of luck and i look forward to getting to share this journey (and recipes) wit you :)

Louise

Thanks girls! No I haven't tried Atkins before but have tried almost everything else even two whole weeks without food and just shakes! It was awful but I know I've got the willpower in there just got to stick at it as I always give up then end up putting more on because I've failed.
Day 2 today for me just trying go research as I'm still learning about Atkins. I went to boot amp again last night and I'm noticing an improvement in my strength, it's an awesome feeling and this morning I keep squatting..my son thinks I'm bonkers. So far I've eaten bacon and eggs for breakfast and burger sausage broccoli and sf jelly today and lots water. I've a good feeling I can do this as the food is so nice. Good luck
With your week I'm back to reading my Atkins book again. Take care

Morning ladies, i restarted atkins on the 17/3/14 i have 3 stone to loose. i did atkins about 6 years ago and did really well. since then ive done 5:2 diet weight watchers and finally just stopped slimming world which i only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks. So im back im excited this time. good luck ladies with your loss. xx

Back