i really need some tasty real budget meals for 2

shorty1981

Afternoon every1 i really need some help im seriously on a budget like about £3 or so for a meal its not to bad as there is only 2 of us but im running out of ideas and im finding myself going off track and gaining instead of loosing i need some snack ideas to im not asking to much am i? lol!!!! hope some of u can help me im at the end and i have a headache thinking about it :confused:

I have this problem to when i cook just for me and my bf, i am not on slimming world but am on WW nocount but they are similar.
Yesterday we had gammon round, egg and SW chips and peas which worked out at about £2 a person if that.
Dont know if thats any good to you? What kind do things do you like?

I would get a large chicken
day 1. have it as a roast with veg
Day 2. with salad/sweetcorn/or veg jacket spud
day 3 with pasta pasatta garlic herbs top with cheese for a pasta bake
day 4 chuck the rest into mushy pea curry and serve with rice

there are 4 of us (well 5 really but two are little so will count the two little ones as one) if we get a large chicken it will go for 2 meals for 4 of us so thats 4 days for 2 of you :) only leaves you 3 more days and because you made a £5-£6 chicken last 4 days you will be able to splash out a bit on something a bit special for the other days and if you dont want chicken 4 days in a row make the curry and freeze it same with the chicken in tomato sauce.

Soups and stews work out cheap and you can make loads and eat it for a few days or freeze it in individual containers. Leek and potato, beef stew, even minced beef works well in a stew if that's all you've got. I eat risotto a lot on SW and once you've bought the risotto rice you can just chuck in whatever's lurking in the fridge to jazz it up (chicken, prawsn, just veg, tinned salmon) and that reheats well too. Other ideas are SW chips, with egg and beans, omelettes, roast dinner with cheaper cuts of meat cooked slowly.

there all sound fab i think i will defo take up the roast chicken i love chicken and so does my bf and i love gammon s/w chips and eggs soups are great to but i dont think my bf goes for soups i love stir frys nething meaty and i do like vegis food to AND I SHOP AT TESCOS SORRY I THOUGHT THIS MITE HELP TO :D

Omelette works out cheap. Chuck in some veg or serve with salad.

Egg, chips & beans

Sausages (Asda do 2 x 8 packs of low fat for £3). 2 syns each sausage.

Back