I really want to do Total :(

Yasmine

One last chance
I find that LLL is just too long for me and it's really hard. I prefer to be totally away from food and lose the weight much faster. I'm getting fed up and want to lose the weight ASAP.

Would I be allowed to? my BMI is nearly at 25 though :/

That totally depends on you LLC. Mine is very accommodating and understanding and she let me go back on Total after a disastrous 6 weeks of Lite.
Talk to your LLC, explain your reasons why you think it's a better idea for you and see what she says.
I have to say I'm not a fan of LLL and I've got a funny feeling my LLC is of the same opinion.
Good luck chick xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks and I really hope so, she just really intimidates me and she's really sarcastic with me for some reason :\

hhhmmmmm... that's not good hun. Don't forget that you are paying HER so she's actually not doing you any favours!
There is absolutely no reason to be rude or sarcastic!
You can always change you LLC too x

Your LLC shouldn't allow you to do LLT. LLT is designed for people who are obese and presumably there's a good reason why they don't recommend total abstinence for people with a BMI of less than that.

In addition, LLL is still a ketosis-basis diet and actually according to my own LLC, people doing LLL are losing similar amounts to those on LLT. The calorie content is not actually hugely different.

Sorry to sound negative Yasmine, but "losing the weight really fast" isn't the point of this surely? Yeah it's a big part of keeping motivated and getting healthy - but if you find LLL is "too long" and "really hard" - are you really changing how you think about your relationship with food?

Suggest you talk to your LLC and your group about how you're feeling about it and take support from them, rather than looking for a quick fix.

Last edited:
as far as im aware llt is only available for those with a bmi of 30 or over, the only reason im doing total again is i am a refresher/returner. i originally started total with a bmi of about 34 maybe more... as your so close to 25 i really dont think they would allow you to start abstaining at this point. sorry if you feel this is negative but there is a reason that they have these guidelines for each plan. lite is working for you, might take a bit longer but in the grand scheme of things whats an extra few weeks?? take care xx

Hi Yasmine, I feel for you hun - whether or not its the "right" thing to do, quick weight loss is such a huge motivator. Just to add to the info on LLT, my BMI was under 30 when I joined but I was allowed to go on Total because my waist measurement was over a certain amount (can't remember exactly).
:greenapple:
This is actually in LLs rules - apparently if you are an "apple" shape (you put on weight in the midsection) overweight is more dangerous for you so LL allow you to go on Total regardless of your BMI.

Also I was very clear about what I wanted to do and why from the outset and discussed this with my LLC at some length (poor her!) When it comes down to it, your LLC is a business woman not a nanny and you are an adult, perfectly capable of making your own decisions.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. xx

You're LLC shouldn't allow you to do LLT. LLT is designed for people who are obese and presumably there's a good reason why they don't recommend total abstinence for people with a BMI of less than that.

In addition, LLL is still a ketosis-basis diet and actually according to my own LLC, people doing LLL are losing similar amounts to those on LLT. The calorie content is not actually hugely different.

Sorry to sound negative Yasmine, but "losing the weight really fast" isn't the point of this surely? Yeah it's a big part of keeping motivated and getting healthy - but if you find LLL is "too long" and "really hard" - are you really changing how you think about your relationship with food?

Suggest you talk to your LLC and your group about how you're feeling about it and take support from them, rather than looking for a quick fix.
Got to agree, a lot of sense is written above...

Also, it's worth remembering that some of the high losses people see on LLT is due to them having more to lose, so losses may be bigger...

In addition to this, people lose at different rates... look at me for example! Yasmine, you and I are losing at about the same rate, even though I am on Total...

I hear your frustrations, and know how you feel... But you're still losing incredibly fast, and as your BMI is so close to 25, you don't really have that far to go babes... Stick with it hunny... The losses on LL (total, or lite) are great, but it's not a quick fix over all... I am gonna take about 6 months to lose my 5 stone at this rate (I have been totally abstinent the whole time, yet losses are slow), and then will have a further 3 or 4 months of RTM... it's a long old haul, which I wish could be done and dusted much sooner, but it's just not how things are panning out... Stay positive, you're doing so well... :D

xx

unfortunately being on total doesn't always mean bigger losses.

At the beginning of my RTM I was losing 3lbs some weeks and eating 2 meals and packs and snacks. On total, apart from TOTM when I stayed the same, milk week when I lost more and the first 3 weeks I lost 3lbs every week.

So being on total didn't make me lose weight any quicker than I would if I had done lite or very healthy eating. The reason I done total was because I had a BMI of over 30 (way over)

Everyone is different though, just don't see it as a guarantee to lose more quicker.

Back