• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I see a little problem on the horizon

S: 13st12.0lb C: 12st4.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 32.6 Loss: 1st7.5lb(11.08%)
My friend has asked me to hers for lunch this week. She has told me she will be making a creamy pasta bake.

How do I even beginning guesstimating how many points to allow for that? In the old days I would have a rough idea, but propoints are still so new to me. I don't want to bugger it up on my first week.

I am looking forward to it though :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 13st7.0lb
Snozzberry said:
My friend has asked me to hers for lunch this week. She has told me she will be making a creamy pasta bake.

How do I even beginning guesstimating how many points to allow for that? In the old days I would have a rough idea, but propoints are still so new to me. I don't want to bugger it up on my first week.

I am looking forward to it though :D
Any idea what she puts in it? If you have a rough idea on old points just double it. Seems to come somewhere close normally. Or could you ask? Or look up a point value for a creamy pasta bake on asda.com and watch your portions x enjoy x

I could just ask in passing what she's put in it I guess, and try to work it out roughly and add a bit extra on just in case - I don't like to ask exactly for details because I always feel like I might offend the cook lol.

I did reply to her message saying I'd save some points especially, so she knows I've started WW.

I will watch my portion size though and I'll be treating it as my main meal of the day, so I'll have something lighter and lower points in the evening.

Oops forgot to mention putting it in recipe builder on esource! Must be the wine! ;)
I haven't signed up to MP yet, so I've not got it. But I will be signing up at my next meeting so I might ask her for the recipe afterwards (like I said, I don't like to before) and do a retrospective check on Saturday and hope I didn't blow the budget.

Thank you guys :)

I just found a recipe on BBC Good Food - a serving of that one works out at 19pp. So I reckon I'll work on the basis of that and fit my other meals round it. I have plenty of weekly points left over if I need them anyway.