I really NEED to lose weight this time!!

loobie_luck

I joined a SW class in Liverpool at the end of January and left at the end of June because I moved back to Leeds after graduating from university. In that time I lost 2st 13 1/2lbs following the SW plan.

A week after moving back to Leeds I was involved in a rugby accident which has left me needing surgery which isn't until next month...feels like a lifetime I've waited but I need a new ligament reconstructed in my knee. For a while I couldn't walk without my knee brace so I left SW and, when I went back 2 months later, I had gained 13lbs :(

I rejoined but as I am job seeking I started resenting paying for the image therapy which has been sub-standard to say the least. In Liverpool the lady I had was amazing, supportive and text people...and was going through the weight loss with us all as she had goals to reach... I haven't found the same support since moving to Leeds, so consequently I've decided to stop paying to just get weighed.

I will follow the plan because I think it is the best plan out there, but I plan to get weighed every 2 weeks using the same scales and print out in Boots - 1) to save money and 2) to track my progress. My mum is going to do the same.

I guess I just need some words of inspiration. I am only 27 and I'm over 16 and a half stone... not as heavy as the 18st 11lbs I was at the beginning of the year but still, too big. It affects my confidence, self esteem and my mental health :(

xx

Hi there! :)

Well done in making the decision to come back to plan! I've joined and re-joined more times than I care to count - and its such a shame when Image Therapy isn't up to standard because when it's good it makes all the difference!

That said you'll find loads of support on here, we're a friendly bunch :D I wish you the best of luck on your journey (and with the surgery!)

Hello and welcome !

Sorry to hear about your injury and hope that the op and subsequent recovery will be successful and speedy.

With regards to not going to class - I fully understand - I sometimes lose the will to live by the time the C has been around the whole class and 'some' hog the conversation forever...................but going it alone is also pretty difficult. Could you find another class locally? You could save £5 cutting back on something else to make sure that you get that weekly weigh-in?

If you do do it alone, wanted to wish you all the very best - keep posting here because the support is invaluable - and GOOD LUCK>

Gilly x

Back