I see a little problem on the horizon

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Snozzberry, 24 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My friend has asked me to hers for lunch this week. She has told me she will be making a creamy pasta bake.

How do I even beginning guesstimating how many points to allow for that? In the old days I would have a rough idea, but propoints are still so new to me. I don't want to bugger it up on my first week.

I am looking forward to it though :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Any idea what she puts in it? If you have a rough idea on old points just double it. Seems to come somewhere close normally. Or could you ask? Or look up a point value for a creamy pasta bake on asda.com and watch your portions x enjoy x

4. Smurfygirl

Smurfygirl Full Member

Does she know ur on ww? If so u could ask her for the recipe and work it out, or u could just say it's really good and ask for it! X

5. Smurfygirl

Smurfygirl Full Member

Oops forgot to mention putting it in recipe builder on esource! Must be the wine! ;)

6. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I could just ask in passing what she's put in it I guess, and try to work it out roughly and add a bit extra on just in case - I don't like to ask exactly for details because I always feel like I might offend the cook lol.

I did reply to her message saying I'd save some points especially, so she knows I've started WW.

I will watch my portion size though and I'll be treating it as my main meal of the day, so I'll have something lighter and lower points in the evening.

7. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't signed up to MP yet, so I've not got it. But I will be signing up at my next meeting so I might ask her for the recipe afterwards (like I said, I don't like to before) and do a retrospective check on Saturday and hope I didn't blow the budget.

Thank you guys :)

8. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just found a recipe on BBC Good Food - a serving of that one works out at 19pp. So I reckon I'll work on the basis of that and fit my other meals round it. I have plenty of weekly points left over if I need them anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.