I really want to do it this time!

Hi everyone,
I'm 26 years old from South Wales. I'm doing Slimming World from home using a combination of my Mams old books and Google. I don't go to classes, I'm a student and I can't afford it! :)

I have had health problems this year that have all been made worse by my weight gain. I have had cervical cancer, gallstones, fibromyalgia and asthma all in the last few years. My weight gain started when I had a car accident and couldn't walk for a long time. I had to leave my job and I was bored and in pain for around eight months before I was able to get my life back together. So how did I fill my time? Eating. Just pure greediness. I am ashamed when I think back of how much I used to eat, but for me at the time it was normal. It's only now I've re-evaluated everything I can see how out of control I was.

Thankfully, I have my life back on track now. I am in my third year of Uni, I have my own place and I'm engaged to a great guy. I hope to become a teacher after I graduate. There is just one thing that holds me back and that is my weight. I am just over 5ft and weigh 17st and wear a size 24 on the bottom and a 20 on top. I am fed up with it now and have decided to finally do something about it. I am doing Wii Fit every day aswell for a minimum of 30 mins and so far have lost 4lb this week.

I tried Slimming World before and was doing really well but I slipped off track once and never got back into it. Doesn't help either that my fiance is a baker and always cooking up delicious treats. But he is doing it with me now and slowly getting into it!

I feel like my weight is the last reminder of my past and I want it gone so I can move forward with my new life.

Sorry I've talked too much but I'm chopsy. :)

Hoping to pick up some tips here and get some support. I've been lurking for a few months now but never had the courage to join.

So here goes.....

Wow, poor you, you've had a time of it haven't you!!!

Congrats on taking the first step to do something about your weight and even better that you have your fiance supporting you through it too. That will make life so much easier for you.

Good luck

Val x

Back